Cic* Triple Advantage / 877 - 4816825 - CA / Unauthorized billing!

This company charged to my credit card $25.90 for services I never received nor asked for. This scam! Beware!

Comments

• Ga
      18th of Jul, 2007

Same here... funny how if you google it there are page of people being ripped off by them.

10th of Aug, 2007

Wow... I was charged by them too... I have no idea what it is for. $12.95. I am a little ticked off currently.

• St
      20th of Aug, 2007

I just found a charge for $12.95 from them too. I have no idea what it is for and I obviously haven't gotten anything for my money. I'm wondering how long I've been getting charged... I have a bad habit of not checking charges made. I am outraged so I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow and complain though I have a bad feeling it won't be easy... these things never are.

• Mo
      20th of Aug, 2007

ME TOO! i was out of a town for a week, but as a college kid, i recognize odd charges on my card. I am calling my bank to dispute it.

• Su
      1st of Oct, 2007

I am pist off. I was charge 12.95 five time without even knowing until a year later when I looked at my year end transactions for other purposes. I have no idea what it was for either. I mean 12.95 a month, and twice in one month. I cant believe how I didnt even notice it. Shoo...

• St
      3rd of Oct, 2007

How did you get the company to stop charging your card?

• Li
      4th of Oct, 2007

I noticed I was getting charged as well, so I called the number on their website: 877-481-6826 to call to cancel and figure out what was going on. It turns out that the fine print in the terms and conditions states that you can get your credit report for free for 30 days, but if you do not call the number above to cancel within 30 days, they will start charging your credit card so that you can continue to receive alerts.

You do need to provide your credit card number, name, and mother's maiden name to the representative, but it was relatively painless.

• Pa
      15th of Oct, 2007

I'll just add myself to the list of people who've been ripped off by this scam. It's just simply pathetic that a credit scoring agency would pull some BS like this. Luckily I noticed the very first charge.

• Br
      19th of Nov, 2007

I got ripped off by these guys too. That's so stupid that they do that just for alerts. Even if you don't get any alerts. These guys have done this to me twice and just put me overdrew my account so now I have over charge fees.

• Co
      13th of Dec, 2007

They got me, too! for $14.95! And I thought I was looking at the site very closely when I ran the credit report. I just happened to check my bank account today and found that it was charged . . today, and didn't know what the charge was until I looked up the comapny on the 'net', and saw the complaints. When I called the 877 number and was on hold, I pulled the site back up and saw very clearly on the left side bar about the $14.95 monthly charge if it was not cancelled, but I don't remember seeing it like that when I ran my "free" credit report. I asked for a refund since it was the same day my card was charged, but was very politely told that they had a 'no refund policy', but my account will be active until Jan. whatever. I had them cancel the account and I did receive a confirmation email, then called them back and asked to verify that it was cancelled. I guess I'd better warn a couple of friends that I recommended this rip-off site to.

• Mi
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I have sent several Emails to these people and I get no responce. I have told them to stop taking money from my card. I do not want their service. It is free once a year from the credit bureau.

• Na
      11th of Jan, 2008

I called (877-481-6826 ) and they were VERY friendly and accomodating in cancelling my 'membership'.

• Ev
      11th of Jan, 2008

This Company is such a scam!! They won't give you an address to send written notification to and they won't give you a confirmation number when you cancel so the next month they can say you never called to cancel. MY suggestion is change your credit card number!! Wish I had eariler.

• Lo
      13th of Jan, 2008

I RECIVED MY STATEMENT FROM MY BANK AND SAW WHERE THIS SO CALLED COMPANY WAS TAKING FROM MY DISABILITY CHECK SINCE 10/09/07 IT'S NOW 01/13/08. I ASK THEM WHO GAVE THEM THE AUTHORIZION TO DO THIS TO ME. A SUPERVISOR SAID HER NAME WAS DORTHA MADE UP SOME SENCELESS STORY. I ASK FOR MY MONEY TO BE REFUNDED AND TO STOP THE WITHDRAWING OF MY CARD, SHE STATED SHE WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK UNTILL I GAVE HER A CONFIRMATION NUMBER, SHE SAID SHE WOULD GIVE ME A CONFIRMATION NUMBER BYWAY OF E-MAIL HAVENT SEEN IT YET. THIS SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW IT'S MOST DEFINATILLY FRAUD. PLEASE ! WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS SCAM DO STOP IT ASAP.

31st of Jan, 2008

It IS funny how you google the charge and find everyone else with the same complaint! LOL Yeah, so... mine was $12.00 though and it came from the "freecreditreport.com" button that came with the software "Quicken". Funny thing is that I don't remember signing up for a month trial though. I was under the impression that it was free and I could check whenever I wanted... A friend told me that I should call and cancel, but I didn't believe him... :( (I perish for my lack of knowledge, and I didn't take heed to the WARNINGS and the SIGNS!) It is a bunch of cr*p and I do agree.

• Sh
      6th of Feb, 2008

The very same thing happened to me. good thing i look over my credit card statements daily. i was charged 14.95 for a "FREE credit report". that really pissed me off.

21st of Feb, 2008

I was also charged by (CIC*TRIPLE ADVANTAGE 877-4816825 CA) I actually only caught this bill because I only had a few bucks left in my checking account. I received a letter in the mail, from my bank, stating that I had an O/D fee of $30.00 for a purchase of $12.95.. I did some research on my bank statements and found 6 months worth of charges.. 6 months being, that's as far back as I could go on my online statement. I know that I visited FreeCreditReport.com around June and tried to sign-up for a credit report that I needed because I was trying to get a new laptop. I'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully get everything refunded, including my O/D fee from the bank. I never dreamed of being charged this amount of money for a "FREE" service that I never even benefited from... I had NO credit at the time of the report (only 20yrs old) ..FreeCreditReport gave me BAD credit if anything. I'll be smarter from now on and actually check my bank statements and try to keep a better log of what $$ that I spend online and offline.

• Ka
      21st of Feb, 2008

Same thing here...
    I assumed at first that I was being doubled charged (didn't look at the fine details of the statement) for my Equifax account. Instead, it's this FCR fraud scam charging me for a services I used once to view information on an invalid collection account based on a medical bill I paid when I got the first statement from them. It was the only site that wasn't vauge about the collection agency, and I was obviously scared since I have never missed a payment or have ever been late on one. It was to the understanding of the website that e-mail updates were a courtesy.

Not only will I call up my credit card carrier and dispute all charges from this company, but I really hope that calling them later will get my refund back. If not, I'm sure they will love to hear from my attorney.

I'm a 22 year old student who doesn't appreciate excess expenses.

A "Free" credit report should be just that; "free".

26th of Feb, 2008

triple Advantage is a rip off the accessed my account even though the my card was expired. I never rvrn heard of this company before

• Yv
      6th of Mar, 2008

I noticed a charge for $21.90 on my account and after speaking to my bank they gave me a phone number to Robbins Triple Advantage CIC with a phone number (605) 923-9918. I have called and left several messages without getting any response. I do not know who they are and i did not authorize this charge. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.

Thank you.