Chili's / manager behaviour

1 Orlando, FL, United States

Good day Chili's team.
Had a couple of months ago the first ever negative reaction from one of your management team member. I had been a loyal customer forever, and you guys have no doubt the best wings, and love them because they are great, and they always the same recipe.
I been in the Restaurant business for over 30 years, and I know a little about what you can do as manager and what you cannot do, unfortunately what your Manager did, was one of the absolutes do not do list.
We showed up to your store on 6949S. Semoran Blvd in Orlando, we do not live on that side of town, but we had just purchased a car, and kind of a celebration mode, I was dying for some great wings (and by the way, I have passed the Chili's wings tradition to my 26 year son and my 5 year old grandson, which we had some last night) but the day it was just me and my wife, and we ordered some wings and a cheeseburger to share, the server which shame on me do not remember her name, she was outstanding! When we got the wings, which they came at a great timing, my wife noticed that they were only wingettes, I eat one before my wife said something, (the thing is, as much as my wife loves wings, she CAN NOT eat wingettes, only drumsticks, so I told nay wife that's not a problem, I called the server, explained that my wife only eats drumsticks, If she could make the order half and half, she very professional said, no problem, I'll take care of this in no time, two minutes later, your Manager, Sheri Trombley, said: sorry, but you eat a couple already, and they come like that, we DO NOT CONTROL OF HOW THE WINGS COME OUT, I was in shock of what I had just heard, I even in a polite way explained the situation again, making sure that Sheri could understand, that the order like that, my wife wool not be able to eat wings, she insisted that the order came like that, I did not want to argue with her at that moment, I just said, just take them back, and bring me the check for the beverages that we had, (hoping and giving a last chance to rectified her few mistakes that she had made in just a few minutes) but she did not do it.
Took home a bad flavor, but you know what I did not do, bad mouth your Restaurant, never told anybody about it, I have a great respect for your organization.
Thank you for accepting my complaint, you run a great organization to have one person ruin a loyal customer of over 30 years for probably a bad day that she was having.

Ricardo Lopez