Child Support Services of Ga or Atlanta / Rude/not helpful/collect money u never see

1 GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 478-741-3535

They have rude employees who refuse to help or even send you paperwork in your own file, they often change thier name when you have called there so many times you know thier voice. In the beginning I knew it had to be a scam, they never tell you about thier fees they collect before they send you your money almost 500.00. Then they get 35% of your money and you get 65%. Not only do they get 35% of your money if you want the only paperwork they will give you, or say they will send if you pay $5.oo for the stamp the envelope and the time it takes them to pull your file make a copy and send is the agreement your case worker said you should have kept a copy of. You know its not like your a single mother who can barely make it and has to relocate cities twice. No they dont understand and they dont help.
The father lost his job back in september and paid once a month, recently got another job and since you basically pay them 35% they want you to follow him to see where he is working?! Thats what thier 35% was for or atleast I thought.
This company is a joke.
The good news is, since cussing my case worker out I have filed a complaint with Ga's consumer affairs.
Whew...Im done. :)

Comments

• Js
      29th of Jun, 2009

My sister-in-law works for the welfare department. Recently, she had a nice woman and her 4 year old daughter come in and apply for benefits. During the initial interview, while looking over the application, she noticed the section regarding the father's job details, address, and income was left blank. So she asked this nice lady, "Do you have any more information than this? Where is the father now"?

The nice lady replied, "I don't know. I haven't seen him in 2 years."

Then the little girl piped up. "But Mommy, Daddy's in the car!"

My sister in law handed her the application back.

That is why you don't get optimal service from these agencies. Half of everyone is lying.

• Js
      29th of Jun, 2009

>>They apparently dont understand you never mess with a mother or her childrens money!

p.s. actually it is the taxpayer's money.

• Am
      30th of Jun, 2009

No its not the state! this company has impersonated the state. Or did you not read what is typed above?
    The money is what the father has been sending to this crappy establishment!

• Am
      30th of Jun, 2009

ps. I am a working mom, tax payer as well. That right there is just plain bias against single mothers. Not all sit at home on thier butts and not work while having nails and this and that..

• Ex
      1st of Jul, 2009

this is hope and change under blowhama

• Cb
      12th of Nov, 2009

The Georgia Department of Child Support Services is the worst Service I have ever experienced. The Employess of this establishment are RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, UNINFORMED, AND HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT TO TELL PEOPLE.
    If at some point these EMPLOYESS do not have an answer for your question, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THEY WILL MAKE SOMETHING UP THAT SOUNDS ALMOST RIGHT JUST TO GET YOU OFF OF THE PHONE.
    SAD to say this, but YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHEN A BLACK FEMALe IS ON THE OTHER LINE YOU CAN ALMOST SENSE THE ATTITUDE BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN SAY YOUR FIRST WORD.

AND for your infomation, I AM BLACK!!!

8th of Jul, 2010

I am SO fed up with this office. I need to find out where to file a complaint. I submitted the application online then was told that I could not complete the process with the confirmation number. So I was given a paper application to fill out. After sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes filling out the paper application I was told they would not accept it because it was after 2pm. I returned the next day with an online confirmation number, the paper application and all of the documentation. I gave it to the receptionist and sat in the lobby for 20 minutes to be told I was all set and I would receive something in the mail in about two weeks. After not receiving anything in the mail and the online portal only saying active, I called customer service to be told my case had been closed due to my failure to supply the documentation needed. Now it has been referred to the legal team for review to see if it can be re-opened. Now my personal information along with my daughter's is just floating around with God know who doing God knows what. Oh, you have to make your own copies and provide them to the office. Lord help me get the help I need, that is all I can say.