Chili's Restaurant / cold food

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Although Chili's restaurants use the same recipies, the restaurant in Chicago Ridge serves COLD FOOD!! After sending back the soup (because it was ice cold and you could see the grease floating on top) the french fries were also cold and you could tell they had been sitting around in the kitchen. I was afraid to send them back too --maybe the server would spit on the food. The salad was brown. The whole experience was awful and we will never return to that Chili's.

Id

Comments

• Ed
      25th of Apr, 2008

It appears Chilis is a terrible restaurant no matter where they are. The Westmead restaurant in Sydney Australia has a terrible reputation for quality of cooking, taste of drinks, service and prices shown on final bill.
    This particular restaurant was mentioned in parliament for its treatment of staff and the manner in which they were expected to work and the errors in calculating their wages.
    Food often came not as ordered, often undercooked, often cold and raw in the middle. Management were often too off-hand about complaints.
    So called 'free' meals were often added to the bill.
    It was not unusual to have half the restaurant closed off yet have to wait up to an hour for the first course to be served.
    Tables and surrounding area was often left with food scraps from previous diners. My overall impression of this restaurant is that they are lucky people didn't become very sick from the food. Perhaps it's more a comment on the Australian healthy constitution/lifestyle that people didn't become very ill.
    Contacting Chilis USA indicated this companies overall attitude to its international customer base... couldn't really care less about complaints and people rarely lived up to their promise to get back to complainants.
    Sad thing is, the food is pretty good on the very rare occasion they get their act together. In this restaurant no-one takes responsibility and its the customer who is seen as in the wrong for having the audacity to complain.

• Ni
      9th of Jun, 2008

My partner and I first went to chilli's in Kuala Lumpur and thought the place was brilliant. The menu had lots of varieties, service was great and the food was awsome. When we got back to Australia we thought of opening our own but now i have read that Sydney could'nt keep up with the great reputation they have over there it has now stuffed it up for us.

Good On Ya Sydney.

• El
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Respected Management of Chilies Restaurant
    Complain Dep.

Three weeks ago my sister and I went to have dinner in your Muscat, Oman Chilies in Muscat City Center, , we’ve ordered 2 steaks, WELL DONE, , after some time our dinner came looking good, I started by a bit of mashed potato’s to find the potato peal is mashed with in, I took my first bit of steak tasted lovely and nice came to cut the second bit and blood started running, I’ve called the service they said sorry took the two plates to kitchen after 15 minutes our plates came back my sister couldn’t eat once she saw the blood, both of us were hungry yet she couldn’t eat but I tried once I cut again there was blood still I asked for the manager to see the steak he looked at it and said it was ok and this is their well done… I was quite upset from his remark since I’ve eaten in their before and it was well done any way he took it to the kitchen again… Here we ordered Molten chocolate cake and ate it… after 15 minutes my plate came looks like my potato’s was put in my plate by hand as well as the left of vegi’s and the steak… At this point I didn’t feel like eating and we asked to have them to go… we went home later my sister put her steak in micro wave to warm her dish up and I didn’t, , , Once we started cutting blood was still in both steaks, , , This happened on a Thursday night a peak day of the week end in Oman… Next morning I’ve called the restaurant and talked to the manager (his name is Ahmed) and I told him what happened last night, , , He apologized so many times as well as the service the night before, , , any way he took my number and promised to call at 5 pm, , , that was 3 weeks ago… Today I’ve talked to him again to see what happened and was so shocked to know that he had passed my complain to the General Manager who said he will take care of it… Honestly I got furies’ and demanded the cash for our 2 steaks only and very calmly he said I will tell my General Manager about that… So I told him I will be making this complain to the head office that cares about their reputation mainly…

My Demand if U kindly should do something about it since I can’t invite any guest to this place any more because I don’t trust them neither any of my sisters can imagine eating there… I wished that my email to you would’ve been a lovely thank you letter unfortunately it isn’t… Please take the proper action as soon as possible…

I am thanking your cooperation and wish you all the success… Awaiting your action…
    Have a nice day