Choice Travel Pass/readers Choice / Unauthorized Charges

1 IN, United States Review updated:

I had been contacted to say that I had been chosen to receive a free vacation. I listened to the sales reps speil on this and all it was going to cost me was $4.95 and then $88.00 a month later, but I could cancel at any time before the month was up and then I would not be charged. He also went into a section where I would receive magazines and it was going to cost me so much each month, but before he got all the way through this I told him that I was not interested in the magazines and that I did not want to be signed up for that part and he told me that he would take my name off of that. I agreed to view the travel portion of the deal for the $4.95 and that was fine.

A couple of days later another rep contacted me again regarding the magazines, grocery coupons, and gas coupons that I could receive and that I was passing up a great deal. So I told him no, again, and then at that point told him to cancel my membership entirely, including the travel portion. He said that he would and I asked him if I needed any kind of confirmation code for cancelling it and he said no, that it would be taken care of. I asked him if I would be charged anything and he said no, that I had been cancelled.

Well this morning I go to balance my checkbook and notice that I was charged for $88.00 and another for $129.00, which I have no idea what that was for. The $88.00 was for the travel portion, which I was told what that amount would be, during the first phone call, but the $129.00???? I have no idea...

Well I tried to call the company, but got no answer of course, and I have emailed them, which Im sure will be just as successful. Has anyone ever gotten any refunds from this company? And if so, what did you have to do to be able to get this?

Tracy

Comments

Ab
  3rd of Aug, 2009

We are having the sameproblem but can't find the phone number for the company to even call them!! Is there anyway you can post it?? PLEASE!!! Thank you! I hope the problem resolves quickly~

Fr
  5th of Aug, 2009

My wife got talked into this deal a year ago with the promise of a free vacation, gas rebates, etc. So far, we got a $25 Walmart gift card, a $25 Shell gas card, a year's worth of Traveler magazine (which we never even look at because we're not interested in travel), and they tried to wheedle us into a vacation which would have ended up costing us hundreds if not thousands of dollars after all the hidden fees and taxes were paid.

A week ago I noticed that my bank account had been debited another $88. I dug up the old email with their phone number and called right away. I told them I wanted a refund, that we didn't want our membership renewed, and in fact had thought we had canceled it.

They said no, we hadn't canceled it (which we probably hadn't, for lack of the information necessary) and they couldn't give a refund since our renewal was already processed, however, they could cancel any future renewals.

Now yesterday my wife took another call from them, saying they will be sending us a free gift in the mail because of our recent purchase. She had all her guards up, not going to accept anything, give any information whatsoever. She said we don't want it, over and over again, but they wouldn't go away. Finally they tricked her into telling them our checking account number! Our toddler started screaming and the distraction confused her. This man said, "Let me confirm that we got this information right." And my wife thought, "Oh, they already have our information." And he read off a number, which was completely wrong. And my wife said, "No, it's (such and such a number)" and then she realized what had happened.

I plan to fight this, which is why I came online about it. The phone numbers we have are 1-800-917-5365, 1-800-917-5330, and 1-888-843-4009. I am currently collecting more information and planning my next step. We haven't had much success talking to them on the phone.

Pj
  23rd of Sep, 2009

I got a call as well. She took 3 of my credit card numbders, but wanted the bank visa card. I haven't tried to even get online to check out the service. I also did not take the magazines. Need to check things out better.
The 129.00, you should get a $100.00 gas voucher. Anyway, hope I don't loose a bunck of money.
p jojo

Bu
  13th of Oct, 2009

Hi I also got ripped off out of hundreds of dollars and i was told each magazine company would reiumburse me, then the magazine co.told me readers choice would ( NOT! ) i to received a gas card which i dont think worked.the walmart gift card which i think is the only thing that was true.then i received a charge of 88.00 which i did not know they took it out my account untill just yesterday, i called them and talked to the manager and was promised they would take it off my card and cancel all futher memberships.then i was told this was not the readers choice that ripped me off with the magazines, only the readers choice in colorado is more and likly the ones who ripped me off.but you can call this phone number and hope you to get your 88.00 back i am waiting for comfirmation..the number is 1-888-843-4009...the one for colorado i will get back with you all..Binngy

Gl
  18th of Dec, 2009

OMG!!! I had the same Company contact me and hit my card up for 1.95 then again a week latter charged me $88.00. I then canceled the card before they could charge me again. I'm filing a dispute because it was threw paypal and they didn't know that at the time. Thank God I found this site!! I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson about giving out your information. I sure have! May you all be refunded, and this company be brought to Justice.

Happy Holidays, and may the Season bring you joy to your, and warmth to your souls! The Dennison's

p.s. THEREADERSCHOICECOM 800-764-5148 CA
and>> WWWCHOICETRAVELPASSCOM SAN LUIS OBIS CA are the same Company. AND The claiming address is; >>
R. Alan Fox
e-mail at; alanfox@vacationstogo.com

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Fi
  24th of Dec, 2009

HAHAHAHAHA I WORK THERE!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE ###IN DUMB :D, WE JUST READ A SCRIPT AND IT'S YOUR DUMBASSES THAT LISTEN TO US HAHA

Maybe you shouldn't say yes to something you don't understand, ask a freakin question, say no, or just hang up the ###in phone. We don't give a ###, we're just gonna hang up and make fun of your goofy name or your weird accent hahaha. If your not interested, we'll find someone who is haha.

And hello it's not a scam if you agree to EVERYTHING WE'RE SAYING!

And btw it's easy to cancel, people do it everyday. They are the smart ones who listen to us and get the free gifts and cancel with no charges.

I LOVE MY JOB!!! I enjoy taking your money, giving free gifts (because I'm so nice to u all), and ruining dumb people's financial stability.

I'm the one who has to talk to you buttholes all day... Oh well at least I get paid BANK!!!

Haha peace ###!!