Chipotle Mexican Grill / unsefa food

1 WA, United States Review updated:

My daughter and I had lunch at this location on 1-4-09. It was the first time my daughter had been to one of Chipotle's restaurants. We both ordered burritos and dined in the restaurant. About half way through her burrito, my daughter bit into an extremely sharp rock that was in her burrito. The rock was between 1-4" to 1-2", in other words easily seen by those preparing the food. It is the most dangerous object that I have ever seen in any food. We immediately informed the staff at the restaurant. The manager was not present so we could not speak directly to them. We have followed up with the District Manager who directed their insurance company, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc to contact us. To make matter worse, they offered a coupon for a free burrito. We have written to the head office in Denver, CO and have not even had the decency of a reply. This company does not have high food standards and does not care about the health of their customers.

• Connchad's Response, Aug 03, 2017

Just have fresh food and better service

• Georgia Reyes's Response, Mar 14, 2018

March 11, 2018, the shop in San Fernando, California, 91340, around 8:30 pm.

We ordered two veggie bowls and my daughter and I were both sick yesterday. It seems we were given the bottom of the barrel of the produce on that night.

• polaquito5511's Response, Jun 21, 2018

the manager on the floor i was so repugnant because i ask her the different price of cup and she was repulsive to me, i speak with the store manager i but her and she nonstop be gross, i need she be change her-self to be profesional.

unsefa food
An

Comments

• Be
      26th of Jul, 2009

the company uses organic local foods (not processed foods) which while having its advantages, also has its downside. some of their foods, like the cilantro (which is probably where the rock came from) come prewashed by the company that picks and bags the food.

• Ab
      29th of May, 2010

On my son's bithday (5-29-10, 5P.M) we went to Chipotle in Hampton, VA. We had been ther numerous times.This day was different all the food portioned so small that the burrito bowl seem very large, and the food in it did not even come even with top of the carboard container and there was open space on the sides of the bowls.I had the crist tacos, the amount of meat was so small that they tried to fill it with cheese and lettuce.I went back from my table to show one of the employee the very small amount of meat. A woman acting as he manager came over and look and said "we serve 4oz.of meat on tacos". I asked if wanted to wieght the meat, she kept repeating, we use 4oz. of meat. I told her I would pay more, to get more meat, so I would not have to search for the in the tacos. One of the other employees said, o.k. . |The acting maneger kept reapting only 4oz.s. So i said forget it, and left. They are either cutting down on portions or trying to get rid of customers. I am sad that a once great place, that I have eaten in around the country has come to this.

• Am
      20th of Jul, 2010

On a day like any other in Manhattan with my two sitters and my mother (cuz I am 13) we decided to go to chipotle because it is awesome. so we ordered two burritos. The problem was the food was INSANELY watery I mean really my burrito was like 50 percent water. also we got ripped for the amount of meat we got we had gotten like a forkfull of meat in one burrito and that is queer so I tell the woman we need more meat and she looks at me and says No comprende. Yea that's believable. So we tell the manager and he says he didn't see how much meat she put in the burritos so he could do anything when we sat down and started to eat there was a hair in my burrito and a big white piece of plastic in the other one.

22nd of Mar, 2011

I wish, that the American mentality was logical enough to recognize that a restaurant with true caliber and care for human and environmental welfare, might also have minor faults that, in life, are unavoidable. Chipotle is, at great lengths, one of the most progressive and impressive restaurants in the country, and it surely will become the restaurant of the future, or, it it does not, America's future looks incredibly grim. I hope to all of you, taking it upon yourselves to bring down one of the only restaurants with human and environmental welfare in mind, wake up and realize that if we do not begin to support businesses like this, who challenge the fabric of the typical American food system by purchasing safely and intelligently (not merely by a monetary standpoint), we will not survive as a nation for much longer.

• Mr
      28th of Dec, 2011

We places an order for lunch
    Here is your Chipotle contact info:
    2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Chicago, IL 60639
    Phone: 773.745.3912
    Pickup Time: 12:30 PM
    THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE DURING MY LUNCH TIME I ONLY HAVE ONE HOUR IT TAKES ME 30 MINUTES TO GO AND COME BACK DURING THAT TIME OF DAY. WHEN I ARRIVE TO CHIPOTLES THEY TELL ME THEIR POWER IS OUT AND THAT THEY WERE NOT OPEN. NEVER GOT A PHONE CALL OR ANYTHING. THIS IS AN INCONVINIENCE TO CUSTOMERS WHO PLAN THEIR LUNCHES AND TIME IS IMPORTANT I ALWAYS ORDER FROM THIS PLACE AT LEAST ONE OR TWICE A MONTH AND OUR ORDER IS NOT CHEAP OR LITTLE!!!

• Sr
      28th of Dec, 2011

chipotle is the BEST!!!

13th of Jan, 2012

MY FRIEND AN I WORKED IN CHIPOTLE, THINGS WERE GOOD AT THE BEGINING BUT ONCE THEY CHANGED THE MANAGEMENT THING WERE HORRIBLE, WE TOLD THEM MANY TIMES AND MANAGERS IGNORED US COMPLETELY AFTER MONTHS PEOPLE LEFT SINCE THEY WERE NO AGREE WITH THE MANAGEMENT WE LOST GOOD WORKERS AND IF THEY KEEP DOING THAT I DON, T KNOW WHERE CHIPOTLE IT, S GONNA END..ITS SUFFERING LACK OF GOOD SERVICE, LACK OF ENGLISH SPEAKERS AND THE ENVIROMENT IS STRESSING ONCE YOU GET THERE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!HOPING THINGS CHANGE FOR OTHERS...NOT EVEN FOR ME BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT THE CORPORATION DO SOMETHING I HAD ALOT OF GREAT CUSTUMERS THAT I WILL MISS DALLAS TX CHIPOTLE CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY AND 75!!!MANAGERS...JOCELIO SOBRINHO AND DOLORES RENOVATO

• Pe
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Burrito unfolding while eating it
    Van Nuys
    California

I ordered a double stacked chicken burrito and it wasn't properly folded when I started eating it started to unfold it was very good but I wasn't satisfied by it unfolding .

• Rb
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - toco's
    Countryside
    Illinois

I just ordered taco's to go. I watched her prepare them, however when I got back to my business I saw a dead fly in one of my taco's. I therefore disposed of the entire meal. This is the first time I've experienced a problem but it ruined my lunch. The restaurant was at 5801 s lagrange rd. Countryside Il. 60525

• Po
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Service
    Wheaton
    Maryland

the manager on the floor, speak repugnant to me, when a asky her the different price of cup for drink and she was so repulsive to me.
    i speak with the store manager splaint abu her, but a need she change her-self and be profesional.

• Ye
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Chipotle
    Rockville
    Connecticut

Didn't put what I wanted. Also put a little amount, and weren't to nice. I asked them to put a little more but didn't listen. Workers seem a little rude and weren't working together. Service was also to long, took some time to get my order.

• Je
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Food
    New York

The beans were raw two days in a row. The fajitas were not done. My whole break was me waiting for my food

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Online order wrong food
    Bloomington
    California

Had an online order today picked up in store that the burrito i got had no guacamole, which costs extra and lettuce that was not ordered. When getting home and realizing it's wrong it's too late to bring it back.

• Al
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Management
    Miami
    Florida

The chipotle in Westchester is the worst one I have ever been too. I went yesterday around 5 and The management is terrible especially the two who wear their hair in braids. Kourtni is very rude and I will not ever be visiting that location again. There was a blond hair in my food and all the employees looked upset.

16th of Aug, 2018
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - I am complaining about how when I went to chipotle at 9:47 pm and they doors were locked and they close at 10:00pm.
    Lafayette
    Louisiana

I went to chipotle at 9:47 pm and the doors were locked we knocked on the door they said were close for the rest of the and that all the food was gone for the ready of the day.

• Et
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Overcharged for my food
    White plains, New York
    New York

I was charged three times for purchasing a barbacoa bowl and was only refunded the amount once.

• Ti
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - bad phone order service. i want my money back
    Pelham
    New York

Please call 3473931602!!! a.S.A.P . Phone order that was placed order was all messed up. Burrito wrap was open all the food was cold and order placed was wrong . Service was terrible.

• Er
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Chicken quesadilla and a chicken guacamole bawl
    Ashburn
    Virginia

First let me star by saying we love chipotle, but tonight is our worst visit to this place.. my quesadilla had only 6 pieces of chicken and like 7 pieces in our bawl, employees were rude cashier did not put attantion to us he was talking with someone else.. this is my last visit to this place

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Food
    San Marcos, Texas
    Texas

I ordered a bowl at chipotle with the honey vingergrete sauce and I poured it over my bowl and just had to throw it away because there was insanse amount of salt, there was also left over salt sitting in my dressing cup. It was a gross how much salt there was just sitting in the cup

• Ge
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Use of old vegetables in your meal preparations.
    San Fernando
    California

We purchased two veggies bowls last night (March 12, 2018) at your location in San Fernando, CA. it was after 8:30 pm. We brought them home and ate them both today we are both very sick to our stomachs. We believe it was the vegetables that we used to make our bowls.

Georgia Reyes