CIC Credit Report / Unauthorized charge

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I was lead to believe you can actually get a free credit report unbeknownst to me that isn't true, I should of realized after they ask for a credit card number that its not going to be charged its just they need it, ok I do it and now I find a $14.95 charge that says CIC*CREDIT so I call my bank to find out who and what that charge went to and they inform me its a credit company and they supply with the number to call, well I called because I wanted to see what it was for be I stop payment, here's the where it gets good CIC keeps giving me the run around they can't find any open accounts under my name or SS# and they keep informing me their services are free and there is no charge for their services. So I call them again this week thinking maybe the credit card number would help even though I'm a bit weary about giving that out again... Well low and be hold they find an account now, But now only after the charges cleared from my account and they now have my $14.95, Now for the punch line THEY TOLD ME THEY DO NOT REFUND MONEY... Hmmm now isn't that a bit odd, everyone else can refund money for Unsatisfactory Service But THEY DON'T, So people be cautious when anything says FREE and then ask for a credit card...

Comments

• Ta
      5th of Sep, 2006
    CIC Credit Report - Unauthorized charges!

My name is Tara and I have been having a problem with CIC Credit Report. I thought I was getting a "free" credit report yet they charged me $12 for CIC Triple Advantage. Then $1 each for AP9*Today SESCA and also AP9*24PROTECTP. Then I was charged by CIC Triple Advantage for another $12 and it just keeps going. How can I stop this?

Advise smb plz!

20th of Sep, 2006

I purchased nokia 7610 in november 2005. During july2006, it started giving problems, its selection key was not working. It is in warranty period till november 2006. I had given it to nokia care, dist center, janak puri on august 04 2006. My jobsheet number is 1400085853. On my jobsheet they have printed the expected return date 07.aug 2006. But Verbally they told me to collect it after 10 days i.e. on 14 aug. as it needs to be sent to head office, nokia. On 14 aug i contacted them , they said my handset will be replaced. and it will take another week. From that day they are extending the delievery date on weekly basis. Today is 20 september, i m fed up contacting them again n again.

• De
      16th of Mar, 2007
    CIC Credit Reports - Unauthorized charges

This is definitely an online scam. They offer you a free credit report and yet charge your card $12+ monthly. I called to try to get a refund and some person I could not understand stated that it was free for 30dys but there after there is a fee. DO NOT GET RAPED BY THIS COMPANY. I plan on reporting them to the BBB and writing a letter to THEIR grievance address. This company is a CROCK!

• Tl
      15th of Sep, 2007

having same problem, how do this get resovled?

• Ri
      21st of Sep, 2007
    CIC Credit Reports - Unauthorized charges

Back In Feb. I entered our information for the 3 free credit reports. Since 2/21 /07 I have had a monthly charge on our credit card for $12.95. I have called every month when the bill comes to tell them to remove the charge. Today, another charge from them was on the credit card that we canceled. I called them again today and told them to stop the charging and credit me with at least this last charge. I don't know what to do. I don't have a street, city address for them to send a letter from our son who is an attorney. I have also called the BBB. I don't know what else to do. What a rip off- that is why I never order anything on the internet!!!

Any ideas as to how I can stop this???

25th of Sep, 2007

This is rediculous, I signed onto my account today to see a 34.95 fee from CIC CE credit report, what the hell... people trying to steal the little bit of money that I do have...

• Ka
      23rd of Oct, 2007
    CIC Credit Reports - Unauthorized charges

Have not received any credit reports and mu checking account is being drafted 13.95 per month. Please stop drafts.

• Da
      7th of Dec, 2007
    CIC Credit Report - Fraud charges

I contacted this company last month, asking them to cancel this account, but I noticed that I've been charged $12.95 again, and I'm really upset about this. Does anyone have any contact information for this company b/c I want to make sure I don't get anymore of these charges.

• Pa
      4th of Feb, 2008
    Cic Credit Reporting - Unable to unsubscribe!
    Cic Credit Reporting
    Providence
    Pennsylvania

I would like to unsubscribe to this CIC Credit Reporting Agency which sends regular information to my email account at my Yahoo email address. Charges are periodically deducted from my checking account. Beware all!

• Eb
      16th of Mar, 2008

This has happened to me also. I need some contact info as well. I am going to call my bank and stop this payment.

• Ke
      6th of Apr, 2008

My bank card was charged when it was not supposed to be charged for a credit report i want my money back on my bank card

• Fr
      7th of Apr, 2008

They also quit my money from this March $ 30. I will stop this payment.

7th of Apr, 2008

I was charge without notification for a service i do not use. I applied for a FREE credit report and only receive it from one of the credit trackers. I didn't need anything further!

• Ge
    California
    Phone: 1800 388 8725
    www.creditreportbuddy.net/cic-ce-credit-report.html

They ripped me off they got my cc # and started charging me I haven't even been to the site or even tried to use there services!

• To
      21st of Apr, 2008

Requested my free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com. This put me through to Experian's website, www.freecreditreport.com. However, I recently received a charge of $14.95 by CIC CREDIT REPORT, which, with some simple searching online, I discovered was Experian. This charge was NOT authorized by me, and as soon as the charge officially posts to my acct (it is currently PENDING) I will be disputing it and filing a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General's Office, The Better Business Bureau, and which ever federal agency oversees these kinds of frauds (i'm assuming either the FTC or SEC).

• Sh
      7th of Aug, 2008
    CIC Credit Report - Charged me

I was chrged $14.95 for something that I didn't even authorize to do. I want my money back. $14.95 may not seem alot to some people but when you are a family just moving with a very small child and limited funds; it's alot. I needed to get some pull-ups for my son and I can't now because my account has been overdrawn.

• Mo
      7th of Aug, 2008

I understand where you're coming from! Diapers and pullups are so expensive today. Can u remember whether or not u signed up for something on the internet or bought something? That's how a lot of consumers are being jipped. They sign up or buy something they want and the company they buy from have made deals with other companies to get them business as well; alot of consumers are not aware of this. If this is a checking or savings account, contact your bank immediately and let them know. I don't know if they can refund your money, but they can definitely stop them from taking your money again. This company will definitely be getting this money every month if u don't stop them. God bless and good luck!

• Ji
      8th of Aug, 2008
    CIC Credit Report - Non-authorized billing of credit card
    CIC Free Credit Report
    P.O. Box 19729
    Irvine
    California
    freecreditreport.com

This company does not keep records of cancellation after the supposedly "free credit report" and then bills your credit card each month (which they stated was for security to make sure you are you) and then they continue to charge after two telephone calls to cancel at 800-388-8729. Leaving one to have to dispute thru their credit card company to recover the money they stole.

20th of Aug, 2008
    Massachusetts

I was offered a free credit report and I found I was charged 12.95 without my authorization. I am trying to cancel so that I don't get charged next month and there is no where to get in touch with them. No phone number, no email address etc.

• St
      4th of Sep, 2008
    England, West Sussex
    United Kingdom

Just writing to ask for what reason my bank account has been charged over £22 a month since May of this year. I have no idea who you are or why this money has been taken out of my account. It is possible that my card has been cloned or similar. I have been in contact with my band and they are informing their fraud department of this matter.