Chrysler Service Contracts / Company taking too long to provide coverage

United States, Michigan, Troy Review updated:
Chrysler Service Contracts
PO Box 2700
Phone: 1-800-521-9922
Purchased an extended service contract from NW Jeep for my 2002 Mini Cooper on 2/19/2008. In February 2009 the transmission failed. Annapolis MINI contacted them immediately for authorization to repair. Chrysler Service Contracts stated that the dealership needed to repair my Mini and THEN submit a request for coverage. Chrysler Service Contracts requested all service records since I owned the vehicle. They were faxed to Chrysler the same day. I contacted Chrysler on 2/27/2009. They refused my request on the status of my claim because "they have a dialogue" with the dealership. On 3/5/2009, I spoke with the service department at Annapolis MINI. They have not been contacted by Chrysler Service Contracts as of that date.

According to the extended service contract, I have complied with the claim process and the transmission is a covered component. I believe they are delaying the approval assuming that I will pay for the repair and then have to keep trying to get Chrysler Service Contracts to possibly pay for a covered component. Chrysler Service Contracts needs to honor their written contract.

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
I also dropped a black dress coat w/ belt off at Somerset Cleaners of Troy, MI. When I went to pick up the coat it looked worse than when I dropped it off. To top it off when I got home the belt was missing. So I called and they said they found the belt and I could stop by and pick it up. When I picked it up there looked to be dog hair on it, I don't think it was even the belt that belonged to my coat. I showed the kid the dirty belt and he said that he could put it through to be cleaned again. I said, "no thanks." I will never return!
N  17th of Nov, 2010 by
I purchased an maximum care service contract on my Mercedes. Chrysler Service Contracts is a nightmare to deal with. The will give verbal authorizations to servicers and then change their mind on covering the repairs after the fact. I have had service work done at both the Mercedes dealer/servicer and later at an Independent Mercedes servicer. Both servicers end up spend hours on the phone having to argue about getting paid on the repairs. No one knows what they are doing at Chrysler Service Contracts. They will use any excuse to not pay your claim and have no idea about the vehicles they authorize to repair. Do not buy a Chryler Serivce Contract.
N  19th of Mar, 2012 by
I purchased a 7yr. 100k mile Chrysler Service Contract for my 2007 Chrysler Town & Country vehicle. I purchased the vehicle used with 13, 000 miles on it from Venice Chrysler in Venice, Florida on 6 March 2008. It was my understanding the contract began at the date of my sale...WRONG!
Today I contacted Chrysler Service Contracts and was told the contract began on 14 August 2006 (the date of the first owners purchase). I was unaware of this until today...19 March 2012. So I spent $3300 for a Service Contract that is NOT for 7 years, but rather for 5 years.
Salesman did NOT make this clear
No extended warranty again!

Chrysler Logo Chrysler