CIC Triple Advantage / Free credit report scam!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I'm being charged $12.95 a month by CIC Triple Advantageirvine for credit check reports, which apparently... I inadvertently agreed to paying for after getting a 'free' credit report! I've just spent 1 hour on the phone with them, and only managed to get two months money back of the 7 months I've paid for! i now have to write to their 'Consumer Relations Group to try to recover the balance of $64.75. What do you think my chances of recouping that will be huh...

Comments

• Ju
      22nd of Jun, 2008

HOW DO YOU GET THESE CHARGES TAKEN OFF? I SIGNED UP FOR THE FREE SERVICE NOT THE CHARGES. I DO NOT GET MY CREDIT SCORE EVER!!!

Can someone tell me if they have resolved this?

My email is juliakfox1@hotmail.com

• Ne
      16th of Oct, 2008

FREE CREDIT REPORT has charged my credit card three times for $14.95 after I asked for the FREE report. I have tried to cancel the service I didn't know I had and didn't want, but haven't suceeded.

• Vi
      11th of Feb, 2009

THESE CRIMINALS NEED TO BE TRACKED DOWN AND EXECUTED!!!

• Tl
      12th of Feb, 2009

I have cancelled my membership today by calling the Customer Service number. I was charged once (still pending today), and it's $14.95 plus tax. I only had a 7-day free trial period. Regardless of their disclaimer stating that there is a membership fee of $14.95/month, it is in blue print on a blue background that blends nicely with the website. Nice disclaimer, scammers. This is not stated in the Terms and Conditions, which an operator tried to argue. I was able to cancel my "membership" and obtain a "refund", for which I am still waiting. What I did was speak to the operator, and told her how it is deceiving to have commercials and advertisements along with a website stating a free credit report. She had told me that I should have read the Terms and Conditions, which I did. She also told me that it was impossible to give me a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She agreed, and put me on hold. I was put on hold for a few minutes, and the operator had told me that the supervisors were all busy. Then, she decided to give me a refund. Now, isn't that funny? I thought she just told me that it was impossible for her to give me a refund. All of a sudden, the impossible becomes the possible.

Now, if I were speaking to a supervisor, I would have told him/her the exact same thing I told the operator. If the supervisor only agrees to refund you one month as "courtesy, " but you have been charged for several, then tell him/her that it is not satisfactory. If the supervisor refuses to refund you the full amount, then threaten to report this to the Better Business Bureau. Usually, if the supervisor is "smart, " then he/she will agree to give you a full refund. It's faster and there's less trouble giving you the full refund as opposed to dealing with the Better Business Bureau, again. I hope this advice works for some of you.