Choice Home Warranty / customer service

May 19, 2015
Choice Home Warranty
Your sales representative Ezra phone number [protected] needs to take customer services classes. He's rude and very unprofessional to his customers. No wonder so many bad reviews on this company. I do not want to be associated with this company if they employ people of the nature. He hung up in my face! When I called him back, he picked up and hung the phone up. Horrible, horrible service and unacceptable!

N  31st of Oct, 2009 by

Choice Home Warranty - RIPOFF
CHOICE Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty is the biggest scam in the business. Please do your reviews on this company before doing any business with them. They Do not pay the homeowners bills after collecting their insurance money and the appliance business is forced to make the home owner pay
A  14th of Apr, 2010 by
You are not the only one with problems from this company. Please check out my group - Choice Home Warranty Claims.
N  17th of Aug, 2010 by

Choice Home Warranty - Work not covered
New Jersey

All you have to do is check this site for complaints on this so called "company". All is true, no matter what the ceo, Mr. Moss says.
This is a backroom card scam. Even the techs who came out warned me about them. Hey, the Better Business B gave them an F. Protect yourself people and read the complaints on this site!
N  5th of Aug, 2011 by

Choice Home Warranty - Scam, Liars, Cheats, Fraud
New Jersey

Choice told me I had only been with them for five months and therefore they did not want to cover the large expense of an airconditioner. Then they play games with the maintanence records. They are such scam artists. I wish I had read this complaint board before signing up with them. I hope others do not fall into the horrible trap I did. They make a lot of promises in the end that are frauds.
A  16th of Sep, 2011 by
This is from the New Jersey website for Choice Home Warranty:

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Choice Home Warranty's rating include:
Length of time business has been operating.
428 complaints filed against business
6 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s).

According to information in BBB files, the business was previously headquartered at 244 Madison Avenue in New York City. As of May 2009, that location has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB serving Metropolitan New York due to a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.

Prior to May 2009, BBB serving New Jersey has processed no complaints against the location in Edison, NJ.
N  29th of Nov, 2011 by

Choice Home Warranty - non-payments
choice home warranty
New Jersey

performed labor and materials on 14 work orders and never was paid. checks always in the mail. whenever i stopped taking service orders, they said that terminates the contract and it forfeits all money due.beware
A  5th of Jan, 2012 by
Yup... we got taken the same way... but we stopped after two of them that were not paid !! Forwarded the homeowner to collection. Hated to do it.. but we are in the business of making money !
A  28th of Jan, 2012 by
Contact the NJ Attorney General's Office and file a complaint. They have a file open and are helping me with my complaint. If we all do this; we can put this company out of business.
N  14th of Feb, 2012 by

Choice Home Warranty - Dishonorable Piece of Crap!
Choice Home Warranty

Their warranty documents indictate that we had wait 30 days before making a claim. Well, we did - our water heater died yesterday.. 37 days after getting the contract began. Those idiots are trying to say it's only 7 days valid! They are a scam!!! We've paid two installments, but are cancelling this junk and reporting them to every media we can, including the BBB!!!
A  7th of Mar, 2012 by
Thanks.The same thing happened to me.I'm very upset.
A  6th of Apr, 2012 by
Please contact me if you have a problem with Choice Home Warranty. I will give you all my case numbers of open cases with the FCC, Texas Attorney General and NJ Attorney General. I have also been in contact with a couple of attorneys interested in a class action against this company because of NUMEROUS complaints logged against Choice Home Warranty.
fallcolor10@gmail.com...together, we can shut this company down!!!

So, I have been given this number for you to call and there will be a person to answer the phone: 973-504-6200 . Tell them you want to file a complaint against Choice Home Warranty.

Richard Zitelli, Investigator
FAX# 973-648-4595
e-mail: e-commerce@dca.lps.state.nj.us
N  9th of Apr, 2012 by
To Whom It May Concern:

The details of these situations are not representative of the normal Choice Home Warranty customer experience and we sincerely regret our customers’ frustration and discomfort.

We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors and employees. We take customer feedback very seriously.

At Choice Home Warranty, our focus is on quality... providing quality home-warranty products to our customers, following up with quality customer service when our homeowners contact us, building quality business relationships with our contractors, and ensuring quality work from our contracted technicians. We do not and have not ever encouraged contractors to deny customer claims.

In addition to evaluating customer feedback, we continually evaluate our contractors’ performance, responsiveness, cost, and other factors to ensure these partnerships are fair and beneficial to all parties involved: our customers, our contractors, and our company.

Choice Home Warranty is always in full compliance with its terms & conditions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact help [at] choicehomewarranty.com (please reformat the e-mail address properly. We guarantee a response within 5 business days. We are here to help you!
N  8th of Sep, 2012 by

Choice Home Warranty - Not honoring the contract
New Jersey

AC leak was detected and their technician says it has nothing to do with rust but they are claiming since it is rusted they din't cover it. Having read now hundreds of complaints this appears to be the same they run.
N  8th of Sep, 2012 by
I do not know what else to tell you. But go post your question at debtor boards dot com.
A  24th of Jan, 2013 by
Agree, My heater fan has some issues. Technician said he has to replace a new one and has to place the order for the part.
Choice said not approved as it is RUSTED. I sent the photos to them saying No rust at all on the fan. after 2 weeks they ordered the fan. Parts not came yet . This is Fourth week . December last week to Jan last week in NJ weather... How can we live in this winter?
Fortunately I had some back up plan and I am technical, So I had some temporary quick fix.
I want to be out of this insurance soon.
A  4th of Feb, 2013 by
Put us on the Choice Home WARRANTY SUCKER List!!! Our Company has had the same experience-- and it's NATION WIDE--- So, beware service contractors!!!
N  8th of Dec, 2015 by
This will NOT get them off my emails and it continually send this to me. I never read, this try to erase them but they figure out how to do this all the time.

Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty