Chipotle Mexican Grill / unsefa food

1 WA, United States Review updated:

My daughter and I had lunch at this location on 1-4-09. It was the first time my daughter had been to one of Chipotle's restaurants. We both ordered burritos and dined in the restaurant. About half way through her burrito, my daughter bit into an extremely sharp rock that was in her burrito. The rock was between 1-4" to 1-2", in other words easily seen by those preparing the food. It is the most dangerous object that I have ever seen in any food. We immediately informed the staff at the restaurant. The manager was not present so we could not speak directly to them. We have followed up with the District Manager who directed their insurance company, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc to contact us. To make matter worse, they offered a coupon for a free burrito. We have written to the head office in Denver, CO and have not even had the decency of a reply. This company does not have high food standards and does not care about the health of their customers.

An

Comments

• Be
      26th of Jul, 2009

the company uses organic local foods (not processed foods) which while having its advantages, also has its downside. some of their foods, like the cilantro (which is probably where the rock came from) come prewashed by the company that picks and bags the food.

• Ab
      29th of May, 2010

On my son's bithday (5-29-10, 5P.M) we went to Chipotle in Hampton, VA. We had been ther numerous times.This day was different all the food portioned so small that the burrito bowl seem very large, and the food in it did not even come even with top of the carboard container and there was open space on the sides of the bowls.I had the crist tacos, the amount of meat was so small that they tried to fill it with cheese and lettuce.I went back from my table to show one of the employee the very small amount of meat. A woman acting as he manager came over and look and said "we serve 4oz.of meat on tacos". I asked if wanted to wieght the meat, she kept repeating, we use 4oz. of meat. I told her I would pay more, to get more meat, so I would not have to search for the in the tacos. One of the other employees said, o.k. . |The acting maneger kept reapting only 4oz.s. So i said forget it, and left. They are either cutting down on portions or trying to get rid of customers. I am sad that a once great place, that I have eaten in around the country has come to this.

• Am
      20th of Jul, 2010

On a day like any other in Manhattan with my two sitters and my mother (cuz I am 13) we decided to go to chipotle because it is awesome. so we ordered two burritos. The problem was the food was INSANELY watery I mean really my burrito was like 50 percent water. also we got ripped for the amount of meat we got we had gotten like a forkfull of meat in one burrito and that is queer so I tell the woman we need more meat and she looks at me and says No comprende. Yea that's believable. So we tell the manager and he says he didn't see how much meat she put in the burritos so he could do anything when we sat down and started to eat there was a hair in my burrito and a big white piece of plastic in the other one.

22nd of Mar, 2011

I wish, that the American mentality was logical enough to recognize that a restaurant with true caliber and care for human and environmental welfare, might also have minor faults that, in life, are unavoidable. Chipotle is, at great lengths, one of the most progressive and impressive restaurants in the country, and it surely will become the restaurant of the future, or, it it does not, America's future looks incredibly grim. I hope to all of you, taking it upon yourselves to bring down one of the only restaurants with human and environmental welfare in mind, wake up and realize that if we do not begin to support businesses like this, who challenge the fabric of the typical American food system by purchasing safely and intelligently (not merely by a monetary standpoint), we will not survive as a nation for much longer.

• Mr
      28th of Dec, 2011

We places an order for lunch
    Here is your Chipotle contact info:
    2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Chicago, IL 60639
    Phone: 773.745.3912
    Pickup Time: 12:30 PM
    THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE DURING MY LUNCH TIME I ONLY HAVE ONE HOUR IT TAKES ME 30 MINUTES TO GO AND COME BACK DURING THAT TIME OF DAY. WHEN I ARRIVE TO CHIPOTLES THEY TELL ME THEIR POWER IS OUT AND THAT THEY WERE NOT OPEN. NEVER GOT A PHONE CALL OR ANYTHING. THIS IS AN INCONVINIENCE TO CUSTOMERS WHO PLAN THEIR LUNCHES AND TIME IS IMPORTANT I ALWAYS ORDER FROM THIS PLACE AT LEAST ONE OR TWICE A MONTH AND OUR ORDER IS NOT CHEAP OR LITTLE!!!

• Sr
      28th of Dec, 2011

chipotle is the BEST!!!

13th of Jan, 2012

MY FRIEND AN I WORKED IN CHIPOTLE, THINGS WERE GOOD AT THE BEGINING BUT ONCE THEY CHANGED THE MANAGEMENT THING WERE HORRIBLE, WE TOLD THEM MANY TIMES AND MANAGERS IGNORED US COMPLETELY AFTER MONTHS PEOPLE LEFT SINCE THEY WERE NO AGREE WITH THE MANAGEMENT WE LOST GOOD WORKERS AND IF THEY KEEP DOING THAT I DON, T KNOW WHERE CHIPOTLE IT, S GONNA END..ITS SUFFERING LACK OF GOOD SERVICE, LACK OF ENGLISH SPEAKERS AND THE ENVIROMENT IS STRESSING ONCE YOU GET THERE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!HOPING THINGS CHANGE FOR OTHERS...NOT EVEN FOR ME BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT THE CORPORATION DO SOMETHING I HAD ALOT OF GREAT CUSTUMERS THAT I WILL MISS DALLAS TX CHIPOTLE CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY AND 75!!!MANAGERS...JOCELIO SOBRINHO AND DOLORES RENOVATO