Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority - CMHA / Be aware of this company!

I am a landlord who has rented to a past tenant, and a current tenant who received a rent subsidy from the Cincinnati Metro Housing Authority, currently known as CMHA. I had a past tenant who was receiving a rent subsidy from this government sponsored agency who moved out in the first week in April with out any notification, which in itself violated her lease agreement, and I have a current tenant who moved into on of my apartments on April 14, of 2007. Prior to her moving into the apartment, the apartment was inspected by a CMHA inspector who after his inspection, forced me to make some cosmetic repairs to the apartment, and the building. I had already received a deposit to hold the apartment for the current recipient of the CMHA assistance. The potential tenant had to sell some of her belongings in order to prepare for the move into my apartment building. Keep in mind the tenant and myself have been keeping current notification with CMHA and we're both thinking everything was going along with the system CMHA has set for it's recipients and the landlords of the property. I was asking $550 for the rent of a two bedroom apartment. Now here's where the fangs of this organization are shown. After the inspection, and after the repairs are made to the apartment, and the tenant is making preparation to move in on April 14,2007, I get a letter from CMHA informing me that they would not pay the asking price I stated for the apartment, but wanted me to drop my rent to $509 a month. Now I received this letter around April 10. The tenant only had 90 days to find an apartment, or she would've been disqualified from receiving any assistance from CMHA, or she would've had only about 4 weeks remaining to find another apartment. Needless to say I felt some compassion for this person since it was a female who was around 20 yrs. of age, and a single mother. So against my better judgement, I decided to concede and lower my rent due to the fact that this person didn't have enough time to find something else. This was the first episode I had dealing with the Mafia tactics performed by CMHA. On April 14,2007 the tenant moved in after giving me a deposit. All necessary documents had been signed, and now I was waiting for CMHA to send me my first check for their portion of the rent for the tenant. According to the contract I signed with CMHA, I was to receive a payment of $283 for the monthly rent from April 14 to the end of the month of April, and an amount of $500 for the month of May, and the month of June. The amount of $1,283 was due on June 1, 2007. On June 1 I received a check for the amount of $593. I can't tell you how appalled I am that I, and the tenant, would be victimized by this organization of infamy. I am seeking an avenue to not only expose this Mafia organization, but a way to make them give me the amount of money indicated by the contract that I and the tenant signed with CMHA. I want to expose this organization to the city of Cincinnati, and the world. I want to inform the government how their contribution to the city is being used, and how the citizens who genuinely need this help are to expect to be treated. It is my goal to make people aware of the heartless treatment displayed by CMHA.

More Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority - CMHA Complaints & Reviews

Plus Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority [CMHA] - inspection

A  11th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I rent a house through CMHA. They constantly harrass me about doing yard work. I'm a single mother who has to rely on someone else to do my yard work. They need to be a bit more understanding. I understand that it's my responsibility to have my yard work done. It's very stressful when you come home from work real late one night and find a notice on your door and that you have to beg someone to do your yard work the very next day or CMHA will charge you $50 to do it. I also had to have a window replaced from a crack that was caused by wind damage. CMHA charged me to replace it. I also had a clog in my bathtub and didn't know the cause of it. CMHA used a plunger on it & charged me $25.
D  2nd of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
No landlord is forced to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program. If you don't want to rent to Section 8, don't do it. Haven't you seen how the tenant's ruin neighborhoods? The person that commented before me is complaining that she has to go to work then cut her grass?!?!?!? Well, get off of subsidized housing... then if you don't cut your grass, it will be the city giving you a ticket and not CMHA fining you! It's that simple. Everyone wants to reap the benefits of Section 8 but not comply with the rules. How about the citizens of the US band together to end this waste of a program... then the landlord posting this complaint would have no one to blame but himself and his tenant. And, the poor woman who commented couldn't get mad at CMHA when she didn't feel like cutting her grass, she could take it up with the city when the ticket her 2 to 3 times that amount! Problem solved.
N  13th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i am i current section 8 holder and i was taken by a landlord going thru the section 8 process. With section 8 you are to submit a RTA that can take up to 15 days to inspect the place then another 7 days days to process what the call the rent resonable assement all together this can take up to 28 days because weekends are not included. I have been out of a place since june first due to section 8 and the way they do bussiness. I found a landlord thru section whom wanted 625 per month for a 2br in a nice area my rental protion was 540 (not much help but when your out for work for 4 mos i really comes in handy). the land lord named Dick Gilbert of 2598 ferguson rd would not prcocess the RTA without the full amount a deposit and me signing a lease. I thought this was a bit unusal but like i said i been out of my apt for a while now and my section 8 was about to be taken away. I told this man the only reason i was up there is because section wanted the other landlord to come down on the rent and they refused so at the point he never said the he wld not work with section 8 with the rent. So halfway thru the prcocess i call to let the landlord know that it jiust has to go thru the rent reasonable now he says if section does not want to pay all of 625 he will not come down on the rent and he is keeping my deposit. So now its 28 days later i still dont have a place to live this man has taken all the money i had and section8 tell me its not any of there concern. this man seen me coming a mile away no matter wat your income is section will always asked this landlord to come down cause my caseworker tried to make me think it was my income that did not pass the rent resonable but section 8 would have only paid 85 but after 20 mins of going thru circles see finally looked at MY FILE and not giving general information and said that compaired to other apt in the area the rent is not resonable. the landlord knew from the start that that would happen. Im a single mother i am 26 with a 5 year old daughter i have always worked, i have always maintained a clean apt, i have always complyed with any rules that has been set by section 8. i just stared my job i gave this man my whole first check and still had to borrow money then to taken and this company tells me its not there concern is a slap in the face

Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority [CMHA] Logo Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority [CMHA]
1627 Western Ave.