Choice Home Warranty / terrible cust svc

IL, United States Review updated:

I called for help in the middle of a Winter freeze. My 1st claim. Well much to my surprise I received a little answering service eprson on the other line that explained that I had to wait until the office was opened because she didn't have any contact list for service on my furnace! WHAT?!?! So my family, (pregnant Dtr & child, and myself) were waiting for 4 hours in the cold for the main office to open. Luckily I guess it was a Friday when they will be open. When I finally got a call bk, the lady had me call a certain heating business that they supposably had a contract with. The heating business was at my home within 1 hour. They were great, BUT, said they were never contracted out with Choice Warranty. So when I had a second problem with the furnace, the very next day-guess what happened! I got the answering office again which told me to call back the main fofice on Monday. Again, WHAT!?!? We were suppose to wait from Sat morning until Monday when the office re-opens? I contacted the same heating business and told them to come out & I will pay the bill so we can have our heat back on. When I called Choice Warranty's office on Monday-it took me all day (from my workplace) and three diiferent phone calls to finally get someone to tell me how to cancel my policy. I found that there is a $50.00 administration fee to cancel and I had two policies with them. So my cost would be $100.00. WOW what a SCAM!! BEWARE and pass the word about this company. I am cancelling because of their poor business skills and I have to pay $100.00 to do so!!

Comments

6th of Apr, 2012

Please contact me if you have a problem with Choice Home Warranty. I will give you all my case numbers of open cases with the FCC, Texas Attorney General and NJ Attorney General. I have also been in contact with a couple of attorneys interested in a class action against this company because of NUMEROUS complaints logged against Choice Home Warranty.
    [protected]@gmail.com...together, we can shut this company down!!!

So, I have been given this number for you to call and there will be a person to answer the phone: 973-504-6200 . Tell them you want to file a complaint against Choice Home Warranty.

Richard Zitelli, Investigator