Churchwood Finance / Harrasment

1 6th Floor KingsgateStockport, England, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0800 2800 051

I am bombarded with calls and text messages for the last 2 months i was getting up to 10 a day from them. I have contacted the company twice telling them to remove me from there list I am not interested. I am still getting texts and calls, and now getting Mail from them.

Comments

Ki
  28th of Mar, 2009

I rang to ask your advice of which you sent out a package, i filled in the package with my bank details, which i sent back, a week after, my finance's were sorted personally so i rang up & cancelled the direct debt which then you still took the money out of my account a few days later, we have rung and written as advised numerous times and still 28th of March you haven't given my money back which you said i would have 2 days after i wrote a letter which was 3weeks before the 28th of March.

Can you please refund my money as soon as possible or i will be contacting citizen advice, because you had no right in the first place to take the money out when i fully informed you that i wanted to cancel.

Ki
  28th of Mar, 2009

I rang for you advice regarding my finance's which you sent a package out & i filled it in with my bank details and sent it back the next day to you, i then rang a few days later advising you that i wanted to cancel as i had sorted my finance's personally, Johnny adviced that i had cancelled my account with you & that i wouldn't have anymore phone calls or mail sent out to me.

A few days later the first payment was taken out of my bank account after i'd been fully aware that i'd cancelled my account with you.

I rang Johnny and he said to write a letter of cancellation to Churchwood and i would then recieve my money back in my account two days later, the next day i sent a letter regarding cancellation and had no confirmation back from Churchwood and no money was recieved as promised, i therefore rang Churchwood and requested to speak to Johnny, he was not at the office so i therefore was speaking to the most rudest man i've ever spoke to before, his attitude was appaling, as i asked for his name he name hung the phone on me, i rang back and spoke to Jeff who was helpful and advised that my money would be back in my account Monday.
If this is untrue i will be contacting Citizen Advice as this is an ongoing enquiry when at the beginning of my account with Churchwood i was advised that my money would not be taken out in the first place.

I will be rining back Monday morning to check my money has gone into my account & will also be speaking to a manager as of the advisor that are with Churchwood are rude & unhelpful and also lie about important information.

After this money is put back into my account, i would like all information of mine taken of Churchwood system & i wouldn't like to contacted from this company again.

Sp
  4th of Sep, 2009

I was in a similar position for a long time, getting several calls a day from them, even though I had used telephone preference sceening. I spoke to their manager, who told me I would not have any more calls from them, however, I still did. I contacted their Data Protection Compliance Officer, who assured me the same as the manager did, but I still got calls.

So I contacted the Information Commissioner (who is in charge of making sure companies and public bodies are compliant withthe Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act). They were excellent! Within days I had a letter from the IC and they had written to Churchwood, warning them of the law. I have not had an unsolicitated call since!