Chrysler Finance / Unethical practices

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 388-4275

In December 2007, Chrysler offered to pick up the last 5 payments of our existing lease if we would lease a new Chrysler. We took the letter into the dealer and made them an offer which was accepted. The dealer was required to pick up 3 additional lease payments as part of this deal. Chrysler Finance hounded me for months to collect the 3 payments made by the dealer. After finally acknowledging they had been paid by the dealer, they then claimed to have no knowledge of Chrysler offering to make the last 5 payments and continued to harass me until I gave in and paid them $1860 I didn't even owe them just so they could make a commission. It didn't matter that I did'nt owe the money and have been a long time loyal customer of Chrysler. Since the dealer I went through, Urban Chrysler in Foothill Ranch California is now bankrupt, I cannot get a copy of the letter making the offer from Chrysler Corp. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in the country who received this offer. I spoke to an attorney and he suggests I take them to small claims court. I would like to get a copy of the letter sent out by Chrysler back in December.

Comments

• Le
      19th of May, 2008

Urban Chrysler took in our SRT 10 truck as a trade in and never paid off the loan.
    To the tune of 25, 000.00. The truck was purchased by another party. We are 1 of
    40 people this has happened to. Can you say FRAUD!!! Anyone have any
    ideas??

• Br
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I also had a bad dealeing with Urban Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Foothill Ranch. We had worked out a deal, where they Urban Chrysler was to pay off my 2003 Nissan Altima for a 2007 Chrysler 300, sold my car to a small dealer in Santa Ana, sent in a check to the finance company and bounced the check. In return, the small dealer in Santa Ana, paid them for the car, Urban cashed it and still never paid off my Altima. So we are both screwed. This is FRAUD in the worse case. I can't afford 2 payments. Can anyone help us out there?

2nd of Jun, 2008

We turned in our Chrysler lease 2 months early to lease a new vehicle from another car maker. While turning it in at the dealership we offered to pay off the remaining $600 or so dollars we owed right there. At the time the dealership was having issues with their electronic signature pad & said that we would just be issued a bill in the mail. 2 months later we FINALLY received the bill & had it in our hands no longer than 5 days when a collections agency left a voicemail at my place of work (and I wasn't even the lessee!) saying it was an urgent matter (but not saying regarding what) and that I needed to call them back TODAY. Later that evening my husband called & it was a collections agency! Very irritating considering our excellent credit & willingness to pay at the time we turned it in. Also, there were no calls or messages left at our house, which to me is the appropriate avenue when trying to contact someone not related to their place of work. Very disappointed with Chrysler's ineptitude to bill in a timely manner & inappropriate "collection" practices.

28th of Jun, 2008

Send all of your paperwork to the Attorney General in your State, with a copy to the city and state District Attorneys.
    Make sure that Urban Chrysler, your finance company, and the dealer in Santa Ana get a copy of the same letter.
    And send a copy to your Credit Bureau so that they know what is going on.
    Jovial Jack