chrpay/Antivirus 360 / No Refund

1 MT, United States Review updated:

Signed up for Antivirus 360 because I could not get it off my screen - it froze up everything. I ordered Antivirus 360 because I thought it would help. It not only DID NOT HELP, I tried to get a refund and never got a response back. Meanwhile they took the $49.50 plus .50 International Service Fee out of my account and can't get it back. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY - IT'S A SCAM!!!

Comments

29th of Jan, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me. I am now trying to remove this crap from my computer, which is taking a lot of time and headaches. This is a clear scam, and I would like to know what can be done to find these people and prosecute them. I can find no information about how to obtain a refund, so I guess we are just basically screwed out of our money.

If anyone has any information about how we can recover our money, please let us know.

• Ig
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Hi,

yeah, it seems that this parasite is on the wild. I just don't get it way you have decided to purchase this crap :( I just want to say, that it's always a good practice to search for manual removal guide. For example i found one here: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-360.html

7th of Feb, 2009

I agree! I just had the same experience this week and out of frustration I did place an order, but I cannot find the name of the company or a telephone # to call to request a refund. The only acknowledgement I received was from support@supportsecuritysolutions.com and I cannot get any response from this email. I likewise was told after the fact that this is a scam but it has already been charged to my credit card as PNRA.

If anyone has any information how one may get their money back, I certainly would appreciate receiving such insight. Thank you.

• As
      7th of Feb, 2009

I got my money back i googled Chronopay.com and called the 1-800 number they said i would receive a refund but i did not believe them but i actually got a refund took about 4 days, look up that company and call them because i was scammed also i also cancelled the credit card i used just to give me pief1cc7ce of mind.

• As
      7th of Feb, 2009

i had to download windows one care live to remove the virus it cost 50$ or you can do it as a free trial for 90 days, like i was saying, i was scammed too and they charged my credit card, the following day i cancelled my credit card but it was too late they had already taken the money out, but i did a little research and found out that they use a billing company called Chronopay.com i googled that company and called the number for usa headquarters and my refund was put back in my account 4 days later, this is such a shame because this is how people get their identification stolen, Good luck and call Chronopay.com

• Rd
      18th of Feb, 2009

This same thing happened to me I did call the company chronopay.com and there saying they don't have me in the system but my bank statment say's the antivirus 360 took the money. If anyone have another way please let me know

• Br
      21st of Feb, 2009

I unfortunately did not realize that this was a scam, and I too purchased the "service." Thank you all for sharing the tips on how to get a refund. It's just a shame that a legitimate company's name is attached to this.

• Bi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

In response to support@supportsecuritysoluitions.com i called my bank an told them what had happened they are trying to get the charge removed.i wont know till tomorrow.what i down loaded from them was a virus.STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.i went straight to norton 360 they accessed my computer removed the virus an installed norton360, of course i had to pay them but i recommend you log on to this site only to get their norton service.it dosen't correct how my pc lost speed that i have to do.the big companies should make a free down load to keep your pc at max proformance.but then the scammers would get hold of if probly an steel what little we have left.

• Ke
      26th of Feb, 2009

IF You GET on a web site and ANTIVRUS 360 pops up like it did on me it a pain in the ### they say you have worms bugs etc infecting your pc and buy now and we will get rid of them ! after sending one email to help Support team at support@supportsecuritysolutions.com I got this
    Dear customer

This is an automated message sent from Support team.

We received a message from you and for your convenience, we created an
    issue that will be used by our staff to handle your message.To add more information to this issue, simply reply to this email.
    Please allow 48 hours for the response.
    Issue #: 144935
    Summary: GET it OUT OF MY PC NOW Antivirus 360.
    Priority: Medium
    Submitted: Thu, 26 Feb 2009, 16:30:38 UT
    It keeps popping up on me pissing me off so I sent hundreds and hundreds of emails to the help Support team REPLY---SEND ?REPLY---SEND after one hour of sending to help Support team at support@supportsecuritysolutions.com they sent me this email back
    Dear customer,

Please follow my instructions to uninstall Antivirus 360:

1.Open My computer, choose Disk C;
    2.Find the folder Program files / Common files / System / Uninstall ; 3.Run the file Uninstall_A360.exe

After that our product will be removed.
    Feel free to contact us if you need any help Anna Hamilton, Customer Support SpecialisI
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the E-Mail I Got from them after I sent hudreds of E-Mails to them complining about their scam.

Keith

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree that this is a scam. I got the same reply that he did and sent them another Email stateing that it was not medium that it was critical, they then sent me the same responce on removal. I did not purchase the program and told them in some rather unpleasant terms that I knew they were a scam.

• Jc
      5th of Mar, 2009

Not only is it a scam but it is a Virus itself. I am an IT professional in Pennsylvania. I get this in our shop about 70% of the time. It has many aliases such as AntiVirus 2009, 2008, XP, PC Confidential, etc. Nothing is free online everyone. And if it is... and it's an honest working program, you get what you pay for... Nothing!

Anytime you buy something online, you must make sure you are able to contact them first by phone. Not email.

This is one of the biggest scams online, to scare you into buying a program that doesn't do anything more than its already doing. There are ways of getting it off, but there are other viruses that intrude into your computer the more it runs.

My advice. Go to a computer repair shop, get your computers data backed up, and restore the operating system (Windows XP, Vista etc.) back to its orignal factory settings when you bought it.

We charge $127.50 to restore your computer. Although this fake virus program is keeping me in business... I'm tired of seeing people get ripped off.

You need to be very carefull and read everything you're clicking on. You can't be click happy and click on everything you see. I know people that click on every advertisement they see. Advertisements lead to websites, that lead to other websites that have viruses on them.

Don't be cheap and not get a virus program as soon as you buy another new computer. It's always worth it, and if you don't do it.. you end up with problems such as these.

In rare occasions, even virus programs don't work well enough to know that you're downloading this program... and it really is you that did it. You don't notice it, but you click on an agreement to download such a virus as AntiVirus 360.

My reccomendation is to get ZoneAlarm's Force Field for $29.99. I offer it to all my clients. It checks everything before and during the download.

As far as antivirus software that is Legit. Computer Associates (CA AV) AntiVirus is a corporate business program. It works great and its really cheap. ($39.99/year)

Norton is a resource hog in my opinion. It trys more to look pretty than to actually do the job that its supposed to do. Trend Micro, I've run into a lot of problems. and AVG DOES NOT work. Free version does nothing. It gets viruses out but skips every 5 viruses and doesn't delete them.

If you have any more questions, you may Email me at justin@marshallconsulting.biz

Good luck everyone!

• Ri
      5th of Mar, 2009

ANTIVIRUS 360 POPPED UP ON MY COMPUTER AND I HAD TO PAY FOR IT JUST SO I COULD GET BACK ONLINE.PROBLEM IS THAT IT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.THE ONLY THING I RECEIVED WAS THE ABILITY TO GET ONLINE AGAIN.I WANT MY 80.00 BACK.I AM GOING TO TRY TO GOOGLE CHRONOPAY.COM AND SEE IF THEY ARE ANY HELP.GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED.

6th of Mar, 2009

Well guess what ? I got hit with it to!! I had no idea what was going on except I thought this was a legitamate thing happening to my computer.!! I just sent them an email asking for a refund of my money.If theres no response I will be contacting the B.B.B. and filing a complaint with them! BE AWARE!!! Be CAREFUL!!! Now I know not to accept things like this on my screen!!

6th of Mar, 2009

Hello everyone! I have the toll free number where you can actually speak to a real person!! This is the numberI called and told them I got ripped off and I wanted a refund!! Said it would take5 to 10 business days. When you do call make sure you get a name. The number is

1-800-350-6821 for Chronopay

6th of Mar, 2009

Now I willbe contacting th B.B.B. and filing a complaint.I would suggst everyone else maybe should do the same.
    Bye and good luck!! I will let you know if and when the Chrononpay keeps their word about refundig my moey.

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the Antivirus360 also and I got scammed, they said it would be a one time charge of $99.90 for lifetime (stupid me to believe that), and you would think that the real company would do something so there name wouln't keep getting drag down, but then again are they a part of this to get extra money also??

11th of Mar, 2009

MY COMPLAINT IS NOT THAT IT DID NOT WORK ITS THAT IT REMOVED ITSELF FROM MY SYSTEM THE ICON IS STILL THERE BUT WHEN I GO TO OPEN IT IT TELLS ME THAT THAT THE A360 HAS BEEN REMOVED SOMEWHERE ELSE, HOW THE HELL EXCUSE MY FRENCH BUT THAT WAS NOT THE TRIAL VERSION I PAID 62.00 FOR A WHOLE YEAR AND TO TOP IT OFF THIS IS WHAT THEY GIVE ME TO COMPLAIN TO A SIGHT WRE EVERYONES COMPLAINING HOW ABOUT A PHONE NUMBER SO THAT I CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE

• Do
      18th of Mar, 2009

Thanks Everyone! I too got ripped off by AV360.. I will call the Chronopay number.. Thank You and try to get my money back.. I just paid Norton $100 for a virus cleanup thanks to AV360! now my computer is back to normal. I'll repost when I get some results.. and I will also complain to the better business bureau..

18th of Mar, 2009

Same thing friends. I got took by this same sting. Ouch. I am tired of these kind of scams going on. I think that something needs to be done, and done now. Just as corporate heads are liable (i.e. ENRON, WorldCom., ect.) I think that such scam as these should be traceable, and those who perpetrate such crimes, be held accountable.
    The only thing that I have found out, as I am sure you all have, is that the charge was paid to Heliana Ltd. Sof CY. Now can anyone tell me What company this is, where it is located, anything to track down the individual(s) responsible, please let me know. Feel free to email me this info at MarcusIII@live.com

• Ji
      19th of Mar, 2009

same thing here, didnt purchace av360 just clicked it off. Didnt make a dam difference still over taking my pc. The thing is ive only just brought the pc, 2 weeks ago infact. Also purchased Nortons anti virus, can any one tell me why that didnt detect it, or even give me any warning signs. Rang nortons they can remove it for an extra cost of £69.00. Why should i pay more money to nortons when i purchased the so called propection and its not doing its job