Choice Home Warranty / service scam

1 510 Thornall Street., Edison, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1(888)531-5403

I bought a two year contract with choice home warranty. I payed all at once rather then monthly payments. I had a issue with my broken microwave. Chw sent someone to my home who told me the microwave was broken by normal ware and tear and they would order a new one for me. Two weeks later I call chw to get a up date, they said they did not know who they sent to my house and for me to go ahead and hire my own contractor to do the work and they would repay me. The next day they called and said they found someone to come to my home and service me. The second man came told me the same this as the first. I waited two weeks once again for my new microwave, then called them for a up date. Then chw told me it was not covered because my microwave that had been working fine for 5 years had been wired incorrectly. I disputed this. Then chw sent me a email telling me it was not cover because it was a preexisting condition. I wanted to speak with a supervisor and I was told one would call me back in 24 hours. I was told this 4 different times. They has never called me back. Now I have been trying to cancel my service agreement with them for over 7 month now. I was told I had to send a letter of cancelation. I sent the same letter three time, the last time I sent it certified mail. Chw still tell me they have not received my letter. Once again I have been told a supervisor will call me in 24 hours.in there contract it states I am entitled to a pro rata refund. So I guess the longer they wait the more money they get to keep??? This company has the worst customer service,,, actually no customer service at all. I believe they are a scam.

Comments

• Le
      3rd of Apr, 2011

I'm having the same exact problem as we speak..I also paid them in full for the year contract. Upon calling in my first claim for my wash machine there was BS from the start. The first Tech informed me that he dosen't service my area which CHW is well informed of. The Second Tech came to my home took my $45 service call fee and never came back to service my wash machine. The third Tech that CHW referred informed me that he had issues with CHW and would call me ounce he cleared things up with CHW. He never called and in total I have been dealing with this disaster for going on 3 weeks. So after countless phone calls to CHW only to receive fake apologies, insensitive agents, extremely unprofessional so-called Managers...I am drained and scammed out of $435 for the year. I'm pissed beyond belief! I'm convinced CHOICE HOME WARRENTY ARE CROOKS!

• Ci
      4th of Apr, 2011

Maybe we should start a class action law suite. I'm very angry as well. I payed for two years.

9th of Apr, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

The details of these situations are not representative of the normal Choice Home Warranty customer experience and we sincerely regret our customers’ frustration and discomfort.

We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors and employees. We take customer feedback very seriously.

At Choice Home Warranty, our focus is on quality... providing quality home-warranty products to our customers, following up with quality customer service when our homeowners contact us, building quality business relationships with our contractors, and ensuring quality work from our contracted technicians. We do not and have not ever encouraged contractors to deny customer claims.

In addition to evaluating customer feedback, we continually evaluate our contractors’ performance, responsiveness, cost, and other factors to ensure these partnerships are fair and beneficial to all parties involved: our customers, our contractors, and our company.

Choice Home Warranty is always in full compliance with its terms & conditions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact help [at] choicehomewarranty.com (please reformat the e-mail address properly. We guarantee a response within 5 business days. We are here to help you!