Choice Home Warranty / will not repair covered item

1 244 Madison Ave.New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-531-5403

I have a policy with company and they denied service even though it is covered under my policy. Multiple phone calls and lack of explanation of why this was declined except for "it isn't covered". I have a "Total" package coverage and the ice maker on the refrigerator wasn't covered. $285 to repair at my cost even though I pay monthly for service.

STAY AWAY FROM

Website:
www.choicehomewarranty.com
Type of Business:
Appliances-Major-Service & Repair

Comments

• Jj
      9th of Apr, 2009

Yes - this company is a scam. If it isn't too late, get the money back through your credit card company. I have a group that I have invited you to join.

• Sf
      10th of Apr, 2009

I looked everywhere on the internet regarding Choice Home Warranty back in September 2008 to see if they company was legit. I didnt find anything. Now, after purchasing the warranty there are negative comments everywhere. I wish they had been there last year and I definately would have never purchased anything from them.

10th of Apr, 2009

I did my due diligence as well. I agree. There wasn't anything back then. My guess is that September or so of last year, is when they jumped on the scene...I have seen indications that they may be another scam with a new name.

20th of Apr, 2009

See my posting about the lawsuit. I have been invited to have my case heard on The People's Court, and I am looking for people to accompany me.

• Di
      22nd of May, 2009

This company is about the same: http://www.nationalhomeprotection.com/ they won't repair anything under contract.