Choice Hotelsno response from anyone re complaint filed

Stayed Fri Feb 10, 2017 at Sleep Inn in Austinburg Ohio, In middle of night at 2:00 wake to sound of scratching chewing between bed and nightstand. Every time I moved or looked the sound would stop. Eventually was able to turn light on quickly to discover a mouse that had pulled a candy bar wrapper off the nightstand. In the process I banged my forehead on corner of nightstand. I immediately went to the front desk informing the clerk what had happened and was offered no help. Finally I demanded another room and asked that the manager contact me first thing in the morning.. He agreed to the room and handed me an incident report that he wanted me to fill out. At this point I touched my forehead and discovered that I was bleeding from a 3 inch cut. The whole time he did not mention this nor did he offer first aid, a kleenex or ask if I was okay. My wife and daughter went to the new room to try to get some sleep while I stayed in the room with our belongings, computers, phones, etc. I set a trap using the garbage pail, the wrapper and a pillow and caught the rodent in hopes that it was the only one but soon discovered that there were more mice in the room Because of this I was forced to unpack all of our suitcases and bags and repack to ensure that we did not bring the rodents into or vehicle and home.

The manager did not contact me at 9:00 in the morning upon her arrival like I was told so at 10:00 I spoke to another front desk employee, Bonnie, who in turn spoke to the manager, Pamela Jenkins, by phone and informed me that the manager would be in soon and would call me. At 11:00 still no call so Bonnie contacted manager again and advised that if I signed up for the rewards card that she would authorize 10, 000 points to make up for my troubles and that the room charges would be returned. I did sign up. At 12:30 the manager was still a no show so I gave Bonnie my cell phone number and told her I still wanted to speak to the manager while still in town and would come back if necessary. I was told the manager would call so I gave her the mouse in the pail to be disposed of and checked out.

Ms Jenkins never did call on Sat while I was still in town nor did she call on Sun or Mon so I contacted Customer Service and filed a formal complaint (8704124) and was told that the issue would have to be dealt with by hotel manager and that she would call me within 72 hours. Still no call after 3 days passed so called back to complaints office only to find out that Ms Jenkins got complaint and instead of calling as requested or emailing she sent a letter by mail to Canada. I told the supervisor in complaints that this was unacceptable and I wanted a phone call and gave her the number that I could be reached at. I was told that Mr Jenkins would contact me within 72 hours. Still no call after 3 days so I started calling the hotel and leaving messages, and still no call back. Eventually did speak to her and was given a number of excuses as to why she did not call and was told that she sent me a letter in the mail to but she could not remember the contents of the letter as to what resolution has been offered and claimed that the room was checked and there was no sign on mice and questioned the validity of my complaint . I informed her that had taken pictures of mouse droppings and video of the mouse I caught in the room. She wanted me to send her the pictures and video. I advised her that based on her dismissive attitude I would wait for the letter to view the contents before doing anything further.

It has now been almost a month and I have yet to receive anything nor have the points offered been added to the Choice Privileges account. .

Since a supervisor at Choice Hotels customer service complaints informed me that they are unable to help since the hotels are privately owned I would like a name and email contact of someone at JSM Group LLC in Edison NJ who I can speak to.

Thanks

;

Mar 9

to grdesk
Hello Stephanie

After our conversation yesterday I assume you contacted Ms Jenkins at the Sleep Inn to get info on the contents letter that she said she sent.

She called me today to advise me that she was cancelling a reservation she thought we had for tomorrow, March 10 and to inform me that we are no longer welcome at the Sleep Inn. She apparently mixed up our stay on Feb 10. She gave no explanation as to why but I can only assume that it is due to my complaint. Had we in fact had reservations and planned on staying there it seems quite rude that she would cancel our room with less than 24 hours notice to book somewhere else and to further ban my daughter Kelsey, since the original reservation was in her name, from Sleep Inns.

Please forward this to your supervisor or someone who has the authority to address this issue and cc me.

Thanks again

Apr 4

to grdesk
Hello Stephanie
Still have not got anything from Ms Jenkins nor have I heard from you

Apr 4

to ihelp
Hello

Is there someone who could contact me since I have had no response from the hotel manager or from anyone at grdesk

To