Choice Home Warranty / worst home warranty

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Choice Home Warranty is the worst home warranty service you will come across. Before even considering them read their agreement on their website which basically will not cover any of your appliances for the main reasons they would break down. Do not waster your money on this company check it out http://www.choicehomewarranty.com/user_agreement.php

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Jun, 2012

Choice Home Warranty has turned out to be a nightmare for me and my family. My air conditioner went out on us the Friday before Memorial Day. When I called for help they send out a substandard tech who told us it was a bad contactor but that they needed to order the part because they did not have it. They told me that it would not be till Tuesday because it was a weeekend and Monday was a holiday. All holiday weekend we had no air conditioner. Tuesday came and the contractor called and told me that no it was not a bad contactor and they would be sending the claim back to Choice for another tech because they did not know what was wrong. I called Choice and they kept telling me they could not find a tech to work on my system because it was a Lennox system. In all of my area they could not find anyone to work on a Lennox system! Can you believe that? I decided to find my own technician and had 3 different companies come out and tell me that my air conditioner was completely dead and needed to be replaced. I sent in to Choice the repair quote on Wednesday for the company that we wanted to have replace our system which was going to cost $3200.00 and they did not get back to me till Friday. When they finally reached a decision they denied my claim! Saying that I had not kept up my yearly maintenance on my unit which was not true as I had all the paperwork to prove that I maintenanced my system twice a year as required! Then they told me that because I had not used an authorized Lennox technician every time that i had voided the contract. Again not true! I finally wore myself out arguing with the claims adjuster and ended up having to pay for it myself! How do you know what Home Warranty company is honest and reliable? I would appreciate any suggestions anyone out there has.

• Fi
      1st of Jun, 2012

Choice Home Warranty is reaaly the worst in the world. I am still fighting with them. I will post more details. If you did not sign contract with them, you are still safe.

• Je
      18th of Jan, 2019

I have never felt so ripped off in my life. This company should be sued and quite frankly this is to warn everyone that is thinking of Home protection. They simply don't follow up and they certainly have more loop holes to sneak out of the agreements. It's sad so watch out and please do your research but do not use Choice Home Warranty.