Choice Home Warranty / business practice

1 Plano, TX, United States

I was contacted by Choice Home Warranty with a very good offer for 6 years of coverage. I told the representative Tim Davis, I would like to review the contract with my husband and would call back if we accepted. He was insistent that I had nothing to loose and coverage would not start for 30 days and I had that time to review. He failed to mention the $50.00 cancellation fee noted in the contract. My husband and I reviewed and compared the coverage to our previous American Home Shield contract only to realize the coverage was terrible. Then we saw all the complaints on this company and obviously did not want to keep the coverage. I called the next day to try and cancel and it was a nightmare. They keep you on hold a really long time so I sent a request to the manager via email to cancel with no response. I called back and same thing, on hold 30 plus. When I finally told them this would be my last call and I would be disputing the charge with my credit card company they finally agree to cancel the coverage but it appears they are keeping the $50.00 cancellation fee. Although the charge showed up on my credit card immediately, it takes 15-30 days for the credit. Sam and Lewis were the managers I were dealing with and once Lewis finally confirmed he would cancel the policy he just hung up on me. This company is just trying to rip people off.

Su