[Resolved] Choice Franchise / Breach of Franchise Agreement

5 South Africa Review updated:

I bought a Roofing franchise last year in May, through the franchisor, Alan Hurlin. We have been in business for 1 year and two months, and I found out that Mr Hurlin had instructed his employees to take my business leads, we were paying Mr Hurlin for, and to do these jobs for these clients who happened to be located in our franchised area. However, Mr Hurlin signed a Franchise agreement with me promising not to open another Choice Franchise in the same area as our franchised area. However he has been performing jobs in our franchised area for over a year now, behind our backs. we have now left the franchise, as I will not have dealings with a dishonest person as Mr Hurlin is. I hope clients think twice before they do business with a dishonest man such as Alan Hurlin. If you are looking to buy a franchise, do not buy Choice Franchise as you will have leads taken away from you too, as we did, although we paid for ours.

• Resolution statement

Choice Franchise customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Sa

Comments

• Ra
      Nov 21, 2009

Such scams in franchising are not uncommon; far from it. And prospective investors into franchise systems need to become aware that their is much more at stake then they would mostly ever realize. There are serious reasons to perform an extremely high level of due diligence before signing any franchise contract. But what is effective due diligence in franchising? Search www.bluemaumau.org and find out.

• Hu
      Jun 27, 2012

This complaint was posted as a result of a hear-say comment made by an ex-employee. The only time inquiries were held back, is when she decided to leave the franchise and stopped paying the monthly management fee.