Cicuit City / Cicuit City took my money and I got no x-mas gift

United States Review updated:

I order a x-mas gift for my daughter a ipod touch on 12-14-2007 i also paid for express 2nd day shipping to ensure hat it would be here before x-mas the total order came to $437.00 i received a email stating that my order was shipped and they supplied me with a tracking number so i could track the progress of my shipment well on the 12-18-2007 i track my order about 5:30pm and it stated it was delivered at 2pm so i called fedex and they told me that it was in fact delivered and that it was let at the front door and that circuit city did not require a signature and it was ok to to leave it so then i called circuit city back and i was told that it was out of their hands i have no gift or no money i am out $437.00.

Please help
Donnell Mumford
[protected]
Va

Comments

Ci
  20th of Apr, 2008
ALL SATEMENTS ARE FROM MY EXPERIENCE, AND MY OPPINION FROM YEARS OF BEING A CIRC CIT CUSTOMER. This is a very bad thing, but there is no limit to their lack of customer-care or customer non-appreciation. They are terrible. Lets hope your children do not have car trouble in their presence. After making my purchase, I needed to use a phone book to call a tow-truck. No big deal right? Wrong! This was in the morning when the store had just opened, and there was no-one else around. Just the clerk and I. I ended up having to go to another store in the plaza to use a phone book; I did not make a purchase at this other store, and yet they were civil and humane in their efforts where CirCity employees could not conduct themselves and made every attempt to seek fulfillment in the unfortunate circumstances I happened to be in (Bad People). I was very polite, and made a point to stay out of the way, but the staff was clearly bent on being inhumane and down right hideous in their behavior. Keep in mind I was the only person at the "customer Service desk" and stayed out of the way. The clerk ceased the phone book and as an opportunist would do, he attempted to monopolize on my plyth in typical Cir City Fashion, making jokes at my expense. Sickos work There! I had been a long time loyal customer, Since then I have discovered their closest competition (BeBy) seems to be much cheaper (average $10-$20 cheaper) on the same items.
MORE Important, Prior to this I bought a Lap Top. It took several trips to the Store to get it, because the staff would not give me the Item. They kept trying to sell me NORTON with it, I kept explaining I did NOT want Norton and why. I just wanted the Laptop. Several trips back and forth to the store I got the computer. Then they wanted to sell me the Extended warranty, I explain over and over that I did not want it and why. They proceeded to lied about the Battery replacement and con-ed me and my dad into buying it (hassle free battery replacement, they send you a new one you send the old back, LIE, LIE). The lies resulted in me purchasing the Extended Warranty that I did not want. My battery is now bad and I cannot get a replacement, as argued by the staff (Lie) when I made the purchase. I have to mail it in and wait to see if i get one back. Not as described (Lied) to sell the warranty, and why I did not want it in the first place. Lie no "good faith" and hope to receive one back, this is exactly why I did Not want the warranty as I explained and then they fabircated (Lie) about the battery replacement process. I do not have a functional battery, because of the complications in dealing with the staff. They get Belligerent, as Liars do! Lies and violence go hand in hand, that is how lies work. Yelling at the customer is the violence and it makes the victim just give up. increase Profits, as opposed to honoring the warranty at the expense of losing future sales makes no sense at the corporate level, but at the floor staff competing to sell warranties, it Dose. They are bad, shop around to get the best deal, because they do not care about their customers in my experience and everyone (strangers or not) that I have talked to agree. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THE STAFF ARE TELLING YOU ABOUT THE WARRANTIES.
Ka
  26th of Jan, 2009
No kidding about the warranties. Its all about getting as much money as they can. 12/15/08 I bought kicker subs, amp, and all the neccesarry equipment to have to installed not to mention the $200.00 on the protection plan alone. All of the sudden the subs are no longer working and im stuck with nothing. I've called curcuit city numerous times but they keep giving me different 1800/888 numbers to call each time. I believe that curcuit city is just a big ###ter and they dont care about anything except for making a last dollar. On my sales receipt it states that " The curcuit city advantage protection plan for home and car electronics for the (product code) starts 12/26/08 and expires 12/26/10. FOR SERVICE SIMPLY DROP OFF YOUR PRODUCT TO ANY CIRCUIT CITY STORE. Sooo.. my question is, does this no longer apply? end of story.. im pissed.
Ke
  24th of Feb, 2009

Cicuit City - Warranty
Circuit City
South Carolina

I bought a 56"Samsung TV, and with it purchased the Circuit City Advantage warranty. I was told the light bulb that it used would fail in about three years and the cost would be $300.oo if I didn't get the warranty. The bulb is failing so I tried to call the warranty program and all I get is the same recording. By the way the warranty was $700.oo
An
  6th of Mar, 2009
try 888-615-8156 (option 2 then 1) that should get you straight through to the scheduling department.