Comments

• Ke
      1st of Jun, 2007

The 866 number should appear on your statement. I had the same problem. Turns out Experian is the company responsible, so if you've ever signed up for their free 30-day trial credit reporting service, that would be the cause for it. Of course, I canceled my trial and they still ended up charging me so if they're going to misuse my credit information it doesn't surprise me that they would do it to someone else. I called them up and told them to refund it and they still said it would take 7 - 10 business days for that to go through. It's really unsettling to know that a supposedly reputable company would try and steal from people, especially those like me who really don't have much use for their service, anyway.

• Ke
      1st of Jun, 2007

And in case, for some reason, your statement does not show the number, it's 866-541-6937. I really would rather take them to court so that they will stop this ###, but they agreed to credit my account the money they stole from me so as long as they don't do it again I'm satisfied.

• Be
      2nd of Aug, 2007
    CIC*CreditManagerLT - Unauthorized billings

On 7/30/07 I was charged for this "service" and have no idea what it was for... Any suggestions?

Benjamin

• Se
      1st of May, 2009
    CIC*CreditManagerLT - Unauthorized billings
    CIC*CreditManagerLT

I didn't authorize this company to charge my credit card. I did not go to their website and fill out forms. I had absolutely no interest in their services or anyone's services in regards to credit report monitoring. I called them (thanks to the internet I found their number since only the first four digits were on my cc statement 866-541-6937) and the lady I spoke with tried to convince me that someone took over my identity and charged $12 to my account for their services. And this supposedly identity thief neglected to make any more charges on my card. Whenever I said, I did not go to their website, I did not fill out any forms, I did not give authorization for a payment from my credit card, the lady kept saying "maybe someone stole my identity". After the fourth time of hearing this I told her, if it makes her feel better to think that's what happened good for her, but I want to know who could explain exactly how they got my information since I did not give it to them. She gave me a fax number that will cost long distance to use, and the mailing address of the "consumer relations group department" in their company. What a crock of crap. Is there a class action lawsuit against them yet? She did refund me my money and I made sure I got her name and ID# but I have no confidence as to if that was correct information or not. I am pretty upset by this. If a company would be so underhanded to use information gained from a business partner (i think i probably bought something from a company that is a third party to cic and they gave them my info) what is stopping them from making an identity theft happen for real?

30th of Nov, 2009

I just had the same unauthorized charge. Was signing up for a $6 a month credit monitoring service. I can't believe this ridiculousness. I'm spending so much time trying to keep these vultures from stealing my hard earned money.

• Ci
      14th of Dec, 2009

Kevin, thanks for the info. I didn't know how I was going to contact anyone to cancel that membership. They sure don't make it easy. I just contacted them and got it cancelled. I just have to make sure they don't continue to bill me. Thanks again.

• Ro
      23rd of Dec, 2009

These people are just unbelievable! they get there money from people who are either too lazy to do anything to get their money back or dont even realize it. I had them charge me $12 twice to my card and i cancelled my trial the second day i got it! Companies like this are unreal. I did get my money back however, If you need to do the same email these people at customerservice@creditexpert.com and complain to them about stealing your money and you will get it back. Good luck to all.

• Bj
      9th of Sep, 2013

I found a charge for 12.00 on my account. Called the number listed. I never signed up for a trial membership of any kind. I am not that stupid. When I called the company they stated they would cancel the membership and make no further charges. When the call was completed the young man stated thanks for calling Lending Tree. I never have contacted either of this places.