Chrysler Financial / lease return fee

1 Shelby Township, MI, United States Review updated:

Chrysler Financial has burried a clause in its lease agreement for a Lease Return Fee $300.00 if you do not buy another Chrysler product. This is in a lease agreement and is to offset their cost for holding charges and auction processing. They will pass this cost on the leasee, I really think it is bogus charge.

Comments

• Cr
      23rd of Jun, 2009

$300 thats nice..We just returned our Dodge Caliber and it was $425. It's such a joke...i like how they say if you re-lease or buy a new chrysler you don't have to pay it.

• Su
      23rd of Jun, 2009

That sounds suspicious. How can they extort another purchase out of you?

• 06
      2nd of Aug, 2009

yea, i just turned in my leased liberty for an 08 liberty...over mileage fees, and wear and tear fees total about $5K...chrysler financial told me I have 30 days to pay it or its a red mark in my credit...BS! Chrysler financial also told me that they do not have a payment plan as hospitals, credit card companies do if you have an extensive amount to pay...what the friggin heck is this all about...the dealer ship I bought my car said that they have never heard of anything like that before...has anyone had to deal with something like this?

• 4p
      31st of Aug, 2009

We are getting ready to turn in our 2007 Jeep Commander. I already know that we are going to owe for excess mileage and the turn in fee. Have you been able to get anywhere with payments for them, or do you still have to pay the full amount within 30 days? I know we won't be able to pay it off, so I guess we will take the hit on our credit...

• Fe
      24th of Oct, 2009

They are a piece of work. I have an 07 pacifica that the lease is up in July. I am trying to voluntarily repo it as i can't afford the payments any longer and it's a POS, i've been dealing with it not starting, tie rods being replaced, TWICE, etc. I call them to see if they can work out anything on my payments and all they say is "there's nothing we can do." I also noticed that there is a $400 fee when i turn it in, well they can suck it cause i'm not paying it. Who the hell do they think they are? A fee for giving them back their car? they should pay ME for driving the POS! So i call them today, a Saturday, for the repo paperwork, guess what, they aren't there on the weekend. So they won't help me with my payments and I can't even voluntarily return it when it's convenient for me. NO MORE CHRYSLER PRODUCTS I would rather poke my eyes out!

• Us
      16th of Feb, 2010

DAMN CHRYSLER!!!

$464.31 to return my '08 Charger R/T !!!

THIS IS REALLY OUTRAGEOUS!!! But hey, it was in the contract since day 1 ...

There's nothing I can do!

• Ea
      18th of May, 2010

They are calling me everyday, I turned in a 2007 Ram 4 weeks ago last july I purchased a new car (not a chry) and called for pay off as well as my dealer called due to it being rolled in. I called chry finacial 2 weeks later to confirm everything and they said I owed X$ if i was keeping it and not turning it in until due date .I asked if X$ was all i would owe or would I have additional charges at turn in, the rep. assured me I was done as long as I was under on mileage. I was way under on mileage and bought a used truck (not a dodge) from the dodge dealer I origianly leased it from the day I turned it in. Two days later a bill for $400 I refuse to pay, what a scam and I feel if when you get pay off and yhey fail to include this its not my loss.

• Fe
      24th of Aug, 2010

I was at the Chrysler dealership tonight to buy out my lease and I asked if the $299 was in my original agreement with them and they said no. I said then why do have to pay it. They said that is their policy and that every dealer charges a fee because they are franchises. I said if it isn't in my original agreement, I was going to seek legal advice. What a rip off. I am not paying it. If I won't pay it, they won't sell me the car!

• Tr
      25th of Aug, 2010

39 months with no late payments (auto deduct from my checking yet they claim I had 8 lates). No damage fees and I was under miles. When I turned my car in I repeatidly asked if there was a turn in fee and I was told no. This was by both Chrysler Financial and the dealership. 30 days later the threatening calls started. At first I thought it was a scam but then they started calling me at work and my cell. After I finally was able to confirm it was a real charge and on the contract they basically said pay now or it will be turned over to credit collection. What a way to treat a loyal customer after 3 years. I told them if they would have confirmed the charge when I turned in the car I would have gladly paid it. Their response was that I should have known it was on the contract. BTW the car was a POS and I'd never buy another Chrysler/Dodge vehicle again especially now after I was treated like crap. How about a "I'm sorry sir but we forgot to collect your turn in fee. How can we work with you to collect this?" vs. "Sir if you don't pay this today we will refer it to a collection agency".

• La
      25th of Oct, 2010

Chrysler Financial is awful, we turned our vehicle in 7 months early and it was in mint condition. We paid off the remaining payments due as well as the return fee completely in full. 3 months later they send us a bill in the mail, stating that we owe money for a "voluntary repossession" to the amount of $1737. I called and got a very rude man who said that although he could see we paid off our account in full in May, there were now new charges, and that we could work something out. I am not sending them another cent. I have filed complaints with the Attorney General as well as the BBB. I am not backing down and I would rather pay lawyer fees than send them any money. Chrysler Financial is terrible and scams consumers.

• Ge
      9th of Dec, 2010

I currently have a 2007 Dodge ram 1500 which I leased new, when my lease was up in june they told me I can re lease the truck for 6 months or a year in which I did lease it again for 6 months. Now I received a letter my lease is up on jan. 2nd, so we called to extend it and they said NO we do not do leases either pay in full or turn the truck in!! I asked why did they tell me that in June and her reply was I don't know all they told me was to tell anyone that leases No pay it or turn it in!!! Needless to say I will never ever purchase another Chrysler product again and will try to talk anyone out of it that does!!! Horrible Horrible customer relations!! Never received a letter prior on the dropping of leases either!!!