CIC CE Credit Report / Charging $12.95 a month out of checking account

United States Review updated:
4.5
They have charged $12.95 a month out of my checking account for the past two months. I DON'T WANT A CREDIT REPORT SERVICE! Just looked into free credit report to see what was entailed, and all of the sudden they are taking out money every month. Don't need it..don't want it. How do we get rid of them??

Comments

Pa
  19th of Mar, 2007

CIC Triple Advantage / FreeCreditReport.com - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

This company automatically enrolls you in their "credit monitoring service" when you request a credit report through "freecreditreport.com". Unfortunately, the paragraph notifying you of this is in blue text over a blue background. After thirty days of enrollment (during which time they do not contact you) the company begins billing $12.95 on the 18th of each month.
Tr
  19th of Mar, 2007
I am a single mom and CIC Triple Advantage taking money out of my account that i could be feeding my kids with. Can i get this to stop? Please.
Da
  14th of Apr, 2007

CIC Triple Advantage, CA - Unauthorized membership/service fee

I have never had any deal with the CIC Triple Advantage, but they charge membership/service fee from my Capital One credit card which I never authorized or signed any membership agreement . I called twice to dispute that charges, cancelled everything, and asked them to inform me. My last contact with CIC Triple Advantage was 4/14/2007, and their representative RAZ told me call back again next day, or Monday, because their computer system is out of order and he cannot help me. That kind of attitude has nothing with normal service and looks like a fraud.

Please, help me to stop this imposed service.

David Levitin
Ca
  11th of May, 2007

Triple Advantage / (Services and Merchandise) - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

I did not order this nor do I even know what it is for. Billed on my credit care on 3/5, 4/4 and now 5/4 of 2007.

Beware!
Am
  24th of May, 2007

CIC Triple Advantage / FreeCreditReport.com - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

Like most of the people here, I went to freecreditreport.com. I already get credit monitoring for Equifax, due to an identity theft problem. but Equifax only alerts me if I need to know something going to the other collection agencies, it won't give me a full report. So I went to freecreditreport.com to see if I could look further into it without having to pay, since I know you're entitled to a 1 free credit report each year. They claim that they only need your cc info to verify you, and you get a free 30 day trial. I put my info in, and it did not go through! I never got to use the service, and assumed the 30 day trial did not start since I got no confirmation email, a month later I'm being charged $12.95. I called them up, and the argued with me, saying that they did in fact send me a confirmation email and an email letting me know that the trial period was ending when I was going to be charged. Um, NO, I never got any emails from you and I was never actually able to use the service! I probably won't be getting the $12.95 back, but he did cancel the service for me, and I'm going to be checking my credit card bill closely to make sure he actually did cancel it, after reading other horror stories here.
Md
  25th of May, 2007
Same thing happened to me. Started being billed, don't know what it's for.
Br
  29th of May, 2007
I have received this the past few months as well. I certainly don't want whatever it is...
At
  9th of Jun, 2007

CIC Triple Advantage / FreeCreditReport.com - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

Last year I signed up for a "free" credit check at www.freecreditreport.com. I entered in my information (which included my debit card number) and was told that my first month was free but I needed to cancel the account to avoid being charged a monthly fee. After looking over my credit history and score I immediately canceled my account through freecreditreport.com. This was last September. I occasionally got emails from freecreditreport.com telling me about my "new credit information" and I went to the website on two different occasions and both times it told me that I did not have access because I needed to start a subscription. Well, I just noticed today that a charge of $12.95 was taken out of my account yesterday from CIC Triple Advantage. I did not recognize the name. After looking through my banking history I noticed that these payments of $12.95 have been coming out of my account for the last 10 months. That is a total of $129.50!! I googled 'CIC Triple Advantage' and everything that came up was all about this big credit scam. I immediately contacted CIC Triple Advantage and told them about the problem. I told them that after cancelling my freecreditreport.com account I could no longer access any of my information through that website... so what was I being charged for? The supervisor told me that I COULD access my information through that account, but I just chose not to. That is absolutely NOT true... I had cancelled my freecreditreport.com account the DAY I first signed up for it and was not able to access it at any time after that. I told the supervisor at CIC Triple Advantage that and asked him what service I had been paying for if I could not access the services at freecreditreport.com. The supervisor ignored my question every time I asked and kept interrupting me. CIC Triple Advantage STOLE that money out of my account for a service that I was unable to use! All I have found out about this company is complaints... why is this company still in business and still being allowed to steal hard-earned money from unsuspecting people??
De
  14th of Jun, 2007

Triple Advantage Report - Unauthorized charges

When I signed up to receive my free credit report, I originally applied for the Triple advantage report. After I decided I did not want that service any back in February, they have continued to bill my checking account every month for $12.95. I would appreciate it if someone would check into this matter.

Thanks
Deborah B. Jenkins
Fa
  15th of Jun, 2007

CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

I have seen several complaints with this company I never authorized money to be taken out of checking account. I can't even find a phone # to call and find out what is going on.

Beware people!
  19th of Jun, 2007
Their number is 800-388-8725. They did they same thing with me, continuing a trial membership by charging my credit card account monthly even though I canceled my membership within the required thirty days. They also appeared as CIC Triple Advantage on my statements.
Ch
  24th of Jun, 2007

CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

I checked my credit report back in December. The CIC CE Credit Report sight said it needed a credit card for verification purposes and it would not charge my card for the free credit report. However, every attempt I have made to stop the charges have failed. I've gone on their sight several times and it gives me not customer service numbers or POCs to shut off the charges. To date I've paid $72.
Ri
  27th of Jun, 2007

CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

Got free credit report online as a 1 time service. Elected not to sign up for monthly service and left sight. They needed card for proof of ID and said no charges. My bank statement shows a $9.95 charge on 6/27/2007. Can not find contact # to stop service I did not sign up for.

Beware!
De
  12th of Jul, 2007
The same company charged me as well. Luckily I have the number here since I printed out the report I requested. here it is: 877-481-6826
  13th of Jul, 2007
I guess this just goes to show that nothing is free, and you can still scam people while still being within the law. F***ing dirty ###. It disgusts me that I serve our people as a soldier, barely get enough to get by and then these Criminals steal what they can. With my pending payment, I've paid 51.80. I want this to stop.
Ma
  13th of Jul, 2007
CIC took money out of my bank account without permission? What to do?
Jo
  20th of Jul, 2007

CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

Hi, I had a free credit check and now they are withdrawing money from my account every month! How do I stop it? I see from other complaints that they don't stop it!!!
Ch
  21st of Jul, 2007
I am having the same problem except they are taking $12.95. I can't seem to find a number to have this service I didn't sign up for stopped either.
Di
  3rd of Aug, 2007

Triple Advantage Credit Report - Says FREE, but charged each month

I went to a website to get a free credit report. I completed the information, and never saw anywhere that indicated I would be automatically charged each month, but that is what happened. I called and requested my name be taken off their list. One month later, mine was taken off the list and my husbands was still being charged. Again I called, this time it took 15 minutes of hassling and listening to a woman tell me this didn't happen unless I had subscribed to the credit report. This is a deceptive process, and apparently a somewhat shady way of doing things. If something says FREE, that is what it should be!!! Now tell me, why would anybody want to pay each month for the privilege of seeing their credit score, it doesn't change that often!
  3rd of Aug, 2007
I got the same thing and I am going to dispute the charges through my bank, notify them that I DO NOT authorize the transaction and if necessary, report my current card as lost/stolen to cancel service and get a new one. That's my strategy; maybe it will help someone else out.