Chubb / Lack of Delivery

1 South Africa Review updated:

At 5.30pm my 72 year old mother noticed an intruder on her property. She pressed the panic button setting off the alarm. The intruder left the property with her laptop. She then phoned the Rondebosch Police station to inform them of the incident. There has no call from Chubb. The police arrived, offered my mother assistance and support. Still no call from Chubb. After taking a statement and searching the area the police left. Finally after one representative arrived. His excuse was there where no cars available.

My mother has been paying a monthly fee for Chubb security for many years. It is a substantial cost to her. This is the first incident that she has had to call upon Chubb. And they couldn't deliver. If you live in the Rondebosch area please take note of this. Chubb are taking your money, but they not investing it in protecting you.

Comments

• Dg
      15th of Dec, 2012

Chubb has been less than useless in providing security and alarm monitoring to my property in Fish Hoek, where I have a tenant-occupied house. I am away from the country and rely on email to track invoices from and payments to all my service providers. Chubb has shown that this method of doing business is completely beyond their grasp, although they manage to extract arbitrary amounts of money from my bank account each month for services for which they have failed to invoice. Their reaction to my queries is silence. I shall be changing to a local, smaller and more responsive service next month.

• St
      12th of Mar, 2013

I thought I was the only one who Chubb deducted seemingly random amounts from my bank account each month, but clearly not. The fact that this company is unable to master a process as simple as a stop order would have surprised me before but after 6 months of dealing with them, nothing about their absolute incompetence has the ability to shock me anymore.
    They took at least 5 visits to install our alarm and on one occasion they said they would be at my house at 10am and arrived at 5:30pm without a word of apology. Since then they've had to return several times to fix faulty wiring which hadn't been installed properly and fell down every time we opened our front door.
    Not only that, but lately we've set off our alarm by mistake a couple of times and haven't received a single phone call enquiring after our safety. So essentially the only service we're paying for is an alarm that makes a noise, which would hopefully help scare off any intruders - I'm certainly not banking on Chubb security actually arriving at the house to help out.
    I would recommend to anyone considering hiring this company to be in charge of your home security - RECONSIDER. They are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with and I can't wait to be rid of their so-called services.

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2014

chubb is the most pathetic admin department to deal with. The staff in the durban office have no clue what they doing. They never ca;; you back or give you any type of feedback. They even continue debiting your account even though you dont have a contract with them.
    My suggestion is dont ever use them dont sign up with thtem and tell your friends and family not to use them also

• Th
      4th of Jan, 2015

Useless security company ever!!..

• Ra
      23rd of Feb, 2015

CHUBB IS USELESS AND HAVE PUT MY FAMILY AT RISK FOR THE LAST TIME !!! . I HAVE BEEN A CHUBB CUSTOMER FOR 10 YEARS AND OVER THE YEARS HAVE RECEIVED SOMEWHAT DECENT SERVICE. HOWEVER IN THE LAST 2 YEARS THEIR BUSINESS MODEL AND SERVICE STRATEGY HAS CLEARLY CHANGED. I HAVE HAD MORE THAN 2 INCIDENTS RECENTLY WHERE CHUBB HAS TAKEN LONGER THAN 30 MINS TO RESPOND TO MY HOME OR WHEN THE ALARM HAS ACTIVATED IN ERROR I SOMETIMES GET A CALL HOURS LATER ABOUT THE ACTIVATION. THIS FROM A NATIONAL ALARM COMPANY.LAST WEEK THERE WAS AN INTRUDER ON THE PROPERTY AND MY DAD PRESSED THE PANIC ALARM. CHUBB ARMED RESPONSE TOOK APPROX 30 MINS TO ARRIVE AT THE PROPERTY DURING WHICH TIME MY SON AND PARENTS COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED. NO APOLOGY OR PROPER REASON FOR NOT RESPONDING WITHIN THE 5-7 MIN WINDOW. I THEN CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE FROM MY CELL AND END OFF HOLDING 15 MINS BEFORE BEING CUT OFF SO I CALL AGAIN. EVENTUALLY GETTING THROUGH TO AN AGENT WHO TRANSFERS ME TO THE AREA MANAGER IN CAPE TOWN. HE ASSURES ME THAT THIS WILL RECEIVE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION. NEEDLESS TO SAY ITS BEEN 6 DAYS AND NOT A WORD OR APOLOGY. "THE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT TEAM ". DONT TAKE EXCUSES THAT THE VEHICLE WAS ON CALL OUT OR TRAFFIC ETC. IT JUST MEANS THEY HAVE TOO FEW VEHICLES PATROLLING YOUR AREA AND THEREFORE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND IN TIME FOR AN EMERGENCY.
    DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILY AT RISK !!! CANCEL YOUR ARMED REPSONSE OR MOVE TO A COMPANY THAT GIVES YOUR THE SECURITY YOU NEED. I WILL DEFINATELY BE CANCELLING IMMEDIATELY.

1st of Mar, 2015

I PRESSED THE PANIC BUTTON LAST NIGHT (SATURDAY NIGHT) 21H50. ALMOST 10 MINUTES WENT BY AND NO PHONE CALL FROM CHUBB. I THEN PHONED CHUBB IN GEORGE WHO ADVISED ME THAT THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY SIGNAL FROM US HOWEVER, THE LADY ADVISED ME THEY WILL SEND SOMEONE OUT. NO ONE AS BEEN TO OUR PREMISES SINCE THEN AND IT IS NO SUNDAY, 13H00.

FROM 11H00 THIS MORNING, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A TECHNICIAN FROM CHUBB TO HAVE OUR ALARM FIXED. I HAVE HAD NO LUCK. I PHONED CHUBB IN GEORGE TWICE, EVEN REQUESTED THE SUPERVISOR TO PHONE ME BACK - NO CALL SO FAR. I THEN PHONED CHUBB IN CAPE TOWN TWICE, GOT TOLD THAT A TECHNICIAN WILL PHONE ME BACK - ALSO NO CALL YET!

I AM STAYING ALONE ON A FARM (LADY), PAY A MONTHLY FEE OF R342 AND MY ALARM IS NOT WORKING THUS NO ARMED RESPONSE. I ALSO GOT TOLD FROM THEIR OFFICE IN GEORGE, THAT CHUBB DO NOT HAVE ANY VEHICLES IN OUDTSHOORN. APPARENTLY THEY LOG A CALL WITH THE POLICE.

SO, IN FUTURE TO SAFE TIME. I SHALL PHONE THE POLICE MYSELF AND CANCEL MY ARMED RESPONSE WITH CHUBB!

ONE CAN'T COMPLAIN OF POOR SERVICE DELIVERY BECAUSE THERE IS NO SERVICE AT ALL!

13th of Mar, 2015

After a service visit the engineer could not activate the alarm ! After several weeks without an active alarm (and no insurance cover for my house !) I decided to renew my alarm system with a reputable company. Chubb engineers have never been back to see if they could resolve the problem caused by their enginneer.They have now sent me a bill for the service visit that resulted in my alarm ceasing to work.When I contacted the head office I was told I needed to resolve this with their branch.
    How do companies like Chubb survive??

• Tp
      25th of Jan, 2016

My parents in boksburg gauteng have been paying chubb for over 25 years and last night Sunday 24th February 2016 when they needed them for the first time in all those years chubb took a half a hour to arrive after they pushed the panic button when an intruder was breaking in .My parents could have come to serious harm in that time. Now they are concerned what will happen next time I hope Chubb will be able to assist with this issue as soon as possible before something bad happens

11th of Jul, 2017

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH CHUB MPUMALANGA BUT MY PROPERTY WAS SOLD. I AM RECENTLY OVERSEAS VISITING FAMILY
    BUT HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM TO PHONE CHUB IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR I CANNOT PHONE THEM ON THE 0800 NUMBER
    I WANTED TO CANCEL MY SERVICE, BUT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I CAN GIVE A THREE
    MONTH PERIOD CANCELLATION TIME. I SENT AN EMAIL TO SUSAN.SMITH@CHUB.CO.ZA TO CANCEL THE SERVICE. SHE THEN SENT ME
    A LETTER SAYING THAT I HAVE TO PAY R1200.00 CANCELLATION FEE, PLUS THE 3 MONTHS CANCELLATION TIME - THIS IS HOW I
    UNDERSTAND IT.
    PLEASE ASSIST WITH MY QUERY AS I FEEL THIS IS COMPLETELY OVER CHARGED AND WISH TO CANCEL THE SERVICE BASED ON THE THREE MONTHS PERIOD-ALREADY EXPIRED.
    I DO NOT RECEIVE ANY INVOICES AND HAS REQUESTED NUMEROUS TIMES- I NEED THIS FOR TAX PURPOSES PLEASE
    CHUB WITBANK-CONTACT PERSON