Cincinnati Bell Fioptics / selling a service and not providing it

I was told that if I switch from Insightbb.com to Zoomtown.com I was going to save a lot of money and I would have a better service. I was told that the technician who came to install the fioptics would switch my e-mails, addresses and even send a message to all my contatcs advising them of my new e-mail. Well the technician came and install the internet and the t.v. but he knew nothing about the e-mail, he said that was not part of his job to call technical support, which happens to be in the Philippines. I have spent over 2 weeks trying to make the so-called "true-switch"; have talked to numerous technical support agents and have spent hours with them and the switch was not done. Now I get a call from them telling me that the true-switch can not be made because my old provider is not compatible with Zoomtown!!! How can Cincinnati Bell go around selling a service they won't provide!!! They new I was with Insight before. I was told to just forward my emails to my new one!!! This is not acceptable and it is lack of integrity.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

4th of Mar, 2018

A single word describes C Bell, SUCKS. Was promised my first mont free but that never happened. Called the salesman and he said he would forward the info to whomever would correct the mistake. Still no resolution of the problem. After a year another salesman called offering to continue the same introductory price. for another year. I told him I was still due a free month and asked if I was going to receive it. He put me on hold and after talking to his supervisor he offered me 49.99 which is short of the 135.00 plus That I am still due. In my opinion, after what has transpired with my account I can only conclude that C Bell sucks. I’m going back to dish. Oh yeah, during the Super Bowl I lost the game and had to reboot everything. In light of what has happened to me I suggest that anyone even remotely considering C Bell Fioptics turn around and run away as fast as you can. C Bell screwed me once, it won’t happen again.

• Be
      9th of Jun, 2017

Worst Service from people to equipment!!! we are not able to choose a different provider to location and it is been nothing but horrible reps, supervisors, if you can call them that!!! STAY AWAY from this company at all cost!!! I have been on hold only to be disconnected after 45 minutes of waiting!!!
    Bella's Restaurant Loveland

• Du
      15th of Apr, 2015

Does anyone know how to tell if I have Fioptics? All the cable inside the house is original from TWC and the cable from the yard to the house is orange, how can it be fioptics if these old lines exist?

5th of Apr, 2015

Fioptics internet is good. TV service needs work. The DVR provided is nothing special, locks up, slow as snails on erasing recorded shows, and not user friendly by any stretch of the imagination. Using ON DEMAND is a joke as the video doesn't fill the screen. After 4 months - ready to drop TV service.

• Gf
      1st of Mar, 2015

Cincinnati bell does not tell you that once you switch to FIOPTICS you can't switch back to a copper line. I went to cancel my service and keep my email until I could get switched. They told be once I cancel internet email is gone and minimum service at 10mb would be $50 month. So they get you DO NOT SWITCH TO FIOPTICS

• Ry
      22nd of Feb, 2015

DVR service is unusable. After multiple complaints to Cincinnati Bell says that the issue of playback skipping and freezing is a known issueand engineers have been working 4 months with no resolution in site...

• Sc
      24th of Nov, 2014

Well, I'm browsing to see if others are having issues with gaming over Cinci Bell fioptics. Wow, some of you make us appear lucky. We switched from Time Warner in late April this year. The internet performance was never as promised. The prices are higher than quoted and not any different from Time Warner. We also repartitioned drive which they said could be done from central then said someone had to come out so we waited and they didn't show then called and were told they did it from Central. T.V.'s work most of the time. Just got off phone with their tech support in the Philippines. To sum it up, they promise 20mb speed, however xfer speed is totally different and they make no promises there. Son downloaded a game yesterday that took 14 hrs at a grand rate of 0.79mb/sec. Can't play xbox with friend who has Verizon because our internet is too slow. They say fioptics, but really fioptics was not run to the house and in asking they can't give any estimated time for when they will put a box on the house and run it from street to house. After reading comments here, I'm not sure it is at the street either. Could be a quarter mile away for all I know:) I feel I was sold a bill of goods and that they advertised falsely. In hearing their support folks talk though, they deliver 20mb and do the speed test to prove it. What is needed I'm learning is xfer speed for which they make no promises and with good reason since it can be really really low. They have misleading advertising at the very least. We are on the hunt for another provider that actually does provide the speed needed to not freeze or lag during games.

5th of Oct, 2014

New to Fioptics. Is it normal that everytime we turn the main TV off we loose internet?

• Be
      21st of Aug, 2014

I have had Fioptics since it became available. I had problems with the Digital TV from day one. Same issues as others have all ready stated. Sometimes I would my signal when Lightning storms went through the area. Had Techs out three times and it still didn't work. Techs replaced all cabling and connections inside the house to no avail. I ended up dropping the TV and just use the Fioptics internet. It stills has issues from time to time. The Fioptics is not FTTH in my neighbourhood. It's FTTN. Difference is fiber optics cable does not run to your house with FTTN. Cincinnati Bell used existing copper wires already buried. Problem is signal loss for various reasons. Wires degrade over time. The farther away from the FTTN connection you are the signal degrades. If you are located at the other end of the neighbourhood you will more than likely have issues.

• Jm
      16th of Jun, 2014

Same Stuff HERE! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... Can't watch Netflix, because it always quits in the middle of a movie. Same with HULU PLUS. The inernet drops all my devices ALL THE TIME! The frustration, isn't worth the price difference... I'm thinking of going back to Time Warner. You are screwed by both companies and WE PAY FOR IT!!

• Sc
      17th of May, 2014

I switched from Time Warner to Cincinnati Bell this month. The internet was too slow, so I called back as the technician advised to repartition to 20 mb internet and 30 mb t.v. The technician told me this could be done from the central office and there was no need for anyone to come out. However, even after speaking with a supervisor, they told me someone would have to come out and check my wiring. I scheduled an appt for 8-12 today. They never showed. So after wasting one of my two weekend days, I called them to find out why they never showed, and they said they took care of it from the central office at 10:30 am today. No need for someone to come out. Exactly opposite what the supervisor on the phone told me this week. They wasted my time for nothing. No apologies. Just a bunch of excuses. Wow, the lady just told me they would credit $22 a month of internet service to my account. Thanks. T.V. in my room isn't working, says to contact service provider. I'm overwhelmed at this point by the good service from Cincinnati Bell. Almost as bad as Time Warner charging me for a wireless router I never had.

9th of Mar, 2014

Signed up for TV/internet/phone in Nov 2013. Problems from the start. Now tv freezes, receiving "no signal" message and blue screen. It will work for several hours, then the no signal message starts again about every 30 seconds. Customer service is useless. Have called 3 times. 3rd time told them to fix it or take it out. I really hate TWC, so will be looking somewhere else for tv service

14th of Jan, 2014

I bought a house back in April 2012. I had DirecTV for many years and and used Cincinnati Bell basic phone service and their broadband service, which. during my move I called Cincinnati Bell to transfer my phone and internet. They then offered to bundle my Phone, Internet and TV service and save me a great deal, also telling me if I switch they will pay up to $100 of any fees I on my bill from my DirecTV. Well I have been using the service for a year and half now and ever since I switched I have had lots of issues with poor internet service. the TV service is constantly rebooting and downloading. I constantly have to reboot the reciever/DVR after watching a recorded show. I have called them several times since i had the service. My so call bundle package is now costing me over $60 dollars more than it was before I bundle. I have never received the $100 rebate and when I called them abut it I got so many transfers to I gave up. Now I am left trying to find another service that will give me what I want and save me in bills as promise by cincinnati bell.

• Fr
      21st of Nov, 2013

They sold this to my 75 year old mother. They told her she could switch back at no charge to regular service if she did not like it. Needless to say, the service was subpar. She cancelled and was told she was stuck with the fioptics phone, which does not work when the electric goes out unless you have a battery backup. We were not told this until a few weeks after the install. They would happily install it for a large fee of course. This is ridiculous. She is disabled and they are taking advantage of her.

• Ba
      27th of Oct, 2013

For the cost the service should be superb!

• Ba
      27th of Oct, 2013

Everything that was said. Was watching the football game today and service went out and customer service line busy. Going on 2 hrs. now and still nothing. I have had this for 2 years and the worst service I have ever paid out of the !$$ for. The bad part is that I resigned up after I learned that the contract was only limited and they went up on my bill. I am switching and hopefully this will not go on my credit report.

• La
      26th of Sep, 2013

I have had issue but customer service isnt that bad no worse than any other. I hate and i mean HATE time warner i would rather cut my arm off then go back. Fioptics isnt that bad theese people are exaggerating because there mad. Its new and keeps getting better. Most of the customer reps i have talk to have been very nice, hold time are pretty bad. My tv freeze but no more than it did woth time warner. Internet is very fast, it does have peak time drop off cb gave me a ten mega bump for free to off set this and thanks again to paul for going the extra mile. Remember its human to band wagon and exaggerate for effect. And some is just plain old not taking responsibility to learn something new.

19th of Sep, 2013

Yesterday my service was connected & I received my email & temporary password. I'd signed in but did not get clearance to change my temporary password ID. Is there a way to do this? Betty J. Harris...

• Dc
      21st of Aug, 2013

I'm so glad I cancelled B4 they ever came to my house. I ended up keeping Xfinity, and I love this new X1 Xfinity just came out with. It has an awesome user-interface..

• Wh
      7th of Aug, 2013

We switched to Cinti Bell Fioptics a year ago because we were told that we could get a better rate than with Time Warner. Well, we got a better rate for about a year and then it went up higher than it was with TW. We often have trouble getting on certain things on the internet. Regarding e-mail, I used to be able to get into my zoomtown email and just check the box in front of each mail that I wanted to delete and I could delete all of them at once. Now the boxes to check are not there anymore so I have over 1100 e-mails that I have to delete by clicking on the one to delete, hitting delete and waiting for them to deleter ONE AT A TIME. Do you know how long this takes? FOREVER!! Please help or I will have to go to another provider.