Chili's Grill & Bar / service

1 Lake Mary, FL, United States

I am a 35 year old PHD student at a nearby college. As we do on a normal basis, a group of us arrived at approximately 9:50pm. I was denied the purchase of an alcoholic beverage because my only ID was a photo of my valid US passport. The waiter told me this was against ATF-regulation (which I speculated to be untrue). The manager "Mick" came to confirm his statement. I asked for proof of this legislation or policy. He said he would bring his rule-book; that never happened. During our checkout (3 tabs), every single tab was mismatched. The waiter was nowhere to be found to rectify the situation. We paid on the tablet. I stood up as we were leaving and asked for a to-go water, to leave, with my to-go order. This request was denied, because there was alcohol on the table. This waiter gave us a hard time since the moment we walked in the door, messed up our checks, disappeared to have them corrected, and denied my to-go water. I was demeaned, ignored, and treated like a criminal. Terrible experience. My group will certainly not be frequenting this facility any longer.

Ra