CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT / Unauthorized debit withdrawal!

CIC*CE Credit Report
On July 12, 2007, I called to check the balance in my account, when the balance did not match mine, I verified all my debits and credits and noticed a charge of $12.95. I called my bank and found out that there was a hold on my my account which was to clear that day from "CIC*CE Credit Report. I disputed this because I did not remember doing a request for a credit report. After research and then noticing that I had been spamming emails from **FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM**. I noticed another email from the same company. After discussing this matter with a family member, I remember my family member, did 2 months asked me if I wanted to know my credit score. I said no, he said its FREE, I said yea right, and I said ok. After that I noticed a charge of $1.00 was removed from my account, but a couple of days later was put back, I thought bank error, so it did not phase me. Now hind sight leads me to believe that the company wanted to verify the validity of the account. Once they did, they went ahead and charged my account. Mind you they stated the credit card number was for verification only. FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM IS A SCAM. PLEASE NOTE ALWAYS THAT IF IT SAYS FREE, THERE IS A CATCH!!!

N  4th of Jun, 2007 by
I was charged $12.95 on my credit card and I've never had a credit check with this company. Any suggestions smb? Plz advise!
A  13th of Jun, 2007 by
The same thing is happening to me. Have you found out how to cancel it?
N  9th of Jul, 2007 by
This company is basically freecreditreport.com. You do get the first 30 days free, but after that they will charge you a "membership fee" if you use the website again. I was told when I called that, "the membership agreement is clearly stated on the webpage when you sign up". Even if you cancel your membership, they will charge you again if you go back to the website and use the username you created previously. The phone number I called is 800-388-8725. Call and cancel, but DO NOT open links about your credit report you may receive in your e-mail or re-visit the website.
A  9th of Sep, 2007 by
I have exactly the same problem. They couldn't even give me the report in the end and they charge. The Fed's should get these guys.
A  9th of Sep, 2007 by
I'm trying to stop the charges for my credit report, no credit report at all. Please hep me stop this charged to my account. Thanks.
A  11th of Sep, 2007 by
I have faced similar instances where they have been charging my credit card for $12.95 when I just wanted free credit report.
N  13th of Sep, 2007 by
I just checked my bank account right now and called them immediately. I said that I will complain to the Dispute Department if they don't reverse the charges. She kept wanting to keep my account open and whatnot and I told her "I want my money back and I do not want anymore accruing charges on my account." Don't forget to ask for the rep's name and the confirmation #. Make sure they also send you a confirmation email of cancellation. I hope this helps. Because of this incident, I make sure to check my bank statement almost 3-4 times a day.
A  14th of Sep, 2007 by
I've had the same problem, but for $9.95 for the past few months. I called and cancelled my membership, got the rep's name and employee #--thanks for the tip. Has anyone been able to get their money back from this company?
A  15th of Sep, 2007 by
This is directly from their FAQ:

How do I cancel my membership?

If for any reason you are not satisfied, you can cancel anytime to discontinue your membership to Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring and stop the monthly billing. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of your current month's paid membership fee. To cancel, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-481-6826.
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by
My credit card has been charged 12.95 numerous time and i did not authorize this!
N  25th of Sep, 2007 by

CIC*CE Credit Report - Unauthorized billing!

They are taking money out of my bank account with out my permission and I want them to stop. I want cancel anything they are doing with my account. But I don't know how to stop them. Every month money is missing from my account its only $12.00 but money is money...
N  26th of Sep, 2007 by

CIC*CE Credit Report - Unauthorized debit from checking account!

I mark baudoin never authorized this company (cic*ce credit report) to run a credit report for myself. they debited my checking account without my permission.
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
how do we stop companies like these?
they got 12'95 from my account to!
N  30th of Sep, 2007 by

CIC*CE Credit Report - Charges for services not requested!

I am being charged $9.95 monthly by this company I have contacted them to have this stopped and no one there knows how to stop collecting money from my bank account.

This is scam!
A  1st of Oct, 2007 by
they have been charging my account for the last few months also.
A  5th of Oct, 2007 by
I cant believe someone would say free yet charge someones cards. this is the worst company i have ever delt with. HORRIBLE
A  11th of Oct, 2007 by
The number above is wrong, it will hang up on you, so here is the real number!

Contact us toll-free at 1-866-369-0423
A  13th of Oct, 2007 by
I was charged $12.95 on my credit card and I've never had a credit check with this company. Could somebody tell me what's going on here and what can I do?
A  14th of Oct, 2007 by
I experienced the same thing @ $12.95 and knew the minute I visited the site that something felt wrong. Though I had opted in (name, email address, etc.) I was careful to read everything. The instant I got to the conditions (monthly payments) I nixed the opt-in and vacated the site -- but got charged anyway.

Here comes the scary part. I have ZERO idea how they got my bank account number. That is damned SCARY.

I suggest we go far beyond just calling. I think an investigation into this bunch is warranted big time. They should be made to turn over a copy of the programming procedure they have in place, which I'm confident would show that just opting in is permission to charge, therefore making a lie of the promised "free credit report".
A  14th of Oct, 2007 by
I went to order a credit report from all three companies. They said they would not charge you unless you are able to view your report online. They would not let me access my report online, but still charged me $34.95. It's a scam.

Credit Report Logo Credit Report