Churches Chicken / poor food quality

We have always preferred Churches Chicken over other fast food chicken vendors, but the only Churches Chicken franchise in Las Cruces, NM is awful. We stopped by on Wednesday, July 25th right after 05:00 p.m. and ordered to go. We should have looked at the chicken before we drove off. It clearly had been sitting under the heat lamp all day. The chicken was so tough, it was similar to eating jerky. The bread was more like a cracker. I don't know if complaining will do any good, but we will be reluctant to purchase anything from Churches Chicken in the future.

Comments

Jo
  29th of Aug, 2007

I recently went to a Churches on Garth Road in Baytown Texas, the service was ok but the place was dirty. They even charged a 39 cent fee to use my atm card there. This is something I have never heard, can someone please explain why this fee was charged to me?

Gl
  8th of Feb, 2008

Stopped at a Churchs in North Fort Worth, Texas. I had seen the commerical of the fried fish and knew that is what I wanted. Horrible! it was fried crispy, but the fish itself was mushy.

Mr
  31st of Jul, 2008

I' BROUGHT A 14PC CHICKEN LAST NIGHT FROM CHURCHES CHICKEN ON LITTLE YORK RD IN HOUSTON TEXAS.AND IT WAS A HOT MESS, I' TOLD THE DUMB WOMEN NO THIGHS!!! AND HALF MY ORDER WAS NOTHING BUT THIGHS.EVEN AFTER I' PAID FOR A MIX ORDER.WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 8LEGS, 3WINGS AND 3 BREAST.I' GOT 3 LEGS AND 4 BREAT AND 1 WING THAT WAS FIT TO EAT!!! THE REST WAS ALL THIGHS!!! I' HATE THIGS WITH A PASSION.AND IF I ' PAID FOR MIXED I' SHOULD HAVE GOT LEGS IN THE PLACE OF THIGHS.IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT MESS COST ME ALMOST THIRTY BUCKS!!! I' TOOK THE THIGHS BACK AND THEY DID'NT WANNA REFUND MY MONEY.THEY WOULD'NT DROP ME ANYMORE CHICKEN EITHER.THEY TOLD ME TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY.I'M LIKE I' HAVE KIDS THAT ARE HUNGRY NOW!! EVERYTHING IS CLOSED WHA AM I' SUSPOSE TO DO.SHE FRIST SAID WELL ALL I' HAVE IS 6 SPICY LEGS.THEN SHE CAME BACK WITH 4 BURNED UP BREAST THAT WAS TO HARD TO EAT.AND TOLD ME TO COME BACK TOMORROW AND I'LL GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR THE REST.I' LIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN AND GAS IS TOO DAM HIGH TO GO CROSSTOWN FOR A COUPLE PEICES OF CHICKEN.I' USE TO WORK AT KFC AND I' KNOW IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE.CHURCHES DO HAVE GOOD WORKERS HERE IN HOUSTON AT SOME STORES.I' WONT BE GOING BACK THERE ANYMORE.DONT GET ME WRONG I' LIKE CHURCHES CHICKEN AND NEVER HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THEM.SOMETIMES THEY HAVE GOTTEN MY ORDERS WRONG BUT IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF.WHO DO YOU COMPLAIN TO HERE OR ANYWHERE ABOUT BAD SERVICES AT CHURCHES.THEY WONT GIVE YOU THE MAIN NUMBERS TO COMPLAIN.I' WONT BE GOING BACK THERE ANYMORE.THAT GOD I' PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD AND I' CAN DISPUT SOME OF THE CHARGES!!!.I' AGREE I' OWE SOMETHING BUT NOT THE WHOLE THING...

Da
  19th of Sep, 2008

churches is the sloweist people at natural bridge and lucus and hint in st. louis. i think u need a new franchis manger. chicken is never ready. they cuss you out and say wait

Ki
  1st of Dec, 2008

I just wanted to let someone know that the Churches Chicken that is located in Compton, California on Central Ave is down right pitiful. Everytime you go there you always have to wait for chicken to cook and even when the chicken is ready you have to wait. They are very slow. There has been several different employees there and all of them perform the same. They take forever in getting you your food. Most of the time I have to leave and go to another one in another city. So I wonder why are they there if everytime you pull up they are telling you "we do not have any chicken cooked at this time". when I get to the other Churches, I tell them where I left from and they already know how the other one is. They said alot of customer complain about that one. Something needs to be done about it. Management sucks!!

Je
  14th of Mar, 2009

they do not work they talk to much on the phone there cloth look ugle and nastey the cook is lazey they do not have alot of chicken like they should there is no manger there like it should churches is going down