cinergy health ins. / application fee

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I called cinergy health ins. to get a quote, first I got some one and she got my phone number so a rep. could call me back, I wanted for them to send me literature so my husband could review and read about it, the person I spoke with said for me to ask the rep. I did and told me for me look it up in the computer, the person I was talking with gave me a quote but in order for me to enroll there was a one time fee of 50.00, I have never come across anything like that, do you think this Ins. is legit.
Sincerely yours
Lucy

Lu

Comments

• Ji
      14th of May, 2009

Thank you for the warning I've been considering placing a call to Cinergy health also. I'm trying to do some back ground checks myself. I'm so thankful to find your comments here.

Thanks again, Jim in Oklahoma

• Ci
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Lucy, to answer your question . . .Yes, Cinergy Health is a legitimate health insurance agency. Cinergy Health offers guaranteed issue, limited medical benefit insurance plans at affordable prices to all members of the National Congress of Employers. Thus, when you register with Cinergy Health, you are also registering to become a member in NCE. The one time $50 membership fee is the fee to become a member in NCE, which then entitles you to not only to low cost health insurance, but many other benefits as well including ID Theft Protection, discounted auto maintenance, discouted car rental, and 24 hour roadside assistance. Another way Cinergy Health aims to keep costs affordable for members is to eliminate the majority of our printing and mailing costs and provide all of our information online at www.CinergyHealth.com. Our agents can also be reached by phone and can go over the membership information in great detail and are available to answer any questions that may arise. I hope this information helps as you continue to search for adequate and affordable health insurance. If you have any further questions, then please call us at (800) 847-1148, or email us at info@cinergyhealth.com.

21st of Sep, 2009

I called today to get a reason as to why my insurance with you would'nt cover a proceedure done on a covered participant. The lady I talked to suggested that I write an appeal . Upon arriving at the doctor's office for a follow-up visit today, I was told that my insurance was'nt going to pay for the surgery. Pryor to the surgery, the nurse had called to confirm the insurance. She spoke to a represenative, named Rachel. The nurse was informed that the surgery would be covered. We went ahead with the planned surgery. When I returned home today, I pulled out my insurance certificate of coverage. Nowhere does it state the different anesthesia procedures. all it says it that they be licensed and certified. The doctor was of course licensed. All the nurses in the recovery room were also licensed. Although the patient was put in twilight state, it was still administered by a licensed anesthesiologist. Please re-consider and cover the surgery. Because of the mis-representation, you've put a finnacial burden on our finnances. We have always paid on time.
    Thank-you,