Choice Africa Phonecard / scam charges

1 New Zealand Review updated:

I purchased the Choice Africa Nz phone card in Auckland New Zealand with the understanding that calling rate to Nbi (Kenya) was about $.095 a minute. This was shown to me on a chart at the store where I purchased the card. when trying to make my first call from a cellular i was informed i had only 16 minutes, the call went thru but the communication was poor and discontinued (After 30 secs) trying calling again from a pay phone i was informed i had only 2 mins. this cards are a scam and a rip off!!! am back to Afro Asia which is reliable and at least their 40 min are truly 40 min ( imagine this other card advertised 301 min to Nbi when they could only do 3 min!!! shame on them!!!)

De

Comments

• Wi
      14th of Mar, 2010

I have Choice Africa too.
    At least they tell you how much time you have for your money. Sometimes that is not enough and I notice or I have been charged at higher rate anyway. If I complain they nearly always refund the charge, but the calls to Customer Services take forever (wastes about 30 min!).
    And they just cannot get me through to a business number in Botswana-- I have been trying for months. They always deny that it is their fault
    However they are cheaper than most cards.

• La
      3rd of Nov, 2011

Hiya...I have choice Samoa too, my card numba is 6409766753 I cal da number nd said 27minz bt ans machine said nt enuf crdtz to continue I didnt rich to da person I wan to talk coz my crdt keep run owt coz of dat matter plz can u check owt ur system if is ok to use coz waste my tym nd also money...if dat matter is continue to happen hope wil sort it make both side agree, can u refund my $10 or top me up again coz is not my fault is ur system not working properly...eniwei hope wil fixed it nd I continuely use ur service al da tym...however have a lovely dae...