Chillin Out Cottage of Santa Rosa Beach Florida / will not return security deposit

1 GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-277-4311

RENTER BEWARE- your rental costs may be $600 more than the quoted rental rate !!
I rented a condo on the beach for Labor Day 2007. The house was actually very nice but the promised bikes were 2 vintage rusty bikes under the porch. we had to get rental bikes.
The contract stated that our $600 deposit would be returned in 2 weeks. To Date (August 2008) we have not recieved our deposit back. I have sent countless unanswered emails and as many calls to the company which is ALWAYS a voice mail (this is always a red flag when you can never get an answer). I have sent three unanswered register letters. I am currently discussing this with my lawyer.

The web site is very nice and renting was a breeze- the company was VERY prompt in getting it rented (all by email). BUT It may be a more costly rental than you anticipated.

Comments

• Da
      21st of Aug, 2008

I am having the same problem. A group of us stayed at Chillin Out Cottage in Early July 2008. I have not received my security deposit back as of late August 2008. I am taking legal action. My lawyer is looking into it. Want to team up?

I've got OBC Properties listed on my contract. What do you think the difference is between them and Rosemary Rentals?

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Please note - if pink/coral colored home appearss, this is an ad and is not the home or company being referenced in these complaints. Compass Resorts has asked that this ad be removed from this location as it is misleading.

• To
      18th of Oct, 2008

We too have never received our $600 deposit back, and the owner refuses to communicate with us.