CIC CE Credit Report / Charging $12.95 a month out of checking account

They have charged $12.95 a month out of my checking account for the past two months. I DON'T WANT A CREDIT REPORT SERVICE! Just looked into free credit report to see what was entailed, and all of the sudden they are taking out money every month. Don't need it..don't want it. How do we get rid of them??

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Al
      8th of Aug, 2016

If you want your money back you need to call them and tell them about the situation. Of course you must remember that you will be talking to an idiot. I told the girl that I was wondering why I was charged for services I did not receive. I said I had got no email, phone call, or posted mail informing me of expiration, access or billing. Call this number

1-(800)388-8725. Save your self and get your money back. Make sure to tell all your friend s and family.

Hope this helps!!

• Ky
      8th of Aug, 2016

I feel there should be a class action suit against this company to get the money back. I wish I knew where to actually start when filing a class action suit against a company.

• Co
      8th of Aug, 2016

They keep taking $11.95 a month out of my bank account and I still have not seen any credit report, nor did I authorize them to keep taking money out of my account every month. I want this to stop immediately

8th of Aug, 2016
    CE Credit Report - Unauthorized debit from my bank account!

I noticed that everyone had the same complaint as I did, but has anyone found out how to put a stop to the charges? Plz advise smb!

• Ke
      8th of Aug, 2016

I feel that companies like that should be tried and convicted and subjected to prison time and required to make restitution to all those they frauded out of their hard earn money.

8th of Aug, 2016
    CIC*Triple Advantage 877-481-682 - Illegal billing of my credit card!

This company has been billing me since Feb. for services I didn't want. The phone# on my credit card shows up exactly as above (877-481-682) with 1 digit conveniently missing so I couldn't contact them. I think this company is ripping me and other people off.

• Ed
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Triple Advantage Credit Report (CICI Credit Reporting) - This is the worst!

In an effort to clean up her credit my daughter signed up with Triple Advantage to get free credit reports. She did not register for any extra benefits and should but since that time has been getting monthly charges on her debit card. She has twice called the company to request that they stop charging her, they have agreed to do so each time, but continue to charge her account each month. This is the worst! Totally unfair to take advantage of people who are attempting to use their services to get their finances in order!

• Cl
      8th of Aug, 2016
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized debit from my bank account!

I tried this credit reporting agency, which stated that the service was free for 30 days, the company was notified 10 days prior to expiration was trial period. I was Debited $12.95 from my checking account with no approval by me, what plan of action is there for me to get my money back, this theft that this company has committed. Advise smb!

• Ci
      8th of Aug, 2016

This company charged my credit card without permission to do so. It really amazes me that they charged my card $80.00 total.

8th of Aug, 2016

Totally agree. I just had my card replaced and already I just got online and it's only a $1.00, but of course that is too check that you have a valid account. But Thank got bank declined it, they didn't have the right experiation date. Other wise who knows, but I am still tracking.

• Je
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized credit card charge
    CIC CE Credit Report

I just noticed an unauthorized charge of $14.95 to my card and called the bank to reverse it. I see that many others have had this occur, but unlike some, I never signed up for a service or gave them my credit card number. I am somewhat disturbed by this, as I am unaware as to how they got my credit card info in the first place.

My wife had something similar happen with another company just within the last two weeks. I hope the economy hasn't kicked off a rash of bogus charges by unscrupuous companies on the unsuspecting public with the hopes that most won't notice. I will be checking my account daily from here on out.

20th of Jan, 2011

They did the same thing to me and I was charged 14.95 when I signed up for a free 7 day trial on annualcreditreport.com. Then, when I called in the lady said my account went past the 7 days even though I just did it the same day. Then she said she cancelled. When I checked my account and saw the charge I called again and the lady argued with me and told me that my account never even went through and then continued to argue and say that only a 1.00 charge was on my account to verify it, I told her that she was wrong and that my account was charged the 14.95 and she said I had to wait 3-5 business days and then if it goes through call again blah blah. She was rude. We are an Army family and this is how we get treated? I am so- angry. I am going to call the 1 800 number Mitch provided which is the same number that was on my account, but I will also be filing a dispute so that they never go through my account again!

• Id
      10th of Jan, 2011

My credit card was charged by CIC CE Credit report with 43 euro, as a result of multiple charges in a day.

I never heard of this company and I never gave any of my data to this company. My bank blocked my card as a result of this fraud attempt.

I am not sure how this fraud happened, I am really careful with my credit card data. According to the comments I see here, this company is mostly targeting US accounts. I live in the Netherlands and I traveled to US last March and after that I have only made a transaction through credit card recently with a famous company in the US. I was really displeased with that transaction, but I will look this further before posting the company name, since I am not sure they are responsible for the disclosure of my data.

It's so surprising that this CIC CE Credit is been active since 2007 at least! How are they allowed to continue doing this?

16th of Nov, 2010

I had the same exact experience as the previous complaint described. After finding an UNAUTHORIZED charge to my checking account I found out that it was from Freecreditreport.com after apparently not canceling service that was deceivingly slid into a $1 check your credit score offer I had paid for a little over a week before. I am now in the process of posting to everyone I know and anywhere on the Internet I can find about this experience since apparently even my bank now will not reverse the charges. This will be the toughest $19.95 they ever stole from anyone because I know how much bad press I can stir up... Too bad they had have to steal to stay in business but this victim is NOT rolling over for it.

13th of Sep, 2009

I am sueing them with my lawyer on monday. I called twice and spoke to two supervisors who told me it would be canceled. I got a letter saying they increased the charge due to cost of service. No cancelation letter. They are thieves!

• Di
      24th of Aug, 2009
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months
    cic ce credit
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I never puchase any product from this compay or not authorise on internet.
    so i dont know why they charge me $24.95 .
    please let me explain that how can i get credit back.

Regards,

• Ti
      17th of Jun, 2009

I tried to call the number and cancel, and i was informed they couldn't because there system is down. She said the rain is causing it! Give me a break.

16th of Jun, 2009

If this isn't illegal, IT SHOULD BE.

We did the 'FREE' credit report also. In order to actually get the report, you are forced to select an option, which apparently signs you up for this service. Whether you want it or not, you have no choice, in order to access your 'FREE' credit report.

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE. Guess the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" applies to this also.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to cancel this service. Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to try cancel this ripoff. There is no answer at that number at night.

• Sl
      13th of May, 2009

If you are a Countrywide customer, it could be because you accepted a free offer from them because your loan information was compromised and freecreditreport.com did not process it properly.

• Sl
      13th of May, 2009

A couple of things:

1. I'm so glad to see this public forum with both helpful information AND validation.

2. Thank you very much to the person who posted the phone number. I used it and it was helpful.

3. I too was perplexed by the source of the charges, but have now figured it out and now that I have...I AM FURIOUS.

4. I think this is related to a Countrywide incident that occurred in September of 2008.

5. I was part of a large group of people who had a Countrywide home loan that was compromised by a fraudulent Countrywide employee. We all received notifications that our personal information had been accessible by an employee who turned out to be conducting criminal activities. Countrywide notified us of the risk and offered a free one year subscription to a credit reporting agency as a way of offering some level of protection and compensation for our troubles. We were given a website and a promo code. Literally thousands of us must have logged on about the same time, which may have caused some trouble for freecreditreport.com's website. I do know that I had to try to get in 3 times and that while I did follow the directions in the Countrywide letter, and I did use the promo code, it was very difficult to accomplish. I remember being suspicious and frustrated at the time. Now Melissa at freecreditreport.com (877-481-6826) tells me that she has no record of my having used the Countrywide promo code, that I am signed up as a regular member and that freecreditreport.com considers their $12.95 monthly charges to me to be legitimate and nonrefundable. She has cancelled my account as of today and has given me an address where I can send my letter from Countrywide to prove it was supposed to be a free gift account to me so I can ATTEMPT to be refunded.

6. I cannot BELIEVE the vicious irony of being associated with this company BECAUSE my identity and finances had ALREADY been compromised. It's Murphy's Law on steroids with artillery.

7. I am HUGELY suspicious of this company (freecreditreport.com) not only because of how flakey the original login process was, but also because of the sheer numbers of us who seem to be in the same predicament. A handful of people is user error, websites FULL of people is company malfeasance.

8. I can't help but wonder if Countrywide (B0fA) knows what happened to their gift.

9. I could go on, and I'm sure you can detect that in this post, but my point has been made and I'd better go before my rant rambles on further. ;) Let me just say that many of you may be Countrywide customers too and I wish you well with your attempts to rectify this. Thanks for your help in my efforts. Take care.