Choicepoint Funding Financial Group / fraud

1 408 S. First ST.Evansville, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6082129361

I was called and told that I was approved for a 5000.00 loan. I was sent loan documents by email. I looked them over and singed them. I was told to fax the documents, my drivers licence, a voided check, and my social security number. After I did that I was told that I needed to send a security payment of 709.11. this was equal to six payments and that after i sent this by wire transfer that the loan money would be deposited into my checking account. when the money didn't get deposited they said there were more conditions. I refused to send more money and was told that I would be refunded the 709.11 plus the cost of sending them the money.I never received the refund. now the phone number is no longer in service.

Comments

ChoicePoint Funding Financial Group - fraudulent activities
    Bloomfield
    Connecticut
    Phone: 860-888-4487

I spoke with a loan consultant named Tracey Adkins who told me I was approved for a $10, 000.00 loan. They sent me the loan documents by e-mail and gave me the fax number to send it to. I was then told by ms. adkins that I would have to pay $900 on the loan to secure it in to protect the company. I told her I didn't have $900. She said I could pay $400 and then I would receive the funds in my bank account. And when I get the funds, I would need to send the remaining $500 to the company. I sent $400 by money gram to another individual who is allegedly a representative of Choicepoint which cost $22.92 to send by this method. Another representative named Michael McDonough, called me the next day and said I have to pay the $900 even though I was told something different then Ms. adkins. He told me he would refund me the money I have by certified check within 3-5 business days. I have been calling the telephone number given to me and it is now not in service. I don't believe I am going to get my $400 back and feel as if I've been scammed. I don't know which way to turn. Please help me. My work # is 860-513-3835. Thank you.

• Da
    ChoicePoint Funding Financial Group - Paid over $1000 dollars for a Secure Loan
    Choicepoint Funding Financial Group
    887 2nd Avenue
    New York
    New York
    Phone: 1-888-524-1114
    choicepffg.com

I asked for my money back several times within a 3 week period and no one would ever call me back. When I did speak to someone I was the one who intiate the phone call. A lady by the name of Cassandra Powell is the person that was suppose to be my loan rep. She called me only 3 times after I had given heavy demands for a feed back or update status of my loan. She eventually went cold by not calling me back at all and then I spoke with a gentlemen by the name of Michael McDonald, do not know if he is real or not, but I spoke with him about having problems getting my money back because the loan was never given to me. I told him was no longer interested in the loan because it was taking far too long and I requested a return of my money. I tried several more times to call and now the phones say goodbye only, no more answering service like they use to have.

• Da
      1st of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with your situation. I have been railed road by this company. No one ever return phone calls and now I can't even pull up their website or call them, everything has been turn off.

Thanks,
    David

• Su
      10th of Oct, 2008

I wrote the complaint. Is there anything I can do to recover this money.

• Co
      20th of Oct, 2008

Scammed too, out of $1100 I did not have. Was borrowing money to cover surgey expenses and used $1100 of my savings to pay them. Now postponing surgery I needed to have done because of these ###s. Talked with same Tracey Adkins and couple other ###ed people. But I vow to make sure I stay on the complaints I have made on them until they are caught. If they can't get jobs and work for their money like normal people they deserve to rot in jail for taking advantage of people and taking money my health could not afford to give away. It sickens me and I hope when they meet their maker they can explain how greed took over their itty bitty minds!

• Co
      20th of Oct, 2008

was scammed by the same low lifes as you. Have filed comlaints with BBB, Attorney generals office of NY and IC3(?). I will continue to follow up on these and will do all I can in hopes they get caught and sit behind bars where they belong. I was borrowing money for surgery needed, so used part of money saved for it to send them, so now have that much less. They will have to live with their decision when time to meet their maker.