CIC Triple Advantage.com / Unauthorized charge!

United States Review updated:
4.4
I accepted this trial for looking over a service for travel and savings for the family, I think it also had to do with free credit report as a bonus feature.
Anyhow~ I called to cancel and threw out the information about it. Well on my last months statement I was charged a $12.95 fee which is a monthly charge. I called the bank and also looked further into finding a phone number, but no as of yet is one available. I have most of the numbers but the last 4 are missing as was confirmed with my bank as well.

Beware!

Comments

Da
  14th of Jun, 2007
I knew nothing about this until I received my monthly statement. Found out that they do this when you request a free credit report. It is nothing but a total scam and they will be reported to the Attorney General in Florida and California.
Ta
  20th of Jun, 2007
I signed up for what I was lead to believe was a one time free credit report with CIC Triple Advantage in December 2005. I just realized that they have been charging my account $12.95 every month since December 2005 without my knowledge. I never requested a monthly credit report. I canceled and was reimbursed this month only, June 2007. I never authorized these monthly charges. I was never even notified that I was receiving any type of monthly credit report. This has been going on for over a year without my knowledge.
Je

CIC Tripple Advantage - Unauthorized Charges

I went online to get my husband and I credit report at freecreditreport.com and they charged me $24.95 for each. This was less than 6 months ago. Now they just charged my account again in two installments of $12.95 each. What is going on here? They said it is a yearly fee for there service and to cancel at anytime. What service? I haven't received any of there services! It is not free they are a scam!! Watch out for them.
Er
  29th of Jun, 2007
Charging me for something I don't even use or received any information on.
Ho
  29th of Jun, 2007
Today when reviewing my recent checking account activity I found a charge from CIC triple advantage for almost 13 dollars. I do not remember agreeing to any credit checks or fees. Please someone help me!!
Er
  30th of Jun, 2007
They got me also. I don't ever know who they are or how to stop the changes.
Ro
  17th of Jul, 2007
There are numerous complaints regarding this company. I did get through to the customer service department. After explaining that I didn't sign up for any membership, the operator explained it was spelled out in the offer. She canceled it for me, but I won't be getting the money back. This is a scam!!
Ma
  22nd of Jul, 2007
I went on-line for a free credit report. Now I am getting $12 charges on my credit card each month. I never ordered anything that required a monthly charge of $12. My credit card company has removed the charges but a new $12 charge has appeared on my current statement. This is fraud!!! This company is unethical. These charges must stop.
Ri
  9th of Aug, 2007
I was charged for monthly service CIC triple advantage. I did not ask for when on Freecreditreport.com the report they sent me was fake it had no credit history for every year said NOT ENOUGH INFO COLLECTED... wtf it took me 4 months to cancel this service. the same with AOL free trial. Now if it says free I don't even look at it.
Ch
  25th of Aug, 2007
For at least 3 months now, CIC Triple Advantage has been charging me $12.95 for a service I did not request, do not want, and have not received.
Je
  3rd of Sep, 2007
I did the free credit report and I have now been charged months later. I tried to get a number to cancel the charges and could not find one. I will call visa and dispute these charges.
Ef
  3rd of Sep, 2007
CIC Triple Advantage has charged 12.95 from my checking account without authorization and there are no numbers to contact them and inquire why? If you are experiencing the same problem contact your bank and start a internal investigation.
Ka
  15th of Sep, 2007
I paid $24.95 for my 'free' credit report and have now been billed $12.95 from my checking account. This monthly charge was not authorized by me and I need to find out how to stop it.

Beware people!
Re
  16th of Sep, 2007
I'm a member of CIC triple advantage and a happy customer it sounds like you got the free credit report as part of the trial membership that it says you have to cancel before 30 days to avoid chrges and maybe you accidently ordered the 3 bureau reports too thinking they were free bc it asks if you want to upgrade to all 3 but it says it will charge that $24.95 once you get to the screen to order. I guess it's one of those lessons we have to learn if someone asks for your credit card more than likely you will be charged at some point and always read the terms and conditions. I'm sorry you feel ripped off but I do know if in the future you want the reaally free credit report the place to go is annualcreditreport.com I know you get a free report from there once every 12 months.
Re
  16th of Sep, 2007
ooo by the way the number you need to call to cancel is
1-877-481-6826
Ha
  25th of Sep, 2007
I never obtained any service from this company so don't know why I am being charged $ 12.00 a month.
An
  8th of Oct, 2007
Me too! I just noticed a charge of $12.95 on my bank statement. I did a search on-line to figure out what CIC Triple Advantage was then looked back at previous statements to find that I have been charged every month for the past 7 months! I did the free report when I bought my car and unwillingly signed up for this scam! Annoying and they wont refund any of it! At no point was it ever a free credit report. This sort of thing shouldn't be legal!
Mi
  12th of Oct, 2007
The same thing is happening to me with this company. So if there is anyone out there who can help us locate this company please do so. And truly BEWARE!!!
Mi
  19th of Oct, 2007
I got the information needed to cancel this. I was able to get the number from my bank this time it's 1-877-481-6825... Good luck!
Br
  23rd of Oct, 2007
I am being charged on my checking account for $12.00 a onth when it was not authorized to do so.