Cigna / REFUSAL

P.O. BOX 182223Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 1-800-423-9920

THREE DIFFERENT DR'S HAVE REQUESTED I GET AN MRI FOR I AM IN PAIN AND THEY KEEP REFUSING ME AND SAYING I NEED TO GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY FIRST......HOW CAN YOU DO THAT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?
i HOPE YOU TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO OR WHO TO TALK TO.
Ka

Comments

Ce
  20th of May, 2009
My husband who was my caretaker (I am disabled) and a well known artist died in Oct. of Cancer. He had life insurance through Cigna which he had paid for for the last eight years. Ironically he had gone in last summer and upped the amount of his life insurance, not knowing he had cancer. Cigna happily accepted his premiums and everything was fine until he found a lump on his chest in July. (two months after taking out more insurance) He did not get the results of the biopsy until July 22 and by then the melanoma cancer had spread to his brain.
Cigna paid the first part of the insurance, which I had to use to cover outstanding bills, his funeral, and his medical bills which were outrageous, even after his health insurance paid their part.
Cigna refuses to pay the second half of his life insurance stating that it was a pre existing condition. How can it be pre exsisting if neither he or his doctor had any idea he was sick? I really need that life insurance as I am unable to work and have lost not only his income from his job, but the income from his art and my caretaker. I am now trying to live on $1300 a month, and knowing they could be so cruel only adds to the mourning I am already going through. Does anyone out there have any information that would help me? I cannot afford a lawyer, but I do have all the paperwork that verifies what I said. Cecelia Showalter...rickybob1@yahoo.com

Cigna International Logo Cigna International