Chrpay.com of Company name / SMS Messges from 64848, 85115 & 88989

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07812205943

4 August 2009

Dear Sirs

I would very much appreciate if you could please assist with the following:

I've been an Orange contract customer for years but, coinciding with the upgrade of my mobile, in April 2009, I've been receiving sms messages on my mobile from three different numbers: 64848, 85115 & 88989 being charged a total of £202.95 between April and en of July without being aware of it (this doesn't include the charges from the end July and beginning of August, since I can't view my next bill yet).

I saw the sms messages arriving everyday to my mobile but I ignored them since I wasn't aware that I would be charged for receiving them... I even responded a few times to their quiz questions at the beginning unaware of any charges but, I also requested that they stopped to one of the numbers (I didn't even know there were 3 numbers involved) in April/May, since my inbox was really crowded; however, they still kept arriving and I sort of gave up..

Yesterday, I opened one of my latest bills from Orange and noticed that the total for the June was £131.00 (about £100.00 above the standard) so I called Orange who confirmed they couldn't do anything to help apart from giving me a number which they had listed in relation to all the above numbers: [protected].

I called this number and through their voice service confirmed that I wanted to cancel all their services/txts for which, anyway, I had never applied.

Looking at all my bills in detail, I also found out that there were three numbers involved so I sent an sms message to each individual one requesting to stop, as Orange recommended.

This matter is really frustrating and I feel robbed. I know I haven't checked my phone bills for a while but I have a direct debit so why should I? I never expected that somebody would be steal from my bank account in such a way.

I hope that you can assist and let me know if there is a way of getting the money these people are stealing back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Herminia Capellan

Comments

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Have also been caught in exactly thye same way, though in my case I never replied to any of the tyexts, just deleted them. Also feel robbed. Orange claim they can do nothing about it and you get nowhere if you call the company sending the texts. Surely there must be some recourse?

Mike Morton