Choice Home Warranty / do not buy choice home warranty

Bend, OR, United States

Do not buy choice home warranty! Choice home warranty is a poorly run company and doesn't deliver on its promises. Our air conditioner quit working and they assigned a service provider to come out to our house. When we called to make an appointment, the service provider hadn't heard of choice. When we did get a technician out, he diagnosed the problem, it took some time to get approved by choice, then he repaired the motor.in checking the motor once it was installed, the compressor burned out. Choice won't pay for that because it was not diagnosed on the first call. When we have called choice to try and get clarity, or try and get responses for approvals, we had to wait on the phone for hours. During the time on hold, you listen to a running conversation about how choice provides a quality customer experience. Yesterday I timed my wait time; when I initially called, the recording said I had to wait 36 minutes (Quality customer service?). I actually talked to someone 1 hour, 3 minutes & 13 seconds later. At which time, my claim was denied. They had sent me an email asking to call about my claim - they couldn't say in an email that the claim was denied? Also, you cannot talk to anyone to complain unless you are put back into the phone tree and wait up to an hour to talk to someone who can't help anyway. They do not provide any customer service! The company obviously doesn't want to hear complaints.

Ru