CIC Credit Monitoring / Unauthorized access to bank account for credit reports

Please find below the certified letter I sent to CIC Credit Monitoring who is also Experian and have those niffty comercials freecreditreport.com. They only supply a fax number and a P.O. Box number for Consumer Relations which is where you are directed if you have a dispute. They have not responed and are still taking out money from my account, and have been doing so for over a year.

February 10, 2009

Attn: Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 19729
Ervine, CA [protected]
Re: Incident # [protected]
Incident # [protected]

CIC Credit Monitoring,

Please find enclosed copies of my bank statements from 2/13/08 – 1/13/09. I have highlighted the debit amounts of the monies that you have deducted and the overdrafts that have resulted because of your unauthorized access to my account. Again you state that you cannot find anything that shows any debits in the amount of $9.95. The total of this debit of $9.95 for 12 months is $119.40 (I haven’t included a copy of the bank statement ending February 13th as I have not received the statement yet, but my bank states that the amount of $9.95 was extracted on 1/30/09). Also the overdrafts have a total of $78.00 plus a $10.00 cont. overdraft for a total of $88.00. This brings the total due me at $207.40. I have also included my letter of 8/28/08 to you regarding this situation, which I might add had no response from you. I have also included a copy of my driver’s license so that you can confirm that I do exist. Again I have sent a copy of this letter to the FTC, FCC, and Consumer Fraud. I expect a speedy refund and expect you to no longer access my account.

Ur

Comments

• Sh
      31st of May, 2007
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Unauthorized charge!

This company has been taking $9.95 out of my checking acct w/o my knowledge. Then at the same time MNI Credit Report took out $9.95 2 times on the same date May 12, 2007. Whats up with this? I thought I was getting a free credit report!

Sharon Parks.

18th of Jul, 2007
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Unauthorized charge!

Before the trial credit report period, my bank account was charged for this free service. I will contact them but wonder if that will clear up the situation.

• Ka
      13th of Aug, 2007
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Unauthorized charge!

CIC credit monitoring has taken money from the bank account for the past few months. I haven't received any service from them. I just called to cancel my account but they said there was a problem with my account.

Beware!

11th of Oct, 2007

I went on line to get a free credit report so I could rent an apartment... (they required one) I got the report and got the apartment
    I continually get charges on my credit card... which I have not authorized. Want to contact them to have them stop charging the card, however, they do not provide a number to contact them... I did not ever authorize permission to charge my account.. and I no longer wish to get a credit report.

30th of Nov, 2007

I canceled the membership, but could not remember who I spoke to at the time. because I did not receive a e-mail, the funds will not be restored. Our government should file theft by deceptions case this company.

• Ju
      3rd of Dec, 2007

• De
      13th of Dec, 2007

I signed up for true credit , a 1 time fee of $14.95. i have been constantly charged over and over again.

Then charges accurd with the CIC CREDIT MONITORING COMP. of $9.95 , I expect a full refund since the month of may.

Denise.

• Mi
      5th of Feb, 2008
    CIC Credit Monitoring

Since I signed up for a FREE CREDIT REPORT, I never received anything that has given me a credit score. I have since then been occurring charges for something that is useless at this point. My account her on GUAM, USA has been debited for several months in the amount of $9.95. This is really ridiculous and an inconvenience.

• El
      26th of Mar, 2008
    California

CIC Credit Monitoring has been taking money out of my account after canceling, they took about $527.35 for over 2 years for both me and my husband. What can I do to get that money back... Plz advise smb!

• Ci
      10th of May, 2008
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Unauthorized charges
    Uruguay

I went online to get a free annual credit report and the following month I noticed CIC credit monitoring was taking money out of my account. i did not authorize this charge and I dont even think it was a full month before my account was drafted for this charge. I have not been able to contact the company--please help.

Cindy :-)

22nd of May, 2008

I have been fighting with CIC credit monitoring also. They claim that the have not charged me since January 2008. Well this is may 2008 and I still am being charged. I am thinking about closing my account and opening one somewhere else.

17th of Jun, 2008

you all are debiting my bank account twice, and i would like for it to stop. cancel all accounts that is debiting my bank account as soon as possible.

• Hi
      25th of Jul, 2008
    CIC Credit Monitoring - Taking Monies

For 10 months my account has been being debited $9.95 a month. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact this company and am very desperate to get my monies back and get this company screwed. I have never given anyone my information to do this and I am extremely angry. If there is anyone that can help me get some information, please do so.

Thanks

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2008

Report to the BBB. I had a refund after one week.
    Isn't this illegal?? How are they still getting away with this?

• Sc
      29th of Sep, 2008
    California

Advertized free credit report but apparently in the fine print you had to cancel within 30 days otherwise you are automatically charged $11.95 a month.

• Th
      20th of Oct, 2008
    cic credit monitoring
    103 halstead ave
    Wallington
    New Jersey
    Phone: 9734716119

this was supposed to be free when i tried to cancel it theres no number to call and their still charging my bank account i have nw notified my bank about this

• La
      13th of Nov, 2008

Please stop taking money out my account

• Bo
      30th of Nov, 2008
    cic credit monitoring
    Georgia

billed with out my athorixation, this is what is wrong with this cuntry.no regulations on these predetory companys that take our money for doing nothing but being pety theaves.

• Ka
      22nd of Jan, 2009

This company started making unauthorized double-charges for a credit monitoring system. For me it is $23.90 per month. (11.95 per service.) I have no idea who this company is and how they were able to obtain my credit card number. I have a phone number, but it is difficult to get through to them on the phone. They want a lot of personal information over the phone which I will not give them. My credit card advised me not to give them any more information. My credit card is disputing the charges. CIC will hang up on you on the phone, when you question who they are and how they obtained information. They will not allow you to cancel over the phone. It is very frustrating, because I feel like there is little I can do to stop this fraud. I heard that this can start from requesting a free credit report, but that is not the case with me. I did not request anything when these charges started. Beware! Check your credit card statements!

• Ed
      17th of Jun, 2009

I never inquired to no product from cic credit and when I did recent account activity to my checking account, I found that they were taking $24.95 out of my bank. I'm not even sure as to what their services are.