CIC - Triple Advantage / Unauthorized withdrawal

California, MD, United States Review updated:

I thought i was signing up for a free credit report and now for 3 months they have been charging my bank account almost $20.00. I do not use it and feel I should get my money back. I cannot even find a phone number or even a contact me or an e-mail. I do not have the money for it and I do not even use it. Like i said i thought i was getting my one time free credit report.

Beware!

Comments

19th of Dec, 2006
CIC is billing me monthly for a service I do not use, do not need and can't seem to stop. I will call them, write them, report them to the BBB and to the attorney general. Shame on CIC!
Sa
  28th of Dec, 2006
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been having the same problem. Call the FTC and file a complaint. They can't do much on an individual complaint; however if they keep hearing from people with the same issue they can take action.
Ch
  29th of Dec, 2006
The same bs happened to me...I got charge $12.95 for a service I have NEVER used....BOGUS!
Yo
  2nd of Jan, 2007
I never authorized a charge of 12.95 to my credit card.
Vc
  5th of Jan, 2007
Same here, I can't even call them since we are overseas, never received the pin code by mail from them to get the free credit report now I get charged for something I can't use at all RIP OFF!!!
Da
  9th of Jan, 2007
I also have noticed 2 unauthorized charges on my credit card from this company. How do they get this billing information? I will fight to the death, they WILL refund my money!
El
  11th of Jan, 2007
They have been deducting 12.95 from my acct for months, wont listen wont stop, I have called the attorney General since we never authorized this deduction.
Me
  11th of Jan, 2007
This is all because of freecreditreport.com The "free" credit report is good for 30-days, and after that point, you're charged $12.95 per month for it. This for me has been going on for 3 months now. I'm in the process of disputing it with my Visa card company as well as with CIC. They are actually located not too far from where I'm living. I'm tempted to show up at their doors with all the complaints! I'm trying to get out of this too. Nice to know I'm not alone!
Re
  16th of Jan, 2007
Last month I went to freecreditreport.com and I received my credit report. Now there is a charge of $12.95 from cic triple advantage in my credit card. I would like to know why I have been charged for free credit report. Somebody, please send me an e-mail and let me know the reason or put my money back into my credit card. Thank you.
Ra
  18th of Jan, 2007
Notified this company 3 times to cancel my subscription to this company and they continue to bill my amer ex card monthly 12.00!
  25th of Jan, 2007
If you don't have the number to call and cancel the service its 877-481-6825.
Da
  25th of Jan, 2007
I am so sick of this company continuing to take money from my checking account for something I did not order and had not received anything from. This is extremely frustrating and costly and has been going on for months now. What can I do to finally get this stopped? Please Advise!!!
Jo
  27th of Jan, 2007
I just looked at my credit card charges and was charged 12.95 for a service I did not request or want. I want this charge stopped and refunded. How do I do it? Please help!

Joan Craig
Ma
  27th of Jan, 2007
Same here. I got to stop this.
Na
  30th of Jan, 2007
I just called this number 1-877-481-6825 to cancel something I didn't even request. I will check the beginning of the month to make sure that I don't get charges again. I encourage you all to call the number and cancel regardless if you requested the information.
De
  30th of Jan, 2007
I just discovered this morning that I have been charged 12.95 for the last three months for a service I never requested or wanted. I just called to cancel but since they don't give confirmation numbers that this actually happened, I am very skeptical. I guess I have to wait a month and see if it shows up again. My credit card said they can't do anything to stop it. Argh!
Ti
  31st of Jan, 2007
Someone need to stop them, CIC is worse than robbers! People work hard for their money and awful people like CIC just taking all of them alway monthly, sad.
  1st of Feb, 2007
The previous 14 people said it all! I have been fighting this for 2 months now and have not gotten anywhere.....card company says they can't do anything. Will try the phone number furnished in one of the post but am not optimistic about the results.
  5th of Feb, 2007
I agree with all the email. I am being charged by this company and I did not ask for this service or sign and agreement to this. What can I do to stop this transaction.
  5th of Feb, 2007
I have the same problem with CIC Triple Advanta charging me every month for something I did nit ask for. Bottom Line what can I do to stop this?

Free Credit Report Logo Free Credit Report