CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT / Credit Report

United States Review updated:

When we used freecreditreport.com we did not read the fine print stating by getting the "free credit report" you were signing up for monthly service fee of $14.95. This is a HUGE SCAM in that you are not aware you are going to be charged this fee unless you read EVERYTHING on the front web page - which I am sure most people do not.

When I noticed the charge on my account I contacted [protected] to cancel. If you go through this process, be sure to ask for the rep's name and confirmation number. Also, insist they send written confirmation via email the account has been cancelled.

At first she would NOT refund any of the fees already charged but when I insisted on speaking to a manager she received confirmation from a manager - SO, be sure to ask for a manager!

When I asked for the previous payment to be returned she told me I would have to write to their "Escalation Department":
Consumer Relations Group, PO Box 19729, Irvine, CA 92623

Unknown
Unknown
California
Phone: (800) 388-8725

Complaint hereby lodged against CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT for unauthorized charge to my account in the amount of $14.95. The charge is "pending", however I am not allowed to "dispute" the charge, UNTIL it has physically transpired. In other words, I can only dispute The Charge when it is completed. I have NOT authorized ANY charge to this bogus company. And go on the record here today June 2, 2008, while their May EOM (End of Month) charge still sits "Pending" on my account.

Linda H, Peck.
Ch
  4th of Sep, 2008
I too am being charged by this company and never directly approved such fees.

This is another instance of charges being described ONLY in fine print; a terrible business practice that borders on theft.
Sh
  11th of Aug, 2016

CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT - Charged my account without permission
Utah

A company I was applying for a job suggested I use CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT to obtain a free credit report supposedly from Espirian. The report was extremely inaccurate and in addition I had to supply my credit card number. The amount they charged on my account was a small amount but the idea of it that they should charge anything is amazing to me. They have been dishonest and not disclosing this, possibly collecting this small amount of money from a lot of people. When I spoke with my bank they said since they did not supply them (the bank) with a telephone number that I would have to google the company name on line to find them and I found this complaint board. I asked my bank if anyone can just charge on my credit card and found they can if I give out my credit card number. Well I was lied to by this company.

Credit Report Logo Credit Report