Cindy Crawford sleeper sofa / bar in back

1 Sarasota, FL, United States Review updated:

We received a pretty sofa that had felt comfortable in the showroom. My mother had difficulty sleeping on it. My husband and I were up all night in pain. Rooms To Go sent a technician, who found no manufacturing defect. Yet, the frame is made with a bar that slopes northward, creating a ridge in the mattress at the middle of a person's back. Customer service just told me on the phone that they do not warranty for the design of the sofa. With the manner of her voice, it was obvious she has had to tell this to many other customers. I would have been satisfied to exchange (and pay difference) for an upgraded model; they said no. I'm stuck with spending hundreds on a poor performing product. Extremely bad customer service. Last time we shop there!

Comments

• Di
      16th of Oct, 2011

I have experienced the exact problem with this sofa from the Panama City Florida store. The visit from the Rooms to Go technician was an absolute joke. He agreed that the sofa had a stiffness where the bar is located, but told me that my upgrade with the posturpedic mattress probably added to the problem. He then told me that if I ordered a hundred of these they would all be the same. I got a call from Patty with Rooms to Go the next day and she told me that the technician reported that there is no factory defect.

• Xy
      17th of Jun, 2014

It is impossible to sleep on the Cindy Crawford sleeper sofas because of the bar across it in the middle of your back. It is extremely uncomfortable. Absolutely the worst sleeper sofa I've ever experienced.

• Et
      18th of Dec, 2015

Readdddddd!

• Pr
      26th of Oct, 2017

@Ethan Jefferson Wait, so did you ever find where the reinforcement bar is? I can't figure out which one it is, and my sleeper portion won't unfold completely. The end third of it remains propped up!

• Et
      18th of Dec, 2015

Read

• Jw
      5th of Mar, 2016

The sticker says to remove strews. The support bar on my couch is attatched with rivets. I can remove the rivets but if i do will this void some sort or warranty?

• De
      17th of Mar, 2016

Where on the product is this sticker located, and why don't the technicians know about it? Has anyone removed the bar yet? Are you able to considering the rivets are there?

11th of Jul, 2016

I see the sticker that says to remove the reinforcement bar. The problem is that it is riveted!!! what can you do? You can not sleep on this "sleeper" sofa!!!

14th of Aug, 2016

So which piece is the "reinforcement bar". They're all riveted so none are removable! Can't even use the bed!!!

• Ka
      20th of Aug, 2016

I contacted customer support about how to locate the 'reinforcement bar' that the sticker tells you you must remove before use. It turns out that the bar has been removed in the warehouse prior to delivery, which is why the remaining bars appear riveted and are not meant for removal. It would be nicer and clearer if they removed the sticker that tells you to remove the bar, at the same time that they remove the bar, but... And I clarified - the bar that is removed runs from head to foot and is screwed into the wooden frame, it does not run side to side (armrest to armrest), and is not riveted, so it is gone when delivered. I hope this saves someone else some time.

• Me
      29th of May, 2017

@KathKath Great explanation, but I am still stuck with a terrible sleeper that I can not use!

20th of Aug, 2016

Great explanation. Thank you so much for sharing this information.

• Al
      21st of Jun, 2017

The bar in the Cindy Crawford bed is terrible! it makes the bed useless! I have a question for you attorneys out there. If I sue Rooms To Go in small claims court and bring these comments in, do I have any case? Can I sue them and on what grounds would I sue them? This is obviously a known manufacturer's defect.

• Ga
      25th of Jun, 2017

I just turned mine upside down to remove it. I saw the rives and googled it. I'm so happy you posted this. I only laid on it to watch TV and I felt there was a crowbar in my back. I feel for my guests. Please keep me posted on a solution.
    Thanks
    GMoy44@hotmail.com

• Al
      26th of Sep, 2017

Actually I'm going to sue Rooms To Go in small claims court as they say the bar is a "customer preference". If you know of any other posts regarding this sofa sleeper from Rooms To Go, please let me know. I went on a road trip and other sofa sleeper has the bar dropped so it doesn't go into your back.

• Br
      12th of Oct, 2017

Yup, we got sucked by rooms to go.There is NO way they are not aware of this deficiency.If someone tries to sleep on this defective product, I fear there could Be musculoskeletal issues requiring medical treatment.I am in south Florida and am going to consult with a negligence attorney.Then I will give the Retailer an opportunity to make good, and if not
    we shall persue .

7th of Nov, 2017

We are deeply disappointed to hear that you have not received the service that you deserve! Please send us an email to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com and we’d be happy to help any way that we can!

• Do
      8th of Dec, 2017

Anyone can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Consumer Protection in their state. Also if you paid with a credit card you may be able to dispute the charges. Check with your credit card company. Also, Clark Howard is a consumer advoand may have some helpful advice. I'm not an attorney and this is not advice. I'm just sharing information.

21st of Dec, 2017

@DollarStretcher We've caught your other comments and unfortunately, it is more common to disclose any negative feedback verses positive and/or positive resolutions provided. We maintain our A+ BBB rating by addressing any and all complaints appropriately. It is our sincere hope that you allow us the opportunity to review your account for any concerns or issues with your merchandise. Please send us your order number or phone number associated with your order to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com and I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2018

My company bought the Cindy Crawford sleeper yesterday from Rioms to go in Charlotte and it will be impossible for my guests to sleep on because of the way it’s designed. I think there are enough consumers affected for a class action lawsuit.

17th of Jul, 2018

@Shari Gaither Impossible to sleep on a sleeper sofa? Something definitely doesn't sound right. If you could email us your order info to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com we'd be happy to look into this!

4th of Aug, 2018

It is impossible to sleep on the Cindy Crawford sleeper sofas because of the bar across it in the middle of your back. It is extremely uncomfortable. You cant sleep at all on tilted sofa bed without damaging your back muscles.

• Ra
      22nd of Sep, 2018

I am having issues unfolding the sofa into the sleeper position. I feel like I'm a fairly intelligent person when it comes to problem solving, but this one has me stumped. Is this how everyone else's sofa unfolds? What am I doing wrong? See attached picture.

• Ra
      22nd of Sep, 2018

@RandL76 Apparently the picture did not upload with my question...

• Jd
      16th of Oct, 2018

Thanks all for the posts. Any recent news on this? Just tried sleeping on this things and decided my chances are better standing up. I’m thinking the bar is supposed to have screws instead of rivets and that it is supposed to be removed.
    The rep that KathKath talked to must not know what they’re talking about. The sticker says to put sleeper on its back and partially unfold to remove bar. If this was referring to a head-to-toe oriented bar then one would not be able to partially unfold the bed. She was probably just saying anything to get off the phone. Please post any updates. Thanks!