Chipotle Mexican Grill - 1200 Walnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19107 / unethical behavior

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States

I told the cashier I got a steak quesadilla, but asked to be charged for a steak burrito. The manager walked over angrily to the register, refunded the already charged steak quesadilla, and charged me for a steak burrito with no explanation. I ended up with 2 receipts, one for the steak quesadilla which indicated on the receipt that it was refunded in cash, and another receipt charged for a steak burrito. I got frustrated because I received no cash for the refunded products when on the receipt it clearly stated that it was refunded in cash. By this point, I got so frustrated I asked for a refund for both purchases. I will wait for my credit card statements to see the refunds.

However, the most important question here is : Why I had to deal with a rude manager that gave me no explanation for additional charge?
Furthermore, when I tried to explain the situation to the manager, all the employees stated rude comments: 'it takes 2 business days for a refund' or 'you can just take the food and go'

Co