CIC*CEThey withdrew 29.90 from my account

1 Review updated:

I went to a site called www.Freecreditreport.com and signed up for a Free membership, this needed my credit card number but said it WOULD NOT BE BILLED, this was in September, it is now November 24th and they pulled 29.90 out of my account without Any Prior Notice or Consent! They said I didn't cancel my "FREE" membership after 7 days so I am being billed 14.95 a month, they said I did not have the funds in my account in october so that is why they pulled 29.90 in November. This is a great gig they have going here, ripping hard working people out of their money! I asked where it's stated how to cancel this "membership", and where it is stated that you will be charged. (They said it is in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS and all the complaints are from people like me that Don't Read The Terms!) So please avoid these kinds of sites you will be glad you did! I Hope This Helps Someone. They Are Not Out To Be Honest and Help People, They Are Out To Make Money!

Jo

Comments

• Ki
      Jun 26, 2007
    CIC CE Free Credit Report - Unauthorized charge

I used this web site to obtain my free credit report but not only did I not receive my credit score, I got charged $1.00 in the process, which doesn't seem like much but it still happened!

• Da
      Sep 21, 2007

I have a $12.00 deduction from my bank account from this company i did not order or authorize.

• Te
      Sep 25, 2007

I just got that as well - the company won't answer when you call their 800 nimber, so I've asked my bank to dispute the charge.

• Km
      Sep 29, 2007

I got exactly the same charge today.

• Ru
      Oct 02, 2007
    CIC*CE - Poor service!

This outfit has charged me for August and September, $12.00 for credit reports I did not order and do not want. This is scam!

• Cl
      Oct 21, 2007
    CIC*CE - Unauthorized charges on my credit card, and cannot get a hold of this company

I am still being charged for a credit report that i cannot find on my e-mail, and in addition cannot seem to get a hold of the company that is charging this "free credit report" to my credit card. The toll free number that i called is just a farce in my opinion, as i cannot seem to get connected to cancel an account that was assuredly free. The free part of this credit report seems to ask for credit card information for verification of who you are, that was my stupid mistake...

• Ta
      Oct 22, 2007
    CIC*CE - Unathorized debits

I checked my bank account one day to find out why i was not balanced and noticed a debit from this company. I looked the name up on the internet and found out it was a credit report company. I bought a house a couple months ago and thought it was the credit report company i had used. I swore the company i had used was a one time payment. I got a phone number and called this cic*ce and told them that I wanted to cancel whatever I had purchased and that I did not want them taking a payment out of my account anymore. She told me that it was no problem and My account would be canceled. she said since I had made septembers payment that I would be Paid till October. Then it would be canceled. Well I checked my account again in October and sure enough they took out another payment. I guess the only thing to do is close my bank account and open a new one. They need to be stopped. I can not affored for them to steal my money.

• Dr
      Nov 18, 2007
    CIC*CE

I, too, was charged $12.95 for a credit report I neither received nor requested. Who is this company? How do I get in touch with them?

• Lo
      Nov 18, 2007

write to [protected]@freecreditreport.com or call [protected] and tell them about this.

I sent a threatening email and they immediately canceled my "account".

When you signed up for the FreeCreditReport you were actually signing up for a membership but, naturally they don't make that readily apparent to you so many people are duped into signing themselves up.

Anyhow, good luck.
    Greg

• Su
      Dec 01, 2007
    California

I was also charged by this CIC*CE of $ 11.95 each month. When I called, they just kept saying their system is down and they can not pull up any information of mine. what a terrible thing, I want to do something about this, anyone got the same experience?

• Je
      Dec 19, 2007
    CIC*CE - Unauthorized charges!
    Phone: [protected]

I noticed charges on my account that I did not authorize and I contacted them for a full refund of the last 2 months - they would only give me one over the phone - and that was with ALOT of pressure from me. They gave me some Consumer Relations address to contact via written letter to contest the other charge, which I will do - this is a ridiculous scam and I am peeved that people can access your account without authorization!

• Bo
      Feb 22, 2008

Same happened to my debit card; $11.95 for months from CIC*CE Credit Manager... [protected] is their number... ha... good luck... I have no idea how they got into my account.

• Al
      Mar 10, 2008
    CIC*CE - unauthorized debit transaction
    freecreditreport.com
    1811 E 31st ST
    Savannah
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

I made a one time purchase of 29.95 for three credit reports. This was several months ago, I was not pleased with the service. Mainly because there was nothing free about it, and although my debts were listed the loaner's information was minimal, and I was hoping for a contact number or some way of reaching the institutions in order to make amends. Then, to make it worse, today I found a automatic withdrawl in my debit account for 14.95 from cic*ce. What is that anyway? I have not received any product or service from this alleged company. I want my money back, and I want my information out of their hands. Whoever is doing this to innocent people needs to get a job where they actually have to work for their money, and stop stealing from us.

• Bl
      Mar 31, 2008

I was charged $14.95 for a credit report that I did not authorize or receive.

• Di
      Apr 28, 2008

This company has taken unauthorized draws from my checking account. This has happened over the course of a year, but large charges more recently, il.e., 3-21-08 CIC*cecredit manager for $49.95; and 4-14-08 cic*cetriipleadvantage for $14.95. The company is located in irvine, CA. When you call, you get a person who speaks VERY poor English, and difficult to understand. He asked me what number I had dialed to get to him. When I told him, he said that he was unable to help anyone who called from that number. Next, he said that he had other calls to attend to, and needed to stop our conversation--and hung up. I will contact the appropriate charges with the BBB in California (Irvine)

• La
      May 06, 2008

free credit report not free. This is just like magazines.
    BEWARE

• Li
      May 26, 2008
    CIC*CE - unauthorized charges
    Central Falls
    Rhode Island
    ?

I have charges from them as well as us search where i nevere even contacted them for them to charge nme !!! this is absurd and outrageous They bare thiefs

• Ka
      Jun 15, 2008
    CIC*CE

This company is taking $12.00 from my checking account every month. I don't know how to stop them. Help.
    Ms. Nidek

Sep 09, 2008
    CIC*CE - FREE CREDIT REPORT
    ECPERIAN
    California

ON 9/4/2008, I USED FREE CREDIT REPORT BY EXPERIAN.AFTER THAT I HAVE BEEN RECEIVEING CHARGE ON MY MAJOR CREDIT CARD. I USED THIS COMPANY ONLY ONE TIME. I SHUOUD BE CHARGED NOTHING.

• Ro
      Oct 16, 2008

I have done the same and now I have charges on my card as well and when you call the company they say they are not connected to the site and you have to dispute the charge with the bank or your card co. this sounds like a scam and now they have my info and I have yet to see any report or access my so-called account on line!!!

• Mr
      Nov 03, 2008
    CIC*CE - Unauthorized Charge of $14.95
    Experian DBA CIC*CE

I checked my bank statement for November 2008 and noticed a debit of $14.95 from a agency called CIC*CE. I did not have a clue of what the debit was about or who it was from. I had to google the name "CIC*CE" and noticed that it was a credit serving agency.
    Upon my search I seem to notice hundreds of other complaints about this company with unathorized debits.

These complaints should be forward to the Congressmen of the United States. They are currently having on-going hearings related to the credit issues and leaking citizens private information.

• Rl
      Nov 24, 2008

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com to get you turly free report. You will be able to see you credit history, but not your credit score also known as your beacon score. You can pay to get your credit score if you like . I know this is a little late for your situation, but maybe it will help in the future.

• Li
      Dec 09, 2008
    Individual
    Kentucky

I went to a free credit report and the next morning my bank account was thrown in to overdraft because of an unauthorized transaction, I really dont appreciate this kind of action

• Ka
      Dec 28, 2008
    Arkansas

I just happened to look at my online debit account and seen that I had been charged 14.95 for a credit report that I didn't receive. And thank God for the internet. I found this website and their phone number. I called and told them about it and at first she told me that I wasn't going to get my money back on my card and I said, I had better because what do I need this for, especially monthly? It is from www.freecreditreport.com. Beware don't use them!!! I told the lady that this website I found on them was warning people about them. That they are just scamming people. She told me that I would be getting my money back on my card and my subscription was cancelled. I told her I never subscribed. I would be getting my money back in 7 to 10 days. Oh, well I just got an email from them. They've cancelled my subscription. Make sure you watch all your credit and debit card accounts.

• Ti
    Cic*ce Free Credit Report - Rip-off
    FreeCreditReport

I realized I have been billed $15.88 for the past three months for my one-time use of the "free" credit report. Looks like lots of people have been ripped off by the snakes. I will complain to Bank of America and dispute the charges after I make sure they cancel this bogus ###. Thanks for all the good advice and phone numbers.

• Co
      Feb 05, 2009

While I agree that the came of the operation is questionable, their ads to clearly state that you must sign up for their credit monitoring service to access your reports through them.
    Look, listed, and read before you sign.

Feb 05, 2009

CommonSense is right. You need to read disclosures before you agree to anything.