Chillitalk calling card / deduct the transaction money and didnt give me any activation code

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Chillitalk is a website which offers calling card for people to call in selected countries . It charges you 1 pence or 2 pence depending on the location. At first they offered a scheme where customer would get 100 free mintues when they purchase the calling card and the scheme would end by the end of the month . Now thats wht they would say, but they would keep on increasing the months saying that the schemes ends on end of Feb then it was end of March then it become end of april and guess what they use to never give the free 100 min .When you call the customer service helpline they make to queue for 1 hour on phone and then some one would actually hand up on you and you have to call all over again and when they did answer your call (after 1 or 1 and half hr wait) they would say "ohh we do give u 100 min free but then we charge for the connection fee each time you call" Okay fine you listen to what the guy says, then again when one fine day (wont call it fine at all ) my calling card talktime got over and I had to urgently make calls, out of desperation and it was 7pm in the evening, since none of the shops will be open, I opted to purchase chillitalk online and guess what, after giving all the credit card details and when I click on proceed they said the transaction has falied and I have to try again And when I check my bank account, it showed that the amount 10 pound was deducted by them . Firstly, I was highly frustated over my not so fine day, secondly I had to make a urgent call . When i called the customer service helpline they made me wait for 2 and half hr Can you beleive that ??? and I like a fool was waiting on the other side of the phone hoping that some one would answer my call . My head is still spinning with their call waiting ringtone. I couldnt get through on first attemp nor on second nor on third. Hence forth I have decided never to use their product . Its so irritating that people can con you so easily Here they advertise their product saying its the cheapest call rate they offer and then they offer you such a service. If you plan to use this calling card, I would suggest you think twice before using it.

Ky

Comments

• Am
      18th of May, 2009

Mate same thing happen with me. they dedected my £20 pounds nd didnt give me activation code

• El
      22nd of May, 2009

Chillitalk is a definite scam, making money by deception. They deducted £15 pounds(3 transaction of £5 each) without providing any activation code. When I contacted them last week, I was aksed to email the helpdesk and the mail bounced back with the message failed recepient - m.jaikuma@vectone.com. Now when I try contacting them on the phone(02078701257), that doesn't get through as well. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILLITALK or VECTONE.

• Am
      8th of Jun, 2009

Yes I got the same problem. But I want my money back. They don't have the right to withdraw from my account if the transaction failed!!

14th of Jun, 2009

same thing happen with me also frnd they deductes£15 pounds without providing code

• Um
      7th of Aug, 2009

Complaints ...http://www.vectone.com/contact_us.aspx
    if this link doesn't work than Ring the Head office on 44(0)207 1700 400 or email reception@vectone.com

I recently purchased a card from them, transaction was fine but they didn't add 100 free minutes to my account. I made awful lot of calls to customer service but they were not very helpful, couple of times one of the advisor hang up on me. Their customer service is below standard. I wouldn't recommend chillitalk to anyone. They bunch of thieves and over charging their customer without knowing them. I am not happy with them at all.

1st of Sep, 2009

Please note not only CHILLI TALK deceives you like mentioned above but please note there is a 10 pence connection charge. They deduct random manitenance charge and hardly give the full 100 free minutes promised. Even though call to India are promised at 1p they make money buy swindling people with above samll print scams. What they are doing is illegal please stay away for them and inform all your known people about the scam these people are running. I am going to compalint about them.

• Ha
      1st of May, 2010

hi, i got the same problem but not the chilli talk through the vectone mobile as chilli talk work under vectone as well, i bought £5 voucher with a sim card telling that i will give 1p/min, after topping it up, when i used it, it decucted 9p/min when i talked to cutomer service, they refused to help me by saying o that offer expired 3 days ago we cannot do anything, top uo with £20 to get this offer, and moreover they said they have no record of their head office number, thats VECTONE, under which chilli talk is trading.

• Bu
      12th of Jul, 2010

www.chillitalk.co.uk is a total scam. They are offering free minutes in disgues and charging much more. For example. they were offering 100 free minutes, but only if you buy a £ 5 card ( small print as usual). whereas when I bought a card for £20, I did not get no free minutes. It is an absolute rip off. Be careful when you spend your hard earned money on these scammers.

I was new customer and they lost a customer, just because of bad unprofessional customer services. I was talking to a gentlema from India ( I could clearly tell from the accent) but when I asked his name, he turned out to be, "Albert" but funny enough he could not think of a second name quickly and put the phone down.

• Ww
      17th of Aug, 2010

Has anyone reported this company to OFCOM? If so what did they do about it.

• Kb
      24th of Sep, 2010

We have been Getting several Telemarketing Calls from Connect2world from India, they keep calling and calling day and night.

Finally, we signed up for $20 with my Visa card. They Promised that they will activate my service within 10 mins of time. It has been more than 25 Days, my service is not activated.

Moreover, today when i received my card statement, I was a bit shocked to see a $200 Charge by connect2world.

Now, when I called the customer care number: 1-714-464-7400, no one picked the call. I was more Surprised when a Person by the name of Maksud Received the Call and said that the order was placed for $200 by me. When I said no, he started Arguing with me and later he started abusing me in very bad words.

Finally, he said that he will block my service and make sure that I do not get my Money Back.

For my uttermost Surprise, I also had a talk with the Call Center owner and he was just laughing his hearts out.

I just want to aware all the Indians in USA and Canada, that please do not entertain any telemarketing calls from connect2world as this is my experience with them.

I have nothing more to say apart from making a complain to BBB and lets see what else I can do to them.

I did refer my friends to Maksud, I also need to check what He has done to my Friends.

Connect2world is a Fraud Company, so please beware of Scams.

8th of Mar, 2012

I work for chillitalk and yes we suck ahahaahaahahaahahahaha though there are professional people who are actually employed with this company but due to the recession, this was the first one to surface, we grabbed it. its actually the whole company that is really bad...well what can i say, we suck! but again, its not a matter of choice, its the feeling and idea we have, if the company doesn't care, why should we? we try to pass on issues, but its disregarded, happiness!!!

• Ni
      27th of Mar, 2012

Same thing happen to me. CHILLITALK.co.uk is a scam. Please don't give your bank details to them. They will take money from you and you will have nothing but increased blood pressure. They took £15 off my account for 1500 minutes talk time package but now I cannot make calls. It says no credit in my account. Their customer service is the worse I've seen. There's no words to describe how demented they are. They are bunch of thieves. So don't get caught. You will have no option but to change your card or close the bank account. Is there any place where we can complain about this illegal activity?

• Ni
      15th of Jan, 2014

IVE NEVER EVEN ORDERED ANYTHING FROM CHILLTALK. NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE COMPANY UNTILL I SAW OVER $50.00 IN CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR PHONE CARDS!!! SOMEONE FROM THAT COMPANY OBVIOUSLY GOT MY CREDIT CARD INFO ONLINE AND CHARGED UP A STORM! MY CREDITORS ARE DEALING WITH THE PROBLEM NOW. BUT HOW SICK! FO A COMPANY TO STEAL PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY IT JUST SAD!

• Ba
      27th of May, 2014

Please don't buy Chilltalk product. Chillitalk voice quality is not good and taking amount additionally without our permission from card. Chillitalk customer care is very stupid. cheap international calls made easy only mentioned in website but everything fraud.dont use chillitalk product. i am not only complaint.please check previous customer complaints. one of the worst Chillitalk App on Apple & Android Smartphones, landlines and regular mobiles as well as PCs.