CIC Credit Monitoring / CIC Credit Monitoring Service Experian consumer fraud!

I applied for a "free" credit report and was able to recieve it. However, my original attempt at cancelling it was futile. I was charged several months in a row. I've called again and this time I received e-mail confirmation that it had been cancelled. As a "courtesy" I will receive 1 months fee back ($12.00).

This CIC Credit Monitoring is associated with both Lending Tree and Experian.

The number I used to cancel this mess was [protected]. It's taken me a couple of hours this morning to tend to this. I was given several numbers to call first.

This all starts with consumerinfo.com Naturally, that doesn't match the name on you bill.

Good luck for everyone else. My bigger concern is that Experian condones this type of consumer fraud. And we depend on them to keep an honest record of our credit? Unbelievable. Where is their accountability?

Scot

Service details:

CIC Credit monitoring service
Experian
Lending Tree

Sc

Comments

• Bo
      8th of Sep, 2006

I got a free credit report months back and $9.95 has been taken out of my bank account ever since. I don't know how to get this stopped. It is listed on my bank statement has CIC CREDIT MONITOR funwdl trm# 9120 800-4wv. I would love to get this stopped. Can you help?

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2006

Hi, I recently started having those CIC credit monitoring report charges on my account.

I then googled the name and found tons of reports on your site regarding them.

after reading a few of your comlaints, I noted people trying to contact them directly and having failed success.

I have recently just taken care of the problem and had the charges stopped by contacting the original company, in my case Equifax. It's through their credit monitoring service that the monthly fee of $9.95 was charged via CIC.

I called equifax's customer service #, followed the prompts to CANCEL, and then spoke in length with CSR Jeane. Once cancelled and obtaining my confirmation number, I specifically asked Jeane if this could stop the 9.95 charges from CIC being taken from my account. She assured me that this would.

If I get charged again I will return and place a complaint for others to view, however at this time, I thought you might advise your members in some fashion to refer back to the company they originally accessed. (ie www.truecreditreport.com; www.equifax.com; www.freecreditreport.com and most likely the other two credit agencies) as it appears to be through these sites, and signing up for the trial credit monitoring that CIC is then involved. (which as I've looked in the Terms and Agreements, if read, clearly state all charges - I guess some people just don't read things thoroughly)

Anyway, I thought this might help some people out as it was fairly easy once I contacted the place that started it all.

Take care and thanks for having such a great place to vent and post problems for people.

6th of Sep, 2007
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Unauthorized charges!

On 8/16/07, $79.95 was withdrawn from my debit card account. I have no dealings with them, and when I called their number - 1-800 220-2626, I was told they had no record of any transaction. Their name and number were taken directly from my statement.

Beware!

• Re
      30th of Oct, 2007

THE COMPANY FREE CREDIT REPORT .COM HAS BEEN STEALING MONEY FROM MY DEBIT ACCOUNT FOR 9 MONTHS. I HAVE CANCELED WITH THE 7 TIMES THEY DON'T CARE.THEY TOLD ME TO GO TO THE POLICE I DESPISE THE HORRIBLE PEOPLE E THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES,THEY ALSO USE DIFFERENT NAMES BE CAREFUL DON'T GIVE THEM ACCESS THEY WILL NOT STOP TAKING. I HAD TO CLOSE MY BANK ACCOUNT.

• Mh
      29th of Apr, 2008

I am one of the victims of the CIC Credit Monitoring, it has been a nightmare to get this issue resolved. Going to this website has been a hugh help. It is frightening to know that I was not the only victim. I was advised by a very nice young woman with Equifax to dispute this issue with my bank. Eqifax had nothing to do with my charge, but I appreciate the young womn assitance, I am very pissed off with Experian. Low down dirty dogs.