Chinese Voice.com / charges made while not attending online classes

1 Israel Review updated:

I have started a trial lesson period of 2 trail lessons of voice from beijing with some others
After the first session I realised I would not be able to make use of the said Live Learning experience and advised the coordinator that I would not be participating in the lessons any further.

I got an email which confirmed I did not attend the next class, but no acknowledgement of cancellation.

I was still charged on my credit card for lessons not attended after the 10 day trial period and received a email to say I should continue with classes as they will continue to charge my credit card with the total of $ 721 US dollars. there was only one trial lesson attended and that cost $ 68 dollars US already

Whilst I can agree to the trial lesson continued lesson charges charged from Israel and not china is improper and this is the way they look like taking money world wide.

This China Vioce is a racket and this has been demonstrated.

I have advised my bank and they still were charging my credit card once the bank had been advised this I will take up with my bank

NO none should get involved with eTeacherGroup.com any where in the world

They have both chinese and hebrew classes running at present

check their websites, you will see everything but the charges

Comments

• Ne
      10th of May, 2011

I am sorry to hear about this man's experience. I had the opposite treatment from Chinesevoice.com. I had to cancel early due to a change in circumstances. Even though they were disappointed that I was leaving and explained the contract commitments they allowed me to withdraw without penalty. I highly recommend this company and have just re-contacted them to start my lessons again.
    I am not affiliated with them or on payroll but I saw this blog and felt it only fair to blog my experience.

• Sm
      23rd of May, 2012

I have had a similar experience. They seem to be a scam. I am still waiting to be reimbursed. I cancelled two hours after signing up for a class and they even sent an email confirming my cancellation. However, I cannot get in contact with anyone other than representatives who take a message and tell me that another representative will be contacting me to resolve the matter. They ask me when a good time is for them to call me back. Whatever time it is I give them they definitely do not call at that time. In fact, they stopped calling me. I've called them many times, at this point, and have received no help. I have reported them to as many sites as I can. I hope by sharing my experience others will be informed enough to avoid them.
    Another thing to note is how peculiar it is that when searching about their reputation the only posts you really find are from them. There is nothing out there negative unless you really dig deep. Even then it's sparse. It's very, very suspicious how they are handling returns/cancellations. From all that I read my experience is shared.
    I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I hope you got your refund.