Choice Home Warranty / ron stillman

1 CT, United States Review updated:

Please do NOT choose Choice Home Warranty for your home. They are a huge scam and do not live up to ANY of their contract obligations. Ron Stillwater is the primary focus of our dispute.

Our hot water heater broke after only 3 months in the house. Ron explained that they required 5 years of proof that we had drained the heater bi-yearly. Of course, we just bought the house - how could we have that.

Ron would not return our phone calls for three days. When we did get a hold of him, he was rude, swore at me, lied blatently to me and never covered the water heater.

I dealt with numerous people at Choice Home Warranty, but ultimately, they always put me to Ron Stillman - and I cannot convey this strongly enough - could care less about our situation or the contract they were supposed to honor. As my finished basement was flooding, he told the plumbers to leave as 'it will be days before we can approve or deny the work'. The plumbers were so amazed - they stopped working with Choice. Then my realtor heard about this - they no longer work with Choice. Thanks for reading and please heed my advice - you will pay for absolutely nothing and get insulted by the management when you attempt a claim. Also, their website says 24/7. Unless24/7 means M-F from 9:30 - 5:00pm, they sure - the rest of the time is an answering service which simply sends your message the next working business day (so bless you if you have any problems after 5 on a friday).

An

Comments

16th of Feb, 2009

Actually, his name is Ron Stillwater. And by far the rudest and most angry customer service person i have ever had the displeasure of speaking with.

• Jj
      6th of Mar, 2009

I could go on about this company, but all anyone needs to know is EVERYTHING THAT WAS POSTED HERE IS TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE...NOT ONLY SHOULD YOU BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, BUT YOU SHOULD RUN AWAY QUICKLY...DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT THEY SAY TO YOU IF IT MEANS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO PAY A DIME OUT OF THEIR POCKET...

• Jj
      10th of Mar, 2009

I have created a user group Choice Home Warranty Claims, please come and join if you have experienced difficulties with this company.