Choice Travel Pass / harassment and scams

Choice Travel Pass
Phone: ?
I'm being harassed. I recieved this email Congratulations
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. Your www.ChoiceTravelPass.com account has been set up through Readers' Choice. You will be able to use your membership Risk Free for 30 days. Please notify us before 12/12/2008 if you decide this membership isn't for you. Your annual membership fee of $88.00 will be billed to your American Express ending in 5143 on 12/12/2008.
I don't have an American Exprss card! I informed the caller of that and asked her not to call me again. She still does.
What should I do?

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
They have done the same thing to me and I told them they do not have permission to with drawl from my account and the charged the $88 and $129 to my account. Do you have a number for them?
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
Here's a number for you. Its the customer service number. 1-888-843-4009. I had to wait it seemed like 4 ever. But don't hang up. Hang in there. Hope u get this taken care of.
N  11th of Apr, 2009 by

Choice Travel Pass - Credit Card Charges
Choice Travel Pass and Choice Travel Card
Don't Know
San Luis Obispo
Phone: Don't Know

I was charged 129.00 and 88.00 on my credit card. I did not authorize this amount to be taken out. It was supposed to be for 4.95. and some information was to be sent to me via email and mail with my membership ID number and pass code. I never received anything. I was told I had a trail period and it I didnt like it to call the company and discontinue the membership. With no information or number I could not contact the company. I want my money refunded and to stop all further contact with this company.
N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. I cancel this subscription before I hanged up the phone and I was still billed $129.00 and 88.00 to my account.
N  12th of May, 2009 by
I just received a call informing me I'd been selected to receive a paid vacation plus $100 in gasoline vouchers. The only this I needed to do was preview 3 offers, be charged a one-time fee of 2.95 billed to my debit card and cancel within 7 days of receiving the package at my mailing address.

If I chose to continue the offers, which were described as "Travel Pass, " "ValuePass, " and "Home Appliance Protector, " I would be billed a per month charge of $29.95, $29.95 and $24.95 respectively.

I was taken through a recorded verification system in which I had to clearly state yes in agreement to the terms read (it sounded like a voice-modification device was used for the recorded voice!).

I WAS given three toll free numbers and was assured by the real person, "Jim, " that I could call and cancel at any time. The numbers are 1-866-682-7658, 1-866-684-3931 and 1-800-456-7576.

I called the first one immediately, and was told that I had reached "Orangewood Long Distance." They said they were not connected with TravelPass or ValuePass. The second number reached the same recording as the first, but before I could talk with a person, I was cut off with a message that I had "insufficient minutes for this call" (!).

Only the third number was what was promised and the gentleman I talked to told me that I was not in the system yet, that sometimes it would take up to a week, to call back then.

I don't know if this is the same scam, but I plan to put a hold on my card tomorrow.
A  10th of Jun, 2009 by
Thanks for the heads up I received a call from them today and decline thank you again.
These people are awful.

I may go to small claim court.

They tape you and then play it back.

Trips are to awful places like Vegas or dull Hawaii.

People like this should be in Jail

Write to Better Business Bureau at their home in San Luis Obispo

Go to Small Claims Court

Fight matter with your Visa or Charge Card

They are a con game.

On the $1000 free gas you have to save all receipts and then submit! That is a lot of gas. Do the math.

Today is June 19 and they are pushing trips to HOT HOT Las Vegas (110 Degrees) or the Bahamas.
Call Kyle Morris at 1 800 917-5554

He is manager.

Ask for the name of their legal counsel.

Tell them you want to serve summons with your lawyer.

Be careful to note there are two date to end 30 days on one and 45 on another.

This is confusing.

They made me listen to tape.

I raised a lot of questions.

One $119 charge is for a lot of junk mags you can get from the coupon in the mag. Do not fall

for that.

And check out destinations. They send you to places that are OUT OF SEASON. Old people

fall for this.
A  5th of Jul, 2009 by
Heoll Y name is whatina hill The reason why writtting this letter. Beauce I Had close my account. But you had charged $129.00 puls $80.00 .
can I have A refunds. The the money you took out my account my a account is overdarwn out..So if you can help me with. So I couldnt use the figths, hotels. Thank you for all your help. July 05, 2009. 306 pm. whatinahill09@comcast.net
N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
have any of you don't you money back. they started to gave me the run around?
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by
They contacted me today before I read this board. I did not authorize anything except the 1.95 charge for shipping my materials for the free trip. I am calling them tomorrow. I am not pleased at all with what I have read.
A  6th of Jan, 2010 by
I agreed to them sending me some magazines a little over two years ago (I was 18 and stupid) and I had to close my debit account because they continually charged my card and my account reached negative levels. At the time I was without a job and had no way of paying. I continued to receive phone calls from them, their sales person told me I owed over $400 dollars for their service! I told him I refused to pay since I never use their services and I don't even read the magazines they send me, I asked them to immediately take me off their database, that I did not want to be part of it. I even sent a strongly worded letter to their company stating that I did not want to continue receiving their magazines. Its been well over a year since I spoke to them and I still receive their magazines, I continuously receive phone calls from a blocked number and I have reason to believe its them because they always request to speak with me. I don't know what to do about it anymore, and it really worries me. I feel very stupid for ever agreeing to any of it, but I refuse to pay for something of which I didn't fully understand or want. They trick you into accepting ridiculous offers, and they word things in a way you aren't sure what you're getting into. I'm very afraid of what this might do to my credit score. Should I just continue to ignore? and when will they stop? are they a legit company or just out to scam? any ideas or insights? please it would really help. I changed my checking account and bank, am I still at risk? Thanks, appreciate all the feedback.

Here are a few of their contact numbers:

If they call you or you see anything online DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING!! they are a scam and a ripoff and will suck you dry if you let them. Seriously if anyone at all out there can help me with tips I would be forever grateful.

N  12th of Mar, 2010 by
I want unsubscried I have been charged $88.00 and $89.00 at the same day, I call my bank and I open a case my bank told me that you wouldnt given credit, well I didn't order this I don't read even news paper. I want for you to be responsable and given credit and also you will be responsable for my negative in my account because of you charging me for something I didn't order. I want to hear from you on the next 24 hours if not my lawyer will be taking to you. I been calling yours 1800 number all the time the machine answer telling me the hours to call went I call no body peaks phone but only the answering machine.

P.S. / I need and answer asap.

THIS IS MY EMAIL jmal08@yahoo.com
N  5th of May, 2010 by

Choice Travel Pass - fraudulent transaction
Allen Hepworth Design
El Cajon

This company are making fraudulent transactions buy getting you agree to a trial period and then not sending the information so you can review it and cancel. Then when you call them after they have charged you credit card you get some arrogant customer service lady telling you they have proof the sent you an email because they use an independent agency (how convenient to avoid getting sued) These people really need to be prosecuted to the full degree of the law
N  27th of Apr, 2011 by

Choice Travel Pass - fraudulent transaction

My credit card has been charged $88 without my authorization. I was asked to look over the program but canceled it over a year ago and they still charged my account this month. What can I do? I have called them and I continuously get on hold and no one answers the phone.